FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » GAAAAaaahhhh! (or why do girls have to leave the toilet seat down?)

Author Topic: GAAAAaaahhhh! (or why do girls have to leave the toilet seat down?)
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the misfortune of sharing a bathroom with my sister when I was growing up. And of course, me being the boy, I was the one ended up having to lift the seat every time I needed to use it. I can handle any other part of the bathroom except lifting the toilet seat. GROSSSS!!! *shudders at the mere thought* Now I live with my wife and we have separate, and my toilet seat is never down like that. But in a mere second my wife can turn a toilet into a pee covered nasty, nasty thing by putting the seat down causing me to miss. Not to mention the floor around the toilet. *shudders again*

WHY must girls be so gross??? Can't they put the seat back up? Can't they quickly wipe up any little splashage of mine if it bothers them so much?

[ August 29, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, girls explode on contact with germs. Don't you know nothing from nothing?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dannyXcore
Member # 5332

- posted      Profile for dannyXcore   Email dannyXcore         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread name also made me giggle. Congratulations, and thank you. <3

D

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damander
Member # 4439

- posted      Profile for Damander           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! (Seriously, I almost couldn't stop laughing) [ROFL]
Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! beautiful! [ROFL]
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.

In my house I demand BOTH seat AND lid are shut, because the women demand the seat down, and then don't shut the lid! [Grumble]

But I like zgator's idea too! [Evil]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Our house is like that too, where we keep both the lid and seat down.

But seriously...the only reason the seat even lifts in the first place is because guys were peeing all over it and women freaked out (understandably). If guys didn't pee on the seat, then they could pee with the seat down. Learn how to aim, and we can go back to toilets with the seat attached, and everyone would be happy.

Duh. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
PSI, as I alluded to in the other thread, you just don't seem to understand the concepts of "overspray" and "splashback"! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
But with the lid shut, how do the dogs and cats get any water?

I think someone could make a lot of money by inventing a toilet seat with a handle or foot pedal to raise and lower it.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IndexCard
Member # 4585

- posted      Profile for IndexCard   Email IndexCard         Edit/Delete Post 
They have those in some motor homes I've been inside of.... of course, they're much like those crappy pedal-step garbage cans...and those tend to suck.

**dannyXcore**

Posts: 219 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I got this in an email from a friend of mine today and it reminded me of this thread. Especially the 1st #1 rule. [Wink]

quote:

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.