FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need help from tech savvy people!

Author Topic: Need help from tech savvy people!
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I was sitting here at my desk, eating a carrot, and my dog jumps up to get in on the sweet carrot action. Unfortunately she jammed her paw down on my keyboard, and triggered an event which caused my monitor screen to turn 180 degrees to the right. So it looks like the monitor is lying on it's right side.

I thought hey, I'm reasonably good at troubleshooting computer problems, but for the life of me I can't figure this one out. Any help would be much appreciated. [Smile]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I apparently join you in that subset of humanity that is less tech savvy than your dog.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Fitz, do you know if your video card NVidia based? I would guess it is.

Right click on your desktop, click properties, click settings, click advanced, click the tab with the name of your video card and the nvidia icon, on the left hand side, there are a couple different options, one of those will bring up a page which has to do with rotation.

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a WinXP system, right? A friend and I noticed this behavior (it's only in XP, and it's a presentation "feature").

Hit ctrl-alt-[Up Arrow]

BTW, if it is turned to the right, that's only 90 degrees. [Razz]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Zevlag, but on this computer I have a built in video card, so I don't have any extra tabs in the advanced settings.

[Hail] Thank you Bokonon! I am in your debt. That's quite a strange feature. Also, thank you for pointing out my angle error. I never was very good at math.

pooka, it's a very smart dog. [Razz]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Bok, that is odd, I have never ran into that. And that key combination doesn't do any rotation for me.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Zev, try ctrl-alt-[Arrow key other than Up].

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I have XP Pro and my screen won't rotate :-(
Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
My screen doesn't rotate, either. Then again, I too have XP Professional.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have regular XP and my screen won't rotate either.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.