FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Desktop art exchange (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Desktop art exchange
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister has been obsessed with making wallpapers and experimenting with photo shop. She's gotten quite good at it actually and intends to go into graphic editing etc. I thought I'd show off some of her stuff to you guys in hopes that anyone else might show off their stuff.

Orlando Bloom
Orlando Bloom again
Hugh Jackman
Spiderman
Lord of the Rings-Aragorn
LotR- bad guys (or temp bad guys)

Yeah, you can probably sense a pattern here. [Smile] She doesn't understand why I'm starting a thread to post her stuff...but I figure it will get the rest of you to share your stuff with us...and shameless *sistah* promotion!!!

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
I have made a couple of desktop pictures using bryce. This is some of them but not all of them.

kind of a wizard of oz theme...

still learning

still learning, but with a surprise!

Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
cyruseh

I couldn't get those links you posted to open to images for me.

Cecily -- your sister's work is awesome!

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
cut and paste. Tripod doesn't allow direct linking.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't cut and paste! It goes by too fast and then it changes to http://cyruseh1.tripod.com/adm/interstitial/remote.jpg !
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to cut and paste it by right-clicking on the link and choosing "properties" and then highlighted and copied the target address from there.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
i forgot about that... Ill try and make it easier when i get a little time.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Kamiya Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin anime series.

She was on my desktop for the last four years, until I recently changed my photo to a slug [Big Grin] . I might change it back to Kaoru soon, or switch between the two.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks farmgirl! That worked. [Smile]

I like the surprise cyruseh. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hugh Jackman one nearly made me drop my bottle of water. Holy crumb.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

I know. He's her current obsession right now. (The fact that he's gorgeous and can ALSO sing and dance makes us melt.) [Smile]

Farmgirl-Thanks!! I'll tell her.

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

cyruseh, I liked yours. That third one was a fun surprise!! [Wink] Suneum, that one was really nice. Did you do that one yourself?
zip
Member # 4710

- posted      Profile for zip   Email zip         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't got an artistic bone in my body (only one like that in my family, its not fair) but i have been messing around writing a screensaver that is kind of fun. You can see a picture of it here (see what i mean about no artistic talent). The two teams play a game kind of like hockey against each other. They slam into each other and bounce off walls, its kind of fun to watch. Anyway if anyone wants to try it the install file is here . After you run the installer just right click on the desktop, hit properties, hit screensaver and select alfhoc.
Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

zip, that is cool. I liked it!!

Here are a couple more of my sister's that I missed.

More Hugh Jackman
Viggo Mortensen
One more Orlando Bloom

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Fabulous stuff!

I think I shall have to cycle through the Orlando desktops every couple weeks. [Smile]

On my serious computer (my design laptop), this is my current desktop. Very impressive when you whip it out in class. And no icons to distract! Beautiful, beautiful.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Found it online my freshman year. I'm not even positive it comes from the series, it might be a fan drawing.

Here is the slug that currently sits upon my desktop. Mike owns the arm and hand. We found it one morning at the circus skills workshop we attended last month.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

Suneum, that is so cool!! [Big Grin] I admit, I was taken aback at first, but it's such a beautiful photo. All the light and clear colors.

At the risk of sounding uneducated and uncultured, where is that cool hall on your desktop Annie?

[ September 18, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Cecily ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
One of Chaeron's pics graces my screen right now.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

The Great Mosque of Cordoba, Spain. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
RESSURECTION!!!

My Background for Now

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, that's cool! This one of Chaeron's pics is currently on mine! [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

This is my current desktop. I think you'll like it, Cecily. (you have to click on "open bigger image")

[ October 06, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Annie ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
katharina, he's very witty and intelligent, per the interviews.

And he adores his wife, who is an older woman.

And I thought you wrote that "he almost made me drop my crumb," which is in itself hilarious.

Yeah, I pretty nearly dropped my crumb, too. [Big Grin]

(It sounds deliciously naughty, but it's completely innocent when parsed. Nice!)

[Edit: I am trying to be very scrupulous about not being a bad influence, as a gentle and indirect nudge not too long ago made me more conscious of my possible impact on the younger'uns. I won't say who, but you know who you are, and thank you. [Smile] I think, though, that "crumb-dropping" should be innocent enough. Please do let me know if it still seems inappropriate.]

[ October 06, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, that's MY current desktop too!! I got it from the cutest most hilarious friend of mine... [Smile]

CT, I love you. And it took me a minute to even GET that you could possibly be naughty with that phrase. [Big Grin]

btw, thanks for resurrecting this thread Ryuko. Nobody posts much on Cecily's threads, so I'm sure she'll be happy. She's such a dweeb!

