FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What power would you want? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What power would you want?
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
The queastion is pretty much just what the title says, what power would you want?

Also, why that power or what you would do with it might make the thread more interesting.

Limit one power at a time, i.e. flight, invisibility, superstrength, etc. it is one power you would have not all the powers of a given character.

• List of obvious choices
  • Flight
  • Invisibility
  • Superstrength
  • superspeed
  • Imortallity
  • Telechenesis
  • Telepathy
Feel free to use those or any others you think of, but one's such as the spirit wave, dragon of the darkness flame, and blades of blood, may require explanation.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

I would want super human speed, I could get all of my homework out of the way in a few minutes, and since I can't drive I need to get around some how.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
How about "Smells Like Peanut Action"?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
*didn't know peanuts got any action and probably wouldn't want to smell it* [Wink]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want one hand to be a bucket, and the other a bullhorn. I know you were expecting me to pick things like guitars and laser guns...
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, what about lazor guns, though?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Moose!!! [Eek!] [Blushing] [Monkeys]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Papa. You could carry me around in one of your hands then. I wouldn't need that stupid monkey anymore.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

I wish there were smilies with super powers, [Blushing] other than the amazing glowing face power of this smilie.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured that if I spelled lazor (in)correctly, everyone would think I was a geek. This way it's just something I knew about. Yeah, that's it.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Flame
Member # 5556

- posted      Profile for Celtic Flame   Email Celtic Flame         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to have the power of foresight. Or maybe some elastic limbs for fighting bad guys.
Posts: 149 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like Solar Power, but during the night I'd have to switch over to HydroElectric.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
The ability to stop time... and control who else is left out of time with me.

oooohh, I could abuse that so well!

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd want the power of flight... and the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away... WITH MIND BULLETS!!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

That's telekinesis, Kyle!

How 'bout the power... to move you?

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
The power to wipe out "Bed-head" in our lifetime.
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

(saxon-san, you are the greatest. <3)

But seriously, my power would be the power to selectively read people's emotions. It would make it a lot easier to interact with people, that's for sure.

Or wings. I've always wanted wings, too.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Immortality.

I'm not gonna be silly when it's obvious this thread will gain me my innermost desires.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

(A secret to be told, a gold chest to be bold, and blasting forth with three-part harmony! Yeow!)
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::raises arms in a "come on, you know you love me way"::

The power of love....

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Undo power would be nice. Maybe a little CTRL+Z action on my wrist for when I really loused things up.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hyperlink objects/text in the offline world for further information or explanation.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ya, who needs to think when all you have to do is find a link.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

.. or Google it. I want a RL Google.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
CTRL+Z

*phew*

Soooooooo, what's a pretty thing like you doing in a dump like this?

CTRL+Z

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Ya, who needs to think when all you have to do is find a link.
*eyebrow raised

Interesting, T. It would never occur to me to use more information in order to think less; rather, the contrary.

Why would that interpretation occur to you?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Simple enough: if anyone ever asked you a question, all you have to know is a web address (or how to find one) and you don't have to come to your own conclusion about the answer.

Of course, thats just me today. I'm sure if you ask me on a more optimistic day I would agree with you. [Smile]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*grin

Fair enough. It still wouldn't occur to me to use a cite rather than thinking, as after all, I've gone through an extensive course of Hatrack training.

Kayla would bury me with evidence to the contrary;
The Rabbit would slowly fillet me with exquisite technical precision;
Tom would turn my whole argument on its head with one sentence;
Irami would outwrite me;
and,

etc. (You all know who you are.)

Anyone with at least a minor via Hatrack should have picked up that simply linking doesn't get points. All it does is open you up to the crossfire.

*tackles (((T. Smith))), who has completed at least a major

[ September 10, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

Anyone with at least a minor via Hatrack should have picked up that simply linking doesn't get points. All it does is open you up to the crossfire.

One of the reasons I love Hatrack. Knowing where the answer is, isn't enough.

Oh, and I dropped out of Hatrack University, but I did pick a few things up.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Hatrack University
Now there's a T-shirt (heh, heh, get it? [Big Grin] ) waiting to happen!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
CT would outskank me. [Frown]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Ah Ralphie, you say that to all the skanky girls. [Smile]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The ability to cause physical pain with a bad pun.

Oh, wait. I have that power.

Never mind.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Humor me, Dan. Try again.
saxon75
Member # 4589

I'm still waiting for the supposedly annual Hatrack U vs. CGNU football game.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Hey. Don't laugh it off, Dan -- tell me what you really want.

[Mad]
[Mad]

[Wink]
[Big Grin]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

It's jest a bboard, after all. You can tell us.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There's something a little funny about this ...
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Invisibility.

Can you say plausible deniability?

As long as it doesn't come with the mandatory insanity thing that Well's included in his book, being invisible would be fun.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(Oh, Dan, I'm so sorry. I was trying to "pun" you -- I hope you didn't take it seriously. Or did I miss a punlob in your reply? In which case, [Blushing] )
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

You sure, Dan?
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
The power to hold conversations with the spirits of the animate and inanimate things around me. Along with that, I want to be exceedingly convincing when talking to spirits. For instance, I want to be able to talk to my door and convince it to unlock for me when I've lost my key. Or I can convince my matress to be nice and soft. I could even convince the air to be a little warmer on a cold day.

I think it would make the world much more hospitable, although a lot more crowded. The last thing I want is a computer who talks back to me when I'm playing Warcraft...

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I like shapeshifting...call me weird.
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
If I had to pick one, it would be eternal youth.

But much more frivolously, I'd want to be able to be invisible and immaterial. TAK's The Girl, The Gold Watch, and Everything power would be similarly cool. Or being able to possess people.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Time travel, but just to correct my own personal, stupid, mistakes like posting on this forum. [Wink]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Telepathy.

Oh to understand the mind of a woman.

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Oh to understand the mind of a republican. [Wink]
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan Hart. [Hat]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Yep. ^_^
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Wheatpuppet, Exactly what I want. I want to be a maker.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.