FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Emmy wins that I really like

Author Topic: Emmy wins that I really like
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoilers, if it hasn't aired where you are yet, don't read this.

Aaron Sorkin winning after getting canned was sweet.

Tony Shalhoub winning after some of the people I told it was a funny show gave me funny looks (though they later said that after a couple of episodes, they, too, enjoyed it.)

Taken winning for best mini-series, which I recently said here was worth watching, if only to see Dakota Fleming near the end.

Door To Door for made for TV movie, along with William H. Macy for actor and writer (along with Steven Schachter.)

I also enjoyed it when Joe Pantoliano won and Michael Chiklis said, "My friend, Joey Pants." My husband makes fun of me every time The Handler commercial comes on, saying "Joey Pants!" Man, I accidentally call him Joey Pants one time and the dork has never let me live it down. So, it was kinda sweet to see someone else call him that. I think my husband thought I was nuts, but. . . well, okay, he may have a point, but I'm not the only one that calls him Joey Pants.

[ September 21, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing Jon Stewart win the Emmy made my day. I love his show. When I get home at 11:00 each week day, I always have his show on.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
You get home at 11 T? [Eek!]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

On weekdays, when I'm working (and if I'm lucky) then yes. Sometimes, not until 11:30. And here I am trying to post slut and get to my landmark. I have a couple of impatient people waiting for this one, since this one is going to be a bit of an innovative landmark.

Crap, now I'm distracting.

Um...

Ya, how about that Brad Garret?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, everybody in Hatrack seems to have the worst hours at work. I work like 3:30am-2:00pm. I feel your pain T. [Wink]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I was pleased with Tony Shaloub too...

and I do love Debra Messing.

I also thought that Martin Short's tribute to the losers was rather funny. [Smile]

[ September 22, 2003, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
We've been waiting for evah!

*glances at T*

*taps foot*

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wanda Sykes: "They say theres no such thing as a loser. Well, look around you. (points to people as she walks around) Theres a loser, theres a loser, and theres another loser." That made me smile, and Martin Shorts tribute was funny also.

celia, I'm postslutting as fast as my body will allow me.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.