FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Site with haircuts?

Author Topic: Site with haircuts?
Netty
Member # 4306

- posted      Profile for Netty   Email Netty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Does someone happen to know a site with haircuts??
I'm going to the hairdresser tomorrow. [Blushing]
(I have a haircut in mind that I saw in the movie Swing. From the front it's short, and from behind it's long. It goes down steeply. But I don't remember exactly how. I mean, if it's in a straight line or not.)

If you could lend me a hand, thanks a lot!!!

Netty

Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but are you a girl or a boy?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Is this the movie you are talking about?

quote:
An optimisitc guy (Hugo Speer) is arrested and thrown in jail, while there he learns the saxophone from a fellow inmate (Clarence Clemons). Once he's released from jail, he and a few friends form a swing band while he tries to win back his girlfriend (Lisa Stansfield) who married the police officer who arrested him (Danny McCall)!
http://www.imdb.com/Title?0140590
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff   Email Sho'nuff         Edit/Delete Post 
From what you describe i've found a site or two that may help you narrow down your search.

http://www.mulletjoe.com/mulletgallery1.htm

http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Sho is funny.
Netty
Member # 4306

I'm a girl. And that was not the movie I was talking about. It's this: Max is on holiday at his grandmother's place in the Elzas in France. He's fascinated by the guitarplay of gipsy Miraldo. For writing letters to the social security institutes he gets guitarlessons from Miraldo. He becomes friends with Swing, a boyish gipsygirl, who shows him the nature and takes him to exuberant mucic evenings.

And thanks Sho! That was what I'm looking for. Maybe a boyish haircut [Wink]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Netty
Member # 4306

How did you find them Sho? I'm impressed...
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
<drops jaw>

<shudders uncontrollably>

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff's Posse
Member # 3649

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff's Posse           Edit/Delete Post 
Sho would like to say "no comment" on the above questions.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

http://www.potentialfilms.com/images/swing_littlelogo.gif

You're joking about the mullet, right?

Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking she might be talking about layers around the face, as opposed to a mullet. They'd be described about the same, but look totally different. [Smile]

Is that right, Netty? How short were the shortest parts in the front? Like, chin level, or maybe jaw level? And how long?

Most hairdressers are pretty good at doing what you tell them to do - but having a picture is a good idea as well. Let me look around a bit for a link for you.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Here's one that's sorted by length: http://www.hair-styles.org/

Here's one (but watch out for the pop-ups): http://hair-styles-hairstyles.com/

Here's a style finder: http://www.substance.com/hn/hsfinder/

Here's another where you pick the length you want: http://www.hair-news.com/hair-styles.html

I hope those help a bit - good luck!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Vana, you need to install the google toolbar. .
Vána
Member # 3262

I have it already!

Why?

Kayla
Member # 2403

No pop-ups! If you already have it, why are you getting them? [Confused]
Vána
Member # 3262

That's a darn good question.

Hmm.

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
She probably needs the newest release of the google toolbar, which has the popup blocker.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

I'm going to get the new one, then!
Vána
Member # 3262

Thanks, guys. [Big Grin]
Kayla
Member # 2403

[Big Grin]
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
A good firewall works wonders too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

I have no control over the firewall at work, so...yeah.
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kayla! I have safari at work which automatically has google toolbar, but I didn't know you could get it for IE.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
They have these really great posters at all the esteticas in Mexico that are pencil drawings of all the haircuts they give. I think someone drew them in 1963 and hasn't bothered to update them since. I tried to steal one the whole time I was there, but met with little success. If anyone has access to one, my birthday is next May.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.