FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Remember - Ralphie Can Be a Big Goober, Do What You Want To. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Remember - Ralphie Can Be a Big Goober, Do What You Want To.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a *city* in Russia. Sheesh, some people!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no, actually I think it's a province in Russia.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Russia in Europe?
Don't think I'm trying to be stupid (b/c I really am [Wink] )
In my textbook, it lists Russia as an Asian country...
*wistful look in eyes*
but maybe there is a place called Poland, Russia, Asia

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, that just shows how little you know about Poland, that's all!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

kat - "eh" as in "heh", but only the "e" sound is pronounced
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Well, in all seriousness wieczorek, where do you draw the line between Europe and Asia? It's pretty arbitrary. Russia was dominated by the Mongols for hundreds of years, and it could be argued that the way Soviet power was transferred was inhereted from the Mongols, so it all depends on how you look at it.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Kama was from Guam. Isn't that by Poland?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

i think it's on the border between Europe and Asia. In the mountains.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Why is it that whenever anyone mentions Lithuania and someone asks, "Where's that?" they say, "It's by Russia." What about poor little Latvia and Poland?
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Guam is actually a really swanky gated community in Poland, Russia, I believe.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

I see...hmmm...well I was going to say, "See, Russia is the source of all trouble!!" But I would only mean that metaphorically to describe what we were talking about, but if anyone from Russia read this, I might get a bomb dropped on my house.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I know, because I read it on the Internet.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

There is a Poland, Russia? Yes, well, I suppose there might be.

Delhi, Ohio

Delhi, India

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Reliable source. [Smile]
Kama
Member # 3022

At least we can rest assured that no one in Poland is reading this. These people don't know how to use the internet.
Noemon
Member # 1115

No, I was just pulling your leg. Really, Poland is just an area of Epcot center.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Do they speak Spanish and Russian or Spanish and Polish in Guam? [Roll Eyes]

Poland, Epcot. Poland, Russia, Asia. Goodness!!

Yes, the Polish are even wealthier in terms of sending exploding packages to friends, yes?

[ September 16, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Poland is not an area of EPCOT, though that's an easy mistake to make. EPCOT is actually a Poland-simulator; the letters in the acronym stand for Experimental Polish Community Of Tomorrow.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

sax, I didn't take Noemon seriously anywho. We were just joking. But seriously, though. Poland is in Asia. [Wink]
Kama
Member # 3022

Okay, so can anyone please finally explain where Poland is?!?

I'm confused!!!!

[Wall Bash] [Confused] [Cry]

MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
wick...no fair putting the phrase "but seriously" in the same sentence as that little winky smilie. (No onanism references, please.)
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

lol Kama. Here ya go:
Poland, Indiana
Poland, Maine
Poland, NY
Poland, Lousiana
Poland, ND
Poland, Wisconsin
and...
Poland, Europe!! So, being as Russia is in Asia ... Poland isn't in Russia!!
here's a list of Polands:
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll
[Smile]

*edit-smiley was in way of URL

[ September 16, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Poland is actually just a state of mind.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a Poland state of mind.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

I don't disagree with you, Noemon...hmmm...I feel an onanism coming on...
wieczorek
Member # 5565

All that blab about Indiana and NY, it's aaallll in my head. [Big Grin]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Whoa. When you feel an onanism coming on, you inform an entire bulletin board?

That's very Polish of you.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Polishing what?
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Wait, Ralphie, you live in Poland, right? Poland, Oregon?

Oh, and wieczorek, thanks for giving me the heads-up. I swear, if it weren't for people like you, I'd never know what was a joke and what was real.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Man, saxon. You're so dense.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Thanks for rubbing it in, you heartless beach.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
you heartless beach.
this has to be the best insult i've heard today. and maybe the whole week.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

It rhymes with leech!
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
When I get out of the voting booth i get sujected to a poland i try to answer their questions
Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
You'd be surprised how many people mistake my jokes for seriousness

maybe because i dont smile enough

Do you think the mean evil wicked sneer on my face has anything to do with it

[Hat]

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

::groans::
wieczorek
Member # 5565

saxon, someone has to keep people like you in line - and apparently I'm not that person [Wink]

I still don't know if anyone has been to Mongolia or not.
[Smile]

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Bored...if anyone cares to know, my AIM is steenmeisje . Yes, it's spelled correctly. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.