[ October 06, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
(If Nick is reading this: Put on your Sarcasm Analyzer)

( /Start Sarcasm)
Ooh! Ooh! My turn to show off.
( /End Sarcasm)

All of these have been my desktop background of late - usually my desktop lasts a month at most before I've got somehting else to switch it up with.

Abstract Desktop Done in Bryce 5

Abstract Ice The same scene, with some texture/lighting differences.

Lighthouse Done in Bryce 3D before I left on my mission - I might go back and fix it up one of these days.

A Mech for Nick I finished this a few days ago for a friend in Ontario. Done in Bryce 5.

Shwartz This was my first desktop when I bought my new computer. It's not really an attempt at Schwartz, that's just the only thing this raytracing reminds me of.

And that's just scratching the surface. If any of you foool around in Bryce (like you, cyruseh!) and want the source files, let me know on this post or email me and I'll send them to you or dump them on my ftp. I can convert Bryce 5 files to Bryce 3 files if needed.

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I can be so silly.

Narnia darling, I must warn you: when I get really excited about things I tend to share them with my friends. Repeadtedly. Without remembering I've done it. Just be forewarned for when I tell the same hilarious story to you four nights in a row. [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Dearheart(Annie), I hope you didn't detect sarcasm in MY post...because there wasn't any. I LOVE hearing all of your stories and seeing all of your desktops as many times as you want to show them to me. Really. ::serious face::

So no worries or apologies!! [Big Grin] [Kiss]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Wonderdog, I liked those. The lighthouse one is definitely cool.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*melts at hot guy pictures*
What program did she use to make those pictures? That's awesome! I have paint shop pro7, but I don't know how to do that kinda stuff.

This is my current awesome desktop
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030904.html

I used to have Gollum as my background, but I'd forget and it'd scare me.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

My current desktop is...

oh wait, that would spoil the Photoshop Phriday surprise.

Narnia
Member # 1071

She used photoshop. She's turning into a whiz kid with that program and she makes her own ecards and everything. She's quite handy to have around and funny to boot! [Wink] (My sister, for those of you that were wondering)
kwsni
Member # 1831

This is my desktop at the moment.
[Big Grin]

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
This is an old screen-shot, but I'm still using the same background. [Smile]

[Party]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

kwsni, I hate you. [Wink]
kwsni
Member # 1831

I've gotten a lot of that lately.

Ni!

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize the program was actually called "photoshop"
*blushes*
Yeah, I'm slow like that....

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

More from my sister. These were done for a guy friend of hers at special request.
Jeri Ryan for you Star Trek geeks

Liv Tyler in blue

Liv in Red

fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
narnia, your sister and the talented people like her are the reason i have a degree in journalism and work in a hospital. very impressed with everyone, though. i wish i could think outside the box better. but just in case anyone wants to send a sympathetic pat on the back my way, i'll put my website in my profile. (for reference, i am a budding photographer with a plan for the distant future, and it still doesn't really have anything to do with journalism.)

i hope this thread keeps going. i'd like to see more of what it looks like outside that box.

(btw again, forgive me if my "stuff" doesn't belong here. i haven't had a chance to venture beyond simple photography.)

[ October 16, 2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*pat pat*

Please post some though. Hey, I know!! Let's start a kick trash photography thread!!

fiazko, you're a genius!! [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Here is my current desktop. No Annie, I'm not obsessed. o_0 [Wink]

This is my favorite screen shot so far...

[ October 16, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Annie
Member # 295

Those are absolutely dreamy, Narnia.

And I'm so excited to meet your sister and talk about photoshop! Yay! [Razz]

Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
*ahem* Yes she is obsessed. I look forward to meeting you as well Annie and discussing Photoshop! Narnia has already told me bunches about you [Smile]
Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

K. this one is definitely a winner...it's for the matrix fans:

Persephone aka Monica Belucci

Annie
Member # 295

I think she looks a lot like me.
Narnia
Member # 1071

Annie, didn't you know that Monica Belucci is Ralphie in disguise? [Wink] Really! She is!!
Annie
Member # 295

Good disguise!

(ooooh...)

Narnia
Member # 1071

New one!! Hugh Jackman. Man, he's one fine specimen. [Big Grin]
Annie
Member # 295

Ooh... that is a wicked awesome font you used, Cecily's sister. [Smile] I can't figure out if it's quasi-greek or quasi-mathematical. (Well, it is all Greek to me....)
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
lol (this would be Cecily's sister) It's actually called achillies. I really like the font.

I just can't help myself though. I found these new shots of Hugh and they were screaming to be photoshoped and put on my desktop so here we go... (and Narnia won't let me go without saying that she helped me decide the design so...she did) Fun Hugh

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bumpity bump*

So here is Abrynne's latest kick trash desktop. She made it just for me because she was sick of my badly made Nicholas Nickleby desktop that I've had up forever.

It's cheesy, it's cute, and it's all mine!!! [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.