FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » berry bagel mystery solved. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: berry bagel mystery solved.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Because EVERY TIME I go to Dunkin' Donuts, they're out of blueberry AND berry-berry.

With wierd ones left. Piles of them. Salsa (in the MORNING?) Garlic. Sourdough. Salt? Plain. Wheat. Sometimes there's cinnamon raisin.

All I wanted was a damn berry-type bagel.

No matter what time I go in the morning, there AREN'T ANY.

Are they not making them?

Do they never make enough?

[Mad]

Just puts a damper on the whole day. I don't even GET bagels very often. Today was a reward because I found out the rash wasn't caused by the lamictal...meaning I don't have to go off a med that seems to be stabilizing me.

Though the want of berry bagels might cause my demise.

[ September 24, 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: mackillian ]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Berry bagels are an abomination. Be glad that others will suffer the repercussions of consuming them.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
At my house, they end up in the same place that everything else we eat ends up...
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Judging by what foods come by my clinic most often, the berry bagels are probably all being snatched up by drug reps and taken to doctors' offices.

*Looks at big abandoned pile of berry bagels*

Want one of these? [Smile]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone ever use fruit flavored cream-cheese on their bagels? [Mad] It's repulsive
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would anyone order a bagel from Dunkin' Donuts, particularly if they want a berry flavor of some kind? Dunkin' Donuts makes a FANTASTIC blueberry cake donut.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom--'cause then I'd be hungry an hour later. [Wink]

Though I was eyeing the donuts. *drool* mmm...donut...

As for drug reps...*kicks them*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
mack,
Come to West Point, the commissary seems to ONLY have blueberry bagels. And poppy seed. I want an everything bagel! waaaaah!

PS--I'm serious, come to West Point. I have taken more pictures of hottie cadets [Wink]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

jexx, I actually want to come down and visit in october. What I can do is drive down after my saturday morning class and stay sunday and monday and drive back tuesday.

What do you think?

Let me know what days would be good. [Smile]

I need warning so that I can get the vacation time.

I'd need to request...SOON. o_O

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The best cadet isn't there anymore. *sends out an amiable vibe, hopes it lands*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
jexx, are you a cadet at west point? do you know jeremy stache?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Now I'm off to do work OUTSIDE my office.

Mmm...sun.

And thanks Tom. Now I want a donut. *glare*

jexx
Member # 3450

I'm not a cadet, neither do I play one on tv. [Wink]

I work at the cadet bookstore at West Point, and my hubbie is stationed here (he's a Sgt. in the Army).

mack, I'm going to have to talk to the mister about when would be a good time. I'll let you know as soon as possible! Tres exciting!

I don't know a Jeremy Stache, but now I'm going to be checking nametags all day tomorrow looking for him. *snicker*

kat, I didn't know "amiable", did I?
What year did s/he graduate?

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, someone from my high school is going to West Point.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Fwa' Bwoobewwy ba'els? I i'in't eat 'em.

[ September 17, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: jebus202 ]

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*drools*
mmmmm....donuts....
*leaves for Dunkin' Donuts*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, at least you've got a Dunkin Donuts to go to. The closest one to me is over 20 miles away. [Frown]
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I have six in a five mile radius. [Wink]
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, now you're just asking for it...

[Group Hug]

Not what you were expecting, huh? Mwahahahaha! [Evil]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

AUGH!!!

--I--

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Mack, see if you can find an Einstein Bagels. They're yummy and always have plenty of fruit type bagels. Of course they also have icky weirdo ones like asiago cheese and I'm surprised you got ANY sympathy from Tom because he only eats onion bagels *shudder*
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

They had plenty of onion bagels.

Want me to send some to Tom?

If he'll trade me some berry ones.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm. . . onion bagels and cream cheese.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Cinnamon raisin AGAIN. [Mad]

And I went to three different Dunkins. [Wall Bash]

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
The best bagels I've ever had are from panera bread, the cinnamon crunch ones. I heat them up in the microwave, and smother them with butter, and they taste like cinnamon rolls, only better.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Four thirty
Member # 5639

- posted      Profile for Four thirty           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Of course they also have icky weirdo ones like asiago cheese
Are you KIDDING??? Asiago cheese bagels are the very best. They are especially good with savory cream cheese, sliced tomatoes and green onions. And they make the very best sandwiches.

I much prefer savory bagels to sweet ones.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm... there's nothing like a good salt bagel with cream cheese. I'm not a fan of berry bagels myself... so you can't blame me for being the one who ate them! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

But I can still BLAME you. [Wink]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-I'm serious, come to West Point. I have taken more pictures of hottie cadets
I saw the west Point crew team deploy one morning. It was the first time in my life I felt like a leering, lustful old lady.

