FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Home: Hatrack (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Home: Hatrack
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he/she is either a sophmore or a junior in high school. They're either in high school or middle school.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Remember - Ralphie is frequently a big goober.
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL] Sorry Ralphie, I just thought this was funny.

I had this same thing happen with Frisco and Ralphie, except it was far different, I was even more stupid. Anyway, the only thing you can say about Ralphie is, well, she's just Ralphie. You get to recognize her sense of humor eventually, and then she's perfectly likable. [Wink]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Then she's pretty likable?? I think she's just damn skippy, whether or not you figure out her sense of humor. [Razz]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I made that understatement on purpose Kayla. [Razz]

Ralphie is pretty skippy. [Smile]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to see I'm not the only stupid one here [Big Grin]

That reminds me of philosophy club (alot of good it's done for anyone ). This boy (whose name is Nick) was describing a fetus as a parasite (meaning that a parasite lives off of another creature, the mother in the case of pregancy being the host). When you said "skippy" it reminded me of "trippy". That was someone's remark about that statement of Nick's. I've only heard "trippy" a choice few times, it's rather funny.

*edited : re-wording attempt at making meaning clearer

[ September 16, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Hearing that somebody named Nick has that opinion of a fetus and a mother almost makes me ashamed to have the name Nick.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
Then she's pretty likable
Oh, and I didn't say pretty, I said perfectly Kayla. [Razz]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(noogies weiz)

Hang around, kid, we like ya. I also like having someone newer than me about to noogie.

(noogies weiz again)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

*noogies Ryuko*
*runs*
[Laugh] [Taunt]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Wahhh! Darn older members!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

I'm not THAT older. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, Nick, don't get too bent out of shape. As someone who has been pregnant, and studied/taught biology, I agree with the "parasite" theory. [Big Grin] Actually, I made jokes about it all the time.

And such cute little parasites they turned out to be! [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

oh... I get that I guess. I just never thought of speaking of a human being as a parasite before.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan calls me a leech. But that's not the same thing, is it.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

[Laugh] Ralphie
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, maybe it was something sounded like leech... [Razz]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
::delivers Quivering Fist of Death to Nick::

Stop picking on my disciple.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Take that. My sensei beat you.. [Taunt]
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Speaking of oriental arts and what not, has anyone ever been to Mongolia?
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I've been to a Mongolian Barbecue restaurant. Does that count?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate those places! Raw meat everywhere! Ugh!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I know Queen Amidala's outfits in Episode One were based on Mongolian fashions. Does that count?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

lol- saxon, (did I get it right this time? [Wink] ) I was asking because I have a friend from Mongolia and she was saying that her family is thinking about going back. I was just wondering what it was like there.

Ofcourse, I could look it up, but it's usually better to ask someone who's actually been there. [Smile] I could ask my friend, but I don't think it's a good idea

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Mongolia is next to Guam, right?
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

Sure it does, katharina [Wink]

Raw meat? ... like a butcher shop? ...

wieczorek
Member # 5565

Sure...that is if you're talking about Guam, Poland
saxon75
Member # 4589

Good job, wieczorek.

The raw meat at a Mongolian Barbecue is typically frozen and is always very thinly sliced. You go in and grab a bowl or two, put in your choice of meat, vegetables and seasonings, and then watch as they dump it on a big round metal thing and cook it. The food is always very tasty, but if it's not an all-you-can-eat place, it's not really worth the money and waiting (there's always a long line).

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.