FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Tomorrows my first game as coach.

Author Topic: Tomorrows my first game as coach.
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Both my boys play soccer and they needed coaches for the older boys teams(5-6 grades). So since I had played soccer from 4-12 grades when I was in school I let myself be drafted into being Geoff's coach. Geoff is my oldest son. There are 14 kids on the team and 6 teams in the division. This division is recreational so there is not as much emphasis on working the kids really hard and we only play locally. We have bee practicing for almost a month now and have had one scrimage, which we won 3-1. There was one goal in particular in which the kids did what we practiced on a throw in and it was almost perfectly executed. It was beautiful to behold. I have a great goal keeper, meaning a young man who likes to play goal keeper and seems very good at the position. I have 4 or so kids who are very good and in pretty good shape to play my half backs. I have 2-3 boys who are not terribly fast, but are fast but are fairly large and intimidating who like to play fullback and seem fairly good at it. I have 4-5 boys who are average size but quick and seem to like to play the forwards.

We have our first real game tomorrow. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Of course this is just for fun, but it can still be even more fun if we win. [Smile] The weather is supposed to be in the mid 70's, sunny, light breeze. It rained alot Mon-Wed, and has not been hot since then, so the field should be nice and green, soft with out being muddy. In other words, Saturday may just be a perfect soccer day.

I do not think I will sleep tonight.

Wish me and the team luck.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
A well-oiled machine. It looks as if you won't need luck.

Have a great game. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck--sounds like both you and the team are pretty ready for this!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, and have fun. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
How'd it go msquared?

[Edit--yes, I know that it hasn't happened yet, it being only about 9:00 EDT right now.]

[ September 06, 2003, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
WE WON!!!!!!!

[Party]

It was a close game. We scored once with about 20 seconds to go in the third quarter. It was a tough fought game and I think the kids were relived that we will not go 0-12. [Smile]

We had some great passing on the front line and the some great assists from the halfbacks. The defense was stiffiling after the first quarter( I think my kids still had to wake up).

[The Wave]

Well we have a scrimmage against another team in the division on Monday and another game next Saturday. That game is an 8:00AM and I hate those. I don't get up that early on Saturday normally. [Sleep] It is also usually very dewy and wet that early. I much prefer the 11:00 start time we had today.

Right now I feel like Coach of the Year.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toni
Member # 5620

- posted      Profile for Toni   Email Toni         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, HOO-ah!

Congrats, msquared. [Smile]

Posts: 72 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*high-fives*

Congrats! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.