I like sundried tomato bagels, but they are getting rarer. I think half the country woke up one morning and said why did I ever think that was a good idea?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

quote:
It was the first time in my life I felt like a leering, lustful old lady.

And now I feel like that Every Day. *sigh* I have to work with these people! The scenery doesn't suck, though, I'll tell ya! [Wink] Plus, they are genuinely good kids, for the most part, and that is frelling attractive.

Sundried tomatoes: I never got the attraction to those. Blecch.

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O

Zal, when I saw the title of the thread, I clicked on it, fully intending to post "Berry bagels are an abomination."

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Screw you both.

I JUST WANT A BLUEBERRY BAGEL! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!? [Cry]

aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Just buy it the day before; as in hand over the cash. Most folk behind the counter are more than willing to favor regular customers.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

I suppose that if you are bent on this path of a destruction, I could contact the Dunkin Donuts gods and suggest they interfere with the infidels who keep buying up the blueberry bagels before you get there.

Or you could just get up earlier in the morning.

----
I am somewhat embarrassed by the fact that I know the Dunkin Donuts gods. It's a long story, but it has to do with the unfortunate fact that my followers soaked up too much of the Slavic and Austro-Hungarian influences and began to turn more and more to fried foods which led to this really strange convention for minor deities that I attended a few years ago [I presented on the subject of schnitzel as burnt offerings] --- oh, and, yeah, I'm sorry about the whole fried twinkie thing. I was just joking around, but those damm anglo-saxon cuisine gods [boy are they oxymoronic in just about every way possible] take everything so seriously.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Four thirty
Member # 5639

I have no access to dunkin donuts (tant pis), but the local safeway here usually has a good selection of baked goods. But lately, they have not had ANY muffins. At all. What's the deal with that. Anyway? [Dont Know] So this morning, I got an asiago cheese bagel (mmmmmmm) and some smoked salmon cream cheese spread, but all I REALLY wanted was a cranberry orange muffin. Is that too much to ask? Apparently. [Cry]
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Four thirty
Member # 5639

And just how many times do I have to post before that annoying "new member" title goes away???? [Razz]
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Four times forty times.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Berry bagels are an abomination. Be glad that others will suffer the repercussions of consuming them.
Agrees with Zal and Icky. To me, there is something just unnatural about a berry bagel. [Razz]

Give me a garlic, onion or poppyseed bagel with chive cheese any day. Yum!!!

As for donuts, I love a good old fashioned, cake-type "Dunkin Donut" with my coffee - none of that glaze, sugar-coating or filling. [Big Grin]

**Ela**

[ September 19, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
And just how many times do I have to post before that annoying "new member" title goes away????
Once more.

Welcome, by the way!

[Smile]

The first thread I ever started was to ask the same question. At least you didn't ask the n00b question quite as publicly as I did! [Big Grin]

I hope you enjoy Hatrack as much as I have! [Smile]

-o-

Now, to derail this topic: Dunkin Donuts (and virtually all grocery store donuts) make me nauseated. Note that I'm not making a comment on preference or tastes. I mean they literally nauseate me. [Frown]

The only donuts that don't are Krispy Kreme. [Big Grin]

[ September 19, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mainstream
Member # 5693

- posted      Profile for Mainstream   Email Mainstream         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, there's a new DD that went up by me that's a drive thru. Best of all, it's connected to the ice cream store. Sorry guys. [Taunt]
Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

We have two of those here.

Next.

jexx
Member # 3450

Aaaaarrrrr...methinks the Wretched Captain Mack is a braggart and should be hung from the yarrrdarrrm...arrrrrr....

*Bluidy Jen Crackknife*

mackillian
Member # 586

Pffft.

I'd like to see you try.

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmmmm....Krispy Kremes are the only glazed donuts I like. [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, Ic. I can't eat anything but Krispy Kremes... Any other doughnuts taste like ring-shaped lard...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Um, Ryuko...That's what they ARE. [Wink]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooohhhh.... Well that explains it, then. [Razz]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

But see, I'm not talking about taste. Although in fact I do prefer Krispy Kreme's taste--then again, I guess it's normal to prefer the taste of the brand that doesn't nauseate you--it's the fact that Dunkin Donuts physically make me sick. Even the flavors that I like, like maple, chocolate cream, chocolate glazed . . . (And yes, every once in a long while I can't help myself and I try Dunkin Donuts again to see if they still nauseate me. Stupid, I know.)

It's a yeast thing. They're too yeasty.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I much prefer savory bagels to sweet ones.
*high fives* Me too!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.