FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Parking Tickets

Author Topic: Parking Tickets
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to lend out my car, and the borrower were to get a parking ticket, who is responsible?

If I were able to prove that I was not the driver at the time and date of the ticket, could I legally force the one who borrowed my car to pay, or would I be SOL and just be more careful when deciding to whom I lend my car?

Anyone know the law for sure?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I know this doesn't answer your question, but if you are responsible for the paying of the ticket, does that rule out small claims court against the driver of your car?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
You know who'd know the answer to this question?

These people. [Wink]

Here is some other information.

http://home.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/dispute2.html

quote:
The New York City Department of Finance is pleased to provide you with this guide detailing how to request the dismissal of a parking ticket you believe defective (that is, incorrectly filled out). Defective parking tickets may be dismissed even if you do not have another defense to the charged violation. If you do have another defense; however, you should include that also, in case the Judge subsequently deems the ticket non-defective. The fine may still be reduced, even if you do not have another defense, if you show good cause (in other words, "guilty with an explanation".) If you are making your request in writing, plainly state why you believe the ticket is defective, as well as any other defense you may have. Be sure to enclose copies of any evidence you wish to have considered, although signed statements should be originals. Non-submitted items cannot be considered. Evidence can include: witness statements, photographs, documents, etc. Decisions on mailed requests will be mailed to you as well.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If I was tall and stuffed full of lean muscle tissue like you are, Eddie, I would most likely beat people up for the sheer joy of it. Considering that, I'm having difficulty understanding why you would pass up the opportunity to beat the snuffin' out of someone when you have a strong case like them getting you a parking ticket and refusing to pay it.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, he's afraid beating up Emily will get him kicked off Hatrack.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Oh, right.

I forgot about liking people.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, pop is on fire today!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Isn't he though? I nearly choked on that one thread. [Cool]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
He just has nothing of real value to add today, that's all.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I don't think Moose gets enough credit for being funny. But, I think that works for him because it catches you by surprise.

There are a couple people around here that are HILARIOUS but don't get the credit for it they deserve. Zalmoxis, zgator and Squicky come to mind. There a bunch of others, and I'm always surprised by how little credit they get.

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'd have to second that. And some of the coffee stains won't come out of my mousepad either. [No No]

[Laugh] Don't forget Ralphie either.

[ August 19, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: eslaine ]

Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Ralphie gets more credit than she deserves.

I've spent so long posturing and attention whoring people started buying into my crap. [Smile]

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
My point entirely. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a parking ticket on a date once. Well, sort of a go-to-the-campus-coffee-shop-and-chat-for-three-hours-while-parked-in-a-two-hour-parking-space...

It's okay though. She didn't seem to think I was too stupid afterward.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Holy Carp! You had a date?!? [Eek!]

[ROFL]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.