FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chuck Palahniuk fans(redux)

Author Topic: Chuck Palahniuk fans(redux)
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff   Email Sho'nuff         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done a couple of these before, but it looks like it's time for another one.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15943

Apparently there's a cool documentary being released of a Chuck Palahniuk conference that happened recently.

Also, Chuck's new book "Diary" was just released.

Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
this Chuck guy sounds like a pretty cool dude.

Now you *have* to bring the movie over this weekend! [Wink]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

Yeah, as well as the two personal copies of Fight Club he sent me signed...with notes included inside the text, and stickers...

Talk about cool.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

bizarre, with the usual amount of depraved characters and unexpected endings.

but tell me, did you enjoy the book after watching the movie a million times? because i didn't read it till after i had seen the movie maybe 3-5 times.

I've now seen the movie countless times. As well as read the book 3 or 4 times. And I find that reading the book diminishes my love for the movie a little more each time. The movie is still great, and Fincher and the cast did a wonderful job of getting the feel of the book right, but it's still so sub par to the book on so many levels. And also, even knowing exactly what happened the whole time reading the book, it didn't take anything away at all. That's how great Chuck is.

So basically what i'm saying is that if the book didn't do it for you, the rest of his books might not either.

If you want to check out what some of the other books are about i suggest just checking amazon or maybe his website http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/index.php.

dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I received an advance reader of Diary and decided to give him a try because I have never read any of his stuff before and he's been recomended by some customers I trust. Plus I really like Fight Club as a movie. I am only about a quarter of the way into it and I must say it is one of the weirdest books I have ever read and also one of the best. I really am enjoying it. I want to meet the guy who thinks this stuff up! He must be deranged! I really like that in a person! [Evil]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE Chuck. My friends all love him but I think he's the Howard Stern of literature.
Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read Fight Club and Choke, and didn't like either. They were both well written, with interesting stories, but those two aspects just didn't seem to fit each other. It's hard to describe.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.