FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Deep Thoughts

Author Topic: Deep Thoughts
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

Why are you IN a movie, but your ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

and finally...

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. No. Because.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Can you cry under water? EVER CRIED IN THE SHOWER?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? IT'S A FISCAL CONSIDERATION.

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches? PAPER PRODUCTS, M'DEAR . . .

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round? OBVIUOSLY, YOU ARE CONFUSED IN THE STORES - YOU MUST BUY SIMILAR SHAPES - I.E., ROUND BREAD, ROUND SANDWHICH MEAT. SQUARE BREAD, SQUARE MEAT. GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"...but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to? IT COSTS TO ASK TO BE HEARD WHEREAS BEING ASKED IMPLIES PROVIDING A SERVICE THAT POTENTIALLY IS WORTH MONEY. SAVE THE PENNY. THEY ADD UP.

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity? ABSOLUTELY, WHICH IS WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GO FOR CREMATION. FLAMETHROWING IS ALWAYS GLAMOROUS.

Why does a round pizza come in a square box? WHY DO SQUARE PEGS TRY TO FIT IN ROUND HOLES?

What did cured ham actually have? EWWWWW - ICKY. NOT A NICE QUESTION. ACTUALLY, GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF ANTIBIOTICS THEY PUMP INTO MOST MEAT, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY DREADED DISEASE AT ALL.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? NOTICE - PUT "MAN" ON THE MOON. WHO CARES ABOUT WHEELING LUGGAGE AROUND? YEP - "WOMEN"

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours? WISHFUL SLEEPING.

Why are you IN a movie, but your ON TV? TOUGH ONE. TV IS BROUGH "IN" YOUR HOUSE, WHEREAS YOU GO OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOUSE TO SEE SOMEONE ACT "IN" A MOVIE AT THE THEATRE.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground? LOOSE CHANGE, BABY - THEY HAVEN'T LEARNED TO SAVE THOSE PENNIES YET.

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America? AND WICH ROLE HAS MORE PUBLIC APPEAL? COME ON - BE HONEST NOW.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call? HE/SHE DOESN'T. THEY OUGHT TO BE ATTACHED TO ONE OF THOSE DEVICES ADVERTISED YEARS AGO - REMEMBER THE "HELP ME, I'M FALLING AND CAN'T GET UP" DEVICES . . . (EVIL, I KNOW)

and finally...

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural? BRA IS MERELY SHORT FOR BRASSIERE WHEREAS PANTIES ARE SLANG FOR SHORT PANTS. YOU HAVE TWO LEGS THAT CAN MOVE INDEPENDENTLY, HOWEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE COULD MAKE THEIR BREASTS MOVE INDEPENDENTLY, HENCE THE SINGULARITY OF THE EXRESSION.

[Taunt]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mad Cap'n Morbo
Member # 5635

- posted      Profile for Mad Cap'n Morbo   Email Mad Cap'n Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
HOWEVER, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE COULD MAKE THEIR BREASTS MOVE INDEPENDENTLY, HENCE THE SINGULARITY OF THE EXRESSION
Arrrr! You've never seen the more talented strippers that can twirl pasties in opposite directions.

But your other answers caused a sozzled old sod like me to laugh heartily, so good for you.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
So that it won't roll away if the pizza delivery guy drops it on its side.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen a stripper at all . . . [Eek!]

I bow to your superior knowlegde, mate!

[ROFL]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Because no one would ever vote for Mr. Montana.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage? NOTICE - PUT "MAN" ON THE MOON. WHO CARES ABOUT WHEELING LUGGAGE AROUND? YEP - "WOMEN
I have to disagree with that ! Since when do women carry their own luggage ?! Believe me, most of them don't. This summer I carried luggage for:

- a girl who's the friend of a friend of mine (also a girl); they're both "Laura", so putting in the names wouldn't help [Wink] Notice she came with her boyfriend, but he had his own luggage to care about

- my "cousine" who came to France for a month and had luggage for a lifetime
:: exaggerating, but otherwise it wouldn't be funny [Big Grin] ::
she also came with another girl, but lucky me, that one has her own cousin in Lyon !!!

- well, another friend who had to move twice (only helped her once, though, last time she used a caddy)

- four girls coming from a training period and going home; I was also helped by two other guys...

- my girlfriend, when she came back to France; her, again, when she moved back in her room in the campus

I didn't quite mind, though (certainly NOT when helping my girlfriend), because most of the time the luggage had WHEELS ! I wonder how they managed to carry them BW ?! (BW - Before Wheels)

So you see, Shan, at least one of Kayla's questions remains a mistery...

quote:
In Romania we get to choose from more for President, and it still doesn't help; their number doesn't count, there has to be at least ONE GOOD CHOICE ! And it's easier to find a candidate who meets the criterions for Miss America than one for the President.
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you feel the need to carry their luggage, because I sure carry (or pull) my own luggage!

[Razz]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merle Corey
Member # 5707

- posted      Profile for Merle Corey   Email Merle Corey         Edit/Delete Post 
<waves at Corwin>

Hello and Goodbye, as always...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Teshi, I'm glad you can carry your own luggage... One less for me [Wink]
But what you really must understand is that I'm talking about Romanian girls, who came to France, and have to move from one place to another together with the stuff they "need" for one or two months. And, well, yeah, I might have a crush on carrying... :: pondering :: Thanks, without you I would have never discovered it ! [Big Grin]

Hello, Merle
[Wave]
Long time no see, son [Wink] By the way, thanks for saving me that last time...
And goodbye, as always...

[Edit: How come Kayla never dropped by after her first post ?]

[ September 20, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
It takes a big man to cry....it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man...

If you fall out of an airplane without a parachute, you should go limp, like a dummy, so that someone tries to catch you. I mean hy, free dummy...

~D~

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.