FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Film Debut

Author Topic: My Film Debut
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone interested, I just got the Head of State DVD. I can't really recommend renting the movie, let alone buying the DVD, but if you do stumble across a copy, I can be found in the scene starting roughly at the 37 minute 58 second mark. There is a crowd scene where I can be seen in a "where's Waldo" kind of way, then a cut to Chris Rock, then a close up of the crowd where I am pretty prominent for all of 1.5 seconds. Let me know if you see it and can guess which one is me. [Big Grin]

Douglas (my ex) is also in it, (prominent in the crowd shot and just the top of his head in the close up)

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
We want screen captures.

And some of us [note: not me] probably
want to edit the aforementioned screen
captures in inappropriate ways.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another reason to avoid that movie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, KarlEd. [Cool]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Neat about the movie. [Smile] Sorry to hear about Douglas. [Frown]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you tell me this after I rented the darn thing!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about renting the movie.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, you're famous! We'll have to rent it just to see [Wink]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
cool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to steal Karl's thunder, but I can also been found in a recent film, I play Danny Ocean in Ocean's 11.

*bows*

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I saw that movie. Danny was hot!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't that recent though, Head of State is. I'm just to lazy to go out and buy a DVD, unless it was the Two Towers extended edition. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You've always been the star of Hatrack, Karl.

(Can I get a laugh-track chorus of "Awwww"s of here, please? Key grip?... Jeez, people, I have to do everything here myself. ::throws headphone set:: )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Cheeto?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone get us some screen captures? I want to see KarlEd!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds Karl*

*wonders how many other jatraqueros are in movies*

My dad and brother were in the opening scene of "Dragonfly" where Kevin Costner is talking on the phone in the airport...but that's about the only reason I'd watch THAT movie again! [Razz]

My dad was also a prominent extra in another movie, but I need someone to help me out: I think it was a Mormon movie, called something like "The Legend II". Has anyone heard of this movie?

*returns thunder back to KarlEd*

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I watched that Dragonfly movie... But I won't again, sorry Zot.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you end up as an extra in a movie? Do you just walk by at the right time or is there some National Registry of Movie Extras(TM)?

I'll go see if the front desk in my residence hall has Head of State. Congrats on making it to the big time! [Razz]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
People watched that movie?
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
...against my will, yes. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got the part as an extra because my friend, who is also in the scene with Douglas and myself, is a professional actor. When he was contacted by his agent about the work as an extra, the agent asked if he had any friends who would be interested in being extras. He called us and we took a day off work to join him.

Since it's unlikely anyone will want to sit through the 37+ minutes of the movie that preceeds my appearance, I will go ahead and disclose that I was cast as a drag-queen in a gay rally scene. I'm the, er, rather voluptuous high-haired red-head just left of center in the close up, and I'm showing more skin as a woman than I normally choose to show as a man when I'm at the beach.

If that doesn't instill nightmares in you, you grew up watching way too many Tales from the Crypt. [Eek!]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man! With a description like that, somebody has to get us some screen captures of our lovely Karla. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
It was free.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so it looks like the photoshopping bit is completely unnecessary -- I mean who could top the undoubtedly lovley Karla?

But, I concur. Screen captures there must be.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.