FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Does Hatrack really need more Dobs?

Author Topic: Does Hatrack really need more Dobs?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously folks, let it go.

Deep breaths people, deep breaths.

-Bok

[ August 22, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirReal
Member # 5257

- posted      Profile for SirReal   Email SirReal         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one
Posts: 172 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Darnit Bok, I was thinking the *exact* same thread idea. [Cool]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, considering the fact that I did the first one, I think I should be in the clear.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] Boy, I've never seen so many Dobies of a single thread!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well some of them are just Dobies of a Dobie... But still, [Hat] Eslaine [Hat]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ August 22, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've never once found a Dobie even resembling the slightest hint of an inkling of a suggestion of a possibility of humour.

They're really just annoying. Wasn't there a thread made a while ago for people to post potential dobie titles, without cluttering the front page? I guess nobody uses it because they want everyone at Hatrack to see just how clever they are [Wall Bash]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, God knows it's important that the normal masterpieces that get posted don't get lost in the mix. :/ [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough, Head. But when I see a normal post I'll go into it to see what's what. When I see I Dobie I make a careful note as to who posted it and vow to force them to watch Cabin Boy for one full day, over and over and over again. [Wink]
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
*shudder* Truly, you are the master of evil.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
It's here, but people just kinda stopped using it. I think people get more responses when they're posted as separate threads -- even when they're lame. Feel free to bump the thread, though. Maybe it'll catch on some day.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anyone really thinks they're funny. What they are is a meme that has all of us in its thrall and won't let go. It's like when your little brother gets into the mode of repeating everything you say right after you say it and won't stop until you beat him up or something. It's not that he thinks it's funny but he just can't quit. [Smile]

[ August 22, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, how's come that one with me pulling out the Dobie-man Pinscher pic got deleted?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hi
Member # 5289

- posted      Profile for Hi           Edit/Delete Post 
Making a Dobie, bumps other threads off the front page. I think everyone should just post within Papa Mooses thread like they did a short a while ago. It doesn't get as much exposure there but at least it satisfies one's need to dobie and at the same time, doesn't take up too much forum space.

(I erased any trace of me attempting to be funny. [Razz] )

[ August 23, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Hi ]

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that I find most dobies fairly annoying, to tell you the truth.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

I guess the irony of this thread was lost on people? Sheesh! [Smile]

I think the occassional Dobie or 2 is fine, but I have a very low barrier of entry to my funny bone.

I mean, I like Cabin Boy.

[Eek!]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Bok - Thank you for that. Whatever it was.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think of it as ironical so much as very very appropriate. [Smile]

My threshold of humor is quite low, too, but wow I haven't found one of these even faintly amusing or interesting since the first week they appeared. Yet I've resigned myself to the prospect that they will never end. [Smile]

One summer the kids in my neighborhood started talking "gibberish", which was what we called it when you buried every syllable of what you were saying inside three syllables of nonsense. If you wanted to say "boy", for instance, you said "buh the goy". "Hit that boy" would be rendered "hih the git the the gat buh the goy". After a while we just couldn't stop talking like that. It wouldn't go away. We kept reinfecting each other. I'm not sure to this day how we ever managed to stop. <laughs> Dobies are like that.

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

btw, Bok - I can't e-mail you. I have no clue what your addy and/or AIM nick is.

What's up with that?

Bokonon
Member # 480

You should be able to email me via the Hatrack link... Your brother also has it from when I applied, and then wussed out from, his DnD campaign.

As for AIM, I've got it, but I like to keep it on the down-low. The mad press I get is just a hassle, you dig?

-Bok

Ralphie
Member # 1565

I tried it. It's not working for me for some reason.

E-mail me. dandadodge@comcast.net

The fact that it's taking so much effort to contact you is like sand in my underwear, Bok. Sand in my underwear. [No No]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind a dobie or two, and I have found many of them funny. So nyah! [Razz]

Dour humorless people who can't bear to see any of the great, serious threads bumped off the front page . . . [Roll Eyes]

But I do agree that it gets out of hand. Once something has been dobied, especially if it's had a couple of dobies, then no matter how clever your idea is, you should not start a new thread for it.

But that's just my opinion.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Actually, Icky, it's the funny threads that are bumped off the first page for stupid dobies that bothers me [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.