FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Where are we in the war?

Author Topic: Where are we in the war?
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the score at this point?

Has the deck been laid down? Cards on the table?

WMDs? found, forgotten, should I check underneath my bed tonight?

flish

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

G "dub" was a zero, prior to birth.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I still trust our president. Why would we still send inspectors to Iraq if there wasn't a good idea that there were weapons of mass destruction there? I think that Hussein hid them well before he left power. Remember weapons of mass destruction were only a part of the reason for going to Iraq. There was also the issue of terrorist training camps (which we found), freeing an opressed people (the Kurds), and removing a dangerous man and his two demented sons. I think those are still good reasons to go to Iraq.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I think flish posts after watching a ten-hour marathon of The Joy of Painting.

::insert hypnotized smilie::

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that smile should be applied with a palette knife instead. [Smile]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

*chuckles. good' un*
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(Ralphie, I'm now snorting whole tortilla chips out me nose. But I would've suspected Ryan, not flish.)
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

no, seriously.

Is there a war on? Are we in it?

eslaine
Member # 5433

I thought it was a police action. Like Vietnam...
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

Really?!
eslaine
Member # 5433

I do mean Libya.
filetted
Member # 5048

we're at war with Libya?!
eslaine
Member # 5433

No, we're just sending troops. I don't know where it stands, I haven't read a newspaper since Wednesday... Sorry.
filetted
Member # 5048

Me neither.

who else are we at war with?

eslaine
Member # 5433

This link might help:
DICK! [Big Grin]

filetted
Member # 5048

Iraq, yeah, and who else?

I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with being at war with everyone. It doesn't sound like a good place to position the nation.

flish

eslaine
Member # 5433

No arguments here. Bottom line: our bottom line is negative again.
filetted
Member # 5048

No doubt.

The war didn't help.

flish

jenny
Member # 5551

- posted      Profile for jenny   Email jenny         Edit/Delete Post 
There hasn't been much news on the war on terrorism lately, it seems more focused on the California recall and the Kobe Bryant case.
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

well said, jenny.
jenny
Member # 5551

Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

I don't know who we're at war with, though, and this is unsettling.
jenny
Member # 5551

Since many troops are returning from Iraq, perhaps the government believes that the war there has settled somewhat. Also, I think the government has captured an Al Queda official. Bush also stated that we are winning the war on terrorism, but I'm not sure what he's basing that on.
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that we trained (or are training) 50 Iraqis for the new Iraqi militia to replace the thousands of troops currently being supplied by various countries, especially Canada, UK, and USA. The Liberians are asking us to come help save them and we haven't really answered them yet, while we have Peace Talks with North (or is it South?) Korea with China and the other side South (or possibly North) Korea and Russia adding their two cents. Oh, yeah and I guess there was a power outage somewhere that made the Canadians mad at us or something; nothin to worry about. That's the overall rumors of the United States current Foreign Affairs policy, but it's liable to change suddenly and without warning...usually for the worse. [Monkeys]
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
When Libya is mentioned above, do the people mean Liberia? Or are the Americans sending people to both L-Countries.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.