FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mission Space

Author Topic: Mission Space
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is slow today, so I guess I have to start my own threads. If I get really desperate, I'll respond to myself as well!

So I just wanted to brag about the fact that I got a sneak preview of the newest Epcot ride a couple of weeks ago (unfortunately, I was otherwise too busy at the time to post about it).

linkage

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Eek! Didn't mean to hit enter so soon!

Anyway, no time to post now, but it was VERY COOL!

[Big Grin]

Nyah nyah!

[Razz]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I am so jealous.

You know, with Hatrack so dead, we could launch a score of evil plots without anyone noticing. It could be high times for thee and me, sort of like getting locked in overnight in a candy store, but without the inevitable root canals in our forties.

[Wave]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(why is there a dog in the space suit? [Confused] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you really want to know?

'Cause I wouldn't.

o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(well, I'm thinking it could be a great setup for a pun, but I'm not sharp enough to think one up)
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
why is there a dog in the space suit?
Cause the elephant couldn't fit?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
why is there a dog in the space suit?
He's the Lunar Rover.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[Hail] [Hail] [Hail]
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a big promotion for "Mission Space" during the commercial breaks for "Mission to Mars" last night on ABC.

It looked pretty cool!

::Curious:: Disney has done "Country Bears" and "Pirates of the Carribean". "Haunted Mansion" is due out around Christmas time. They just did a TV version of "Mission to Mars". What other rides can they parlay into films?

[ August 17, 2003, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Next Christmas's big blockbuster: It's a Small World After All, in which a Latino boy of unknown descent growing up as a ward of the state in LA runs away with his dog to find a place where they can fit in. They travel throughout all of Latin America and meet many kind-hearted people, but never quite feel at home, so they stow away on a plane bound for Spain. They end up traveling throughout Europe, and the rest of the continents as well, attracting international attention along their quest and millions of adoption offers. They finally discover that home is wherever you choose to make it, and that people are basically the same wherever you go, and move in with an African American social worker (who was born in Kenya) whose offer to adopt they boy had rejected before setting out on his quest. This point is symbolically underscored by a certain redundancy throughout the story line, and the sense that, even though people everywhere speak different languages, they are all basically saying the same thing. Opens December 1st!

[Smile]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Starring Haley Joel Osment as the young Latino boy!
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! [Hail] That will be a blockbuster for sure!

btw, I really liked Pirates

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
When I went to Epcot 2 or 3 years ago I signed up for their E-Mail list to get info on this ride.

It came a week ago, but I've been to busy to play with it.

Bob==Great Rover joke.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember jealously staring at the "Ride in progress" signs when I went to Disneyworld last year...

(Loves Epcot)

(Will probably never get to go back. ;_;)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
You can't miss the action epic in production: Monorail. And next spring's quirky adventure about working in Disneyland: E Ticket !
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

And for early 2005: Maelstrom, a horror/drama in which a brave executive and his freckle-faced young daughter battle rabid ecoterrorists and angry trolls to bring the benefits of offshore oil drilling to a grateful Norway! You are not the first or last to pass this way . . . but it'll be the last time for you!

"I came seeking adventure and excitement, but instead I found beauty and enchantment!" -Roger Ebert

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
heheheheheheehehehee!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
How about "The Jungle Cruise" starring Steve Martin.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I so enjoyed this thread! [Smile]
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I were at Epcot a few weeks ago and caught the Mission Space ride. It left us both feeling sick. It's one of those centrifuge things. When we got off the ride there was a little room for people to sit and recover. The room was packed. People were lying on the floor, holding their stomachs.

The best ride at Epcot in my opinion was the Exxon, Ellen Degenres, moving theater ride. The GM test track was cool too.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
*dissapointed this thread is not about redecorating with craftsman-style oak furniture*

Oh. well. Looking for hidden Mickeys is good, too.

oo
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Test Track is GREAT. *excited* *gets to go to Disney this summer*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sugar+Spice
Member # 5874

- posted      Profile for Sugar+Spice   Email Sugar+Spice         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I went on this a couple of weeks ago. Considering that both I and my mother, who I was with, suffer from serious sea sickness (I only have to step into a boat to get ill and once got sea sick on the River Thames on a very calm day) we both had a great time.

The trick, for anyone who want to try it in the future, is to listen to the instructions. If you don't take your eyes from the screen even for a moment, you'll probably be ok. If you do, I think that's when the disorientation and motion sickness sets in. However, if you suffer from claustrophobia, this is not the ride for you either. The girl next to us in the line bolted for the door as soon as she saw how small the cubicles are.

Posts: 119 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

quote:
The best ride at Epcot in my opinion was the Exxon, Ellen Degenres, moving theater ride.
o_O

This is the sarcasm, yes?

[ May 01, 2004, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Megachirops ]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

No, not sarcasm.

I'm a home theater enthusiast, and all the projectors and big screens in there got me quite excited. Then when the theater seating started moving, I about piddled my shorts.

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

[Big Grin]

[/mental_image]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Horse: [ROFL]

And by far the best ride in Epcot is.....

El Rio Del Tiempo.

The song will turn your brain to mush 3.7 seconds faster than the song in "It's a Small World." The Imagineers worked dozens of years to perfect it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Ic, Bob, CT, and everyone else. This is the funniest thread I've read recently, and made me actually laugh out loud.

The epic Monorail had me giggling here at work like a seeming idiot to my co-workers. No wait, they all left. Oh well.

Sorry I have nothing more intelligent to contribute to this thread. Although Tower of Tower might make a nice remake of a Twlight Zone epidose. Maybe a 1 hour DIsney special?

Didn't they just build a Tower of Terror in Disneyland???

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to correct the spelling of "epidose" but thought if was fitting to the drug business and left it as is! [Big Grin]

Can you tell I am doing my annual inventory?

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skillery
Member # 6209

The unicycle kid on the tightrope is my favorite part of the It's a Small World ride (that and smooching with my honey), but the unicycle was broken this time. Boy was I cheezed off.
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
Tower of Tower

For some reason that is so funny to me I can't stop laughing

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.