FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Darwinian Pop Quiz

Author Topic: Darwinian Pop Quiz
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
This is something my friend came up with that I just had to post.

Question 1: Is mixing drugs and alcohol OK?

[ ] A. Yes, I will prove the point by doing just that.
[ ] B. No. That would kill me.

Question 2: Hey, let's pour a full can of petrol onto a bonfire!

[ ] A. Cool!
[ ] B. Nah, third degree burns aren't my kind of thing.

Question 3: I just got a new cup made of radium! You should get one too! They're much stronger than a normal cup, and I hear they increase size!

[ ] A. Awesome. I could really use some in the size department if I wanna get a girl to have kids with!
[ ] B. No, no thanks. I wear briefs, my sperm count can't handle another hit.

Question 4: We're late for hunting. We can't go back for those orange vests! C'mon!

[ ] A. Oh, fine, as long as we're not late to kill some animals!
[ ] B. On second thought, I think the deer will be there all day.

Each question counts for 100% on the quiz. I hope you don't miss any!

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien
Member # 5611

- posted      Profile for Damien   Email Damien         Edit/Delete Post 
*loses*

~D~

Posts: 677 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They're much stronger than a normal cup, and I hear they increase size!
What object's size do they increase?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

Scott, you'll have to ask my friend. I didn't get that one.

I asked him and he says to tell you, "let's just say the 23 inch baby won't be needing his size increased."

[ September 21, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the cup being mentioned is an athletic cup. Ladies, I assume you know what that is?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
I've answered A to question 1 a few times and I'm still alive. So [Razz] to that.
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I have already lost two of them, and if I hunted I would lose a third.
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Question 2: Hey, let's pour a full can of petrol onto a bonfire!

[ ] A. Cool!
[ ] B. Nah, third degree burns aren't my kind of thing.

Ummm.... this question would preclude 80% of all men out there from moving up the evolutionary ladder. [Smile]

I, for one, have done this plenty of times.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Radium is hugely radioactive. So the tumors would be increasing in size and not a whole lot else. Looks like you're all dead except me and my chemist buddiest!

So it looks like the geeks SHALL inherit the Earth [Smile]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So...

Are there sheep?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
This would explain why the dating pool is so shallow these days...
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

quote:
geeks SHALL inherit the Earth
I doubt it. The radiation you've absorbed through years of watching X-Files and playing Starcraft has rendered us geeks sterile (and unattractive!). [Big Grin]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Speak for yourself, boyo.
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

:sigh: Yeah, actually I am. ::slinks off to bask in the warm glow of his television:: [Wink]
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
That quiz reminds me of the infamous Darwin Awards. My pick for winners are the doomed accident investigators in "Sizzling Scaffolding."
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

I can think of a few more. And EG, like you I've answered A. to some of these and haven't failed the quiz yet. I think the teacher must have given us bonus points or something to make up, though for what, I can't imagine!

Question 5: Hey, why don't we see if we can go all the way down this extremely steep hill without putting on the brakes?

[ ] A. Yeah! That sounds like great fun!
[ ] B. Um, just drop me off at the top with the cell phone, so I can call 911 for you guys.

Question 6: If you mix oxygen and acetylene in a big weather balloon and set it off with a fuse, it will just make a big whooshing noise and not a big explosion since it's not contained.

[ ] A. Oh, I believe you! Let's try that!
[ ] B. Man, you're nuts! It will make a HUGE explosion because the oxygen is already mixed in with the fuel. The burn rate will be nearly instantaneous.

Question 7: Homemade firecrackers are more fun. If we put black powder into a PVC pipe with caps on both ends and drill a small hole for a fuse, and set it off, will YOU be the one to light the fuse?

[ ] A. Sure! That sounds cool!
[ ] B. Um, maybe we should test the burn rate of the fuse first, and do we have any idea how big of a blast this will make? How far back should we get? Oops, I've got to go now guys! Y'all have fun!

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ana, I'll do number 7 if you drill the hole after the gunpowder's been put inside the tube.

Next Question:

8: I hate traffic jams. Hey, that lane is moving faster. I can

[A] Squeeze in between that Tanker truck and the onrushing Semi.
[B] Pull over at the next exit and hit the bookstore until traffic dies down.

9: Beef and Bean Burrittos:
[A] All the nutrition you will ever need in one small package.
[B] Fat and Heart Attack to go.

10: Uncle Husseins Iraqi De-Liberation Army wants You:
[A] Join and become a member of this new and exciting world order.
[B] Run away lest you get caught up in the cross fire when the rangers drop into the recruiting booth.

[ September 22, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I have also done numbers 5 and 7. [Smile]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Number 6 was referred to as "the disappearing cup trick" at Praxair's combustion research lab.

So all us combustion types fail. This also goes to Dave Barry's article on preparing charcoal for a barbeque.

"Do not attempt this unless you meet all of the following requirements:

1. You are an idiot"

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Question 11: Your Pop-tart is stuck in the toaster.

[]A: Quick! Get the fork and root that sucker outta there so you can burn the roof of your mouth on that fruity goo in the middle of the tart!

[]B: Just leave it. Breakfast is overrated.

Question 12: You're in a horror movie and you hear a strange noise coming from the other room. Do you...

[]A: Volunteer yourself to go "check it out."

[]B: Send in one of the minor characters. Like the stupid jock.

Question 13: You are one of 30 ninjas sent by your evil warlord to ambush and kill Bruce Lee's character. Will you...

[]A: Wait your turn like everybody else.

[]B: Bring a firearm. Use it.

Question 14: You just received your ACME Jet Propulsion pack and roller skates in the mail, so...

[]A: Grab the knife and fork and suit up!

[]B: Stop chasing that stupid roadrunner. They probably aren't very tasty anyway.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.