FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Listen to my music.

Author Topic: Listen to my music.
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are seven of my band's songs, roughly recorded, without drums and lyrics. But it'll still give you a taste of what we sound like.

Songs 1 and 2 have both electric and acoustic versions.

Download the songs here: http://icedragon600.tripod.com

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Drums and vocals would help carry the songs, for sure. That said, nice work. I particularly liked numbers six and seven. *waits for the finished product*

Edit: Hope that didn't come off as condescending or anything. My own music DEFINITELY needs a drummer. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

[ August 15, 2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Noah - Everytime I start one of your songs I get an Explorer error message that boots me out of Explorer. I'm not sure if this is a problem with me or the site. [Frown]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

What kind of music do you usually listen to. Ever do the really heavy stuff? You got a good sound for it.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I think the guitar play is really good, and really creative. Did he come up with those tunes? I like the ones I've listened to so far. I think he might try and improve the actual sound of the guitar. Less distortion would be good. (I've only listened to the first 2 songs, but not the acoustic version).

But, I guess, that the voice will be a MAJOR factor, it always is. Do you guys have a singer, or will it be one of the band members. Meaning, does the singer only sing, or does he play an instrument as well.

Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
*waits for drums and lyrics*
[Smile]

[ August 15, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Jaiden ]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a fan of that particular style of music, but I still liked them, especially #7, though yes, the distortion was definitely too high for my tastes. #6 was my second favorite. I think I just prefer the acoustic over the electric. I'd better download the other versions of #1 and #2, I guess.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - I like this.

That's all I can say - I don't have any sort of deep criticism or constructive advice; I just like it. It's relaxing and something I would voluntarily listen to. ^_^

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I double-checked. #5 was the other acousticy sounding one, and I liked it. #6 I liked the intro a lot. #1 and #2 I listened to the acoustic versions, and I prefer the originals. The songs just belong electric.

<- Also looking forward to the finished products with drums and lyrics.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I play drums normally, though ever-so-often I'll add a little bit of trombone and mandolin. Song #7 will have me playing mandolin, it will be without drums. (I've played drums for 9 years, trombone for 8, and mandolin for 1/2)

Huffy sings.
Larry and Rob both play guitar.
We're trying to get either Paul, or this other guy who I don't know to play bass.

The recording is rough. The reason the electric doesn't sound very good is because good recording equipment wasn't used. And you can tell by some of the slight off beats of the guitars that it wasn't fine-tuned. But one of our guys' dad has a whole recording studio in his basement. We're gonna make a top-notch demo by september 5th.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool. [Cool]

Thanks for sharing those, by the way. [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

No prob.

I'll put more up as we record more.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.