FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » People Who Have Left (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: People Who Have Left
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, something got really screwed up on my computer and AIM just royally sucks. It takes forever to sign on and then while I'm chatting with someone, it just freezes for no apparent reason and then a few minutes later, it just starts working again. Basically, I've given up AIM. I am, however, currently looking for some spyware programing. I've done the whole "search you computer" thing and it would seem there is a bunch of it on here. Maybe that is what's screwing everything up. I just don't buy stuff over the internet, and I have been to the store to see if they sell the software for getting rid of it, or not. Anyone have any other ideas about what is screwing up AIM so badly? And the general speed of my computer has drastically been reduced. I've deleted cookies, I've defraged. I've done everything I can think of. It just kinda sucks.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I'm a big believer in repressing memories. I've done it most of my life. [Smile]

[ August 29, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Kayla - After you've cleaned off your spyware (and uninstalled AIM), you could try using an alternate program to utilize your AIM sn, such as Trillian or DeadAIM. Trillian is useful for people with multiple instant messenger identities (AIM, Yahoo, etc.), because you can use all of them simultaneously. DeamAIM is like AIM, only better - no ads, logging, window transparency, personalization of buddy sn, and you can use multiple aim sns.

[ August 29, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Ni, did you ever try calling Jeff?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
What about Frisco?
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
He just called me not long ago, Nick. He's got his Frisco travel bug, but hopefully we'll see him again soon. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Gator, I just found his number today, it's on my list of things to do as soon as i'm done with classes tomorrow.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saberZedge
Member # 5274

- posted      Profile for saberZedge   Email saberZedge         Edit/Delete Post 
Since Jiaden actually noticed that I have not posted, it is because as Krankykat I quit posting. I lurk as saberZedge, and sign off as Krank when I rarely post. There are many changes and obligations in my life to post often. Hatrack is a great place and I enjoy looking at what others have to say.

I can speak for DB. Like me, he is busy teaching at a new school, and like me, his job is more demanding to post right now.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss you guys, both, a ton. [Frown]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

Ok, so jeff's fine. His computer's not working, but he was kind of taking a hiatus anyway, so everything's ok. He didn't have a chance to talk, he'd just gottenhome from work and was tired, so we'll talk more tomorrow.

I'm allowed to give his phone number to anyone who wants it, so IM me, or email me.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m. bowles
Member # 3743

- posted      Profile for m. bowles   Email m. bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
The Unmaker is a busy man theese days. He is busy shaping the minds of our youth......that is a scary thought! [Smile]
Posts: 128 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
KACard seems to have left. The last time I saw her post was when the smilies were added and the landmark archives were set up. (You know, a lot of people don't like silly smilies or landmark posts, but leaving over it seems a bit extreme, don't you think?) I remember when she used to occasionally post . . . what kind of dog did she end up getting? (Or was that request on someone else's behalf?) Does anybody around here know her at all? Hey Geoff, somebody told me you know KACard. Is she doing alright?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
She posted today in Slash's sick thread.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Kewl. I just thought I'd mention that the time she posted before that was in a hatin' on OSC thread, wherein she said basically that the only reason she hadn't already deleted it was because she was too busy laughing at it.

(loves the mods)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
kwsni, I would IM you, but I don't have your AIM. [Wink]

**Ela**

[ September 17, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess she must have deleted it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

::blink:: I was almost sure i put it in my profile somewhere. THat's weird.

edit: it's in my profile, now.

Ni!

[ September 17, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: kwsni ]

Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Im baaaaack

heh heh heh he heh?

[Hat]

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Robey. In the time away did you learn how to spell?

Now go away.

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robey. [Wave] Where've you been?

[ September 17, 2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Jeni ]

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.