FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I would like to point something out to Kevin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I would like to point something out to Kevin
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, stop trying to explain your lowbrow thought processes to a clearly morally superior being like tresopax. You aren't even speaking the same language.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, do you want me to give a specific example? Let me know if you do, I'll immediately post it...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
No, actually. That would defeat the purpose of my post, Raia.

But thank you.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
I dig, Ralphie, but only if everyone is actually serious about being over the whole thing now.

[ September 14, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Tresopax ]

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh.

This thread is largely amusing because most of those posting weren't around for Ced's more infamous fun and games.

But Slash - I agree.

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, just checking... Sorry, I was skimming, not reading too carefully...

[Blushing]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Tresopax, we get it. You are better than us, a true model of forgive and forget that we should strive to emulate in our pathetic angry lives.

Now go away.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

C'mon, Slash. There's got to be a nicer way to tell Tres that he's coming across as self-righteous.

Tres - Yes. You're right. Done and done. This thread may have needed it reaffirmed, but after rereading the posts it's clear to me that was made clear from the very beginning. I, personally, don't see why it would be necessary to make a point to censure people who have already offered an olive branch, with a few reasonable stipulations.

[ September 14, 2003, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Toni, nicer ways were tried for at least the first year or two...
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I know. Tres is just, underneath it all, a nice kid. I hate being mean to him. [Frown]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do it for you.

Tresopax

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monteverdi
Member # 2896

- posted      Profile for monteverdi           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow

a landmark hanging post !

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Yeah, Ralphie, you're right.

It just took Monte showing up to remind me how tolerable Tres actually is in comparison.

monteverdi
Member # 2896

- posted      Profile for monteverdi           Edit/Delete Post 
I love you guys in White
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Y a vos en verde.

:yawns:

Is Kevin still doing the same ol' thang? Sheesh... step away for a few months and nothing's changed! [Group Hug]

Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I've started using Hatrack slang in real life, too. When I used the word "squick" to one of my friends, though, her response was, "Did you just say it squicks you out??" [Laugh]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
"squick" is in a homestar cartoon.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, Tresopax, we get it. You are better than us, a true model of forgive and forget that we should strive to emulate in our pathetic angry lives.

Now go away.

Oh, come on Slash. You know it ain't that easy to get rid of me!

[Razz]

quote:
C'mon, Slash. There's got to be a nicer way to tell Tres that he's coming across as self-righteous.
Nah, don't worry. I've done this more than enough to know what sort of fun comments to expect when I give opinions like that.

[ September 15, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Tresopax ]

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Monte:

Pomposity disguised in inscrutability is equally endearing.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.