FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Principal's Office (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hatrack Principal's Office
The Principal
Member # 5721

- posted      Profile for The Principal           Edit/Delete Post 
*opens desk drawer*

*tosses Flunky a bag of tootsie rolls*

Have you ever considered a career in racketeering?

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Government Flunky
Member # 5727

- posted      Profile for Government Flunky           Edit/Delete Post 
Flunky sits back in a chair and meditatively unrolls a tootsie roll.

Raising an eyebrow, he casually comments, "I thought that was your line of work, Mr. Principal?"

Pops the tootsie roll in his mouth and chews ruminatively.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

Actually, I never learned to play tennis or squash.

My career is really in Graft. It's so much easier.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Government Flunky
Member # 5727

*chokes, coughs, gags*

"I would never have thought . . . "

Unwraps another tootsie roll, pops it in and begins chewing.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha, you're in school. *runs away*
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikantspel
Member # 5752

- posted      Profile for ikantspel   Email ikantspel         Edit/Delete Post 
The hug thread junkies have been giving out hugs in other threads ever since it was deleted. I think anyone caught doing this should be expelled...or shot, it's all up to you.

[ October 07, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

ikantspell? Did you have an appointment? Oh, well. I'd like to think that my students can drop by and visit my office any time they like.

I'd like to institute capital punishment for offenses, but I already have miscrea--I mean hall monitors that are readily available to discipline anywhere throughout, and in some cases beyond, the hallowed halls of our wonderful school.

Unfortunately, this presents a problem in itself. The preferred method of discipline that my hall monitors employ varies with the hall monitor. And one of those monitors, a certain tiger-like one, possesses the edict of hugging and kissing as his method of discipline. A method that works very well, indeed. [Smile] [Cool] [Angst] [Grumble] [Wave] [Laugh] [Wink]

(The other uses sarcasm, which is far more cruel, of course.)

Would you like a position as Crossing Guard Captain? We usually don't promote such junior classmembers, but interest in the position is down, as of late. It doesn't seem like much of a position at first, but it's a leg-up on political positioning, and would look very good on the resume' of any boy who might someday apply for School Bully, or some other available postion. And the posibility for other, shall we say, income in the postion can be quite gratifying.

Have some hard candy?

[ October 07, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: The Principal ]

ikantspel
Member # 5752

I'll be the Crossing Guard Captain only if I get a beat-down sti-I mean stop sign. I promise if I get my stop sign, I'll rule the crosswalks with an iron fist. [Evil Laugh]
(and no, I didn't have an appointment, I smelled candy and followed the scent, which led me here, I just happened to have a complaint ready)
*takes hard candy, bites into it, and shatters some teeth*

[ October 07, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

Posts: 190 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

How about countering cute with cute? I mean, you fight fire with fire, why not?

Did I mention that the position has an excellent dental plan? [Wink]

ikantspel
Member # 5752

"cute with cute" are you comin on to me? All well, I'll take the job, I REALLY need that dental plan, my teeth are like balsa wood.
*makes the mistake of biting into more candy and breaks remaining teeth*

[ October 07, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: ikantspel ]

The Principal
Member # 5721

Well, have a soda on your way out. There's ice cream for lunch today.

Feel free to start a street crossing thread.

And thanks for dropping by my office.

Now, I'm off.

Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
*enter office, bumps thread*
Tee-hee! The principal isn't here! *raids office and exits with bags of hard candy shoved into pockets*

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
If I can beat up ikantspel, can I beecome crossing guard? Or may I apply for a position as school bully straight away?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Government Flunky
Member # 5727

"Okay, where is the Principal?"

*The Government Flunky taps his feet impatiently*

*The Government Flunky growls slightly under his breath*

"Well, I have other schools that are siphoning off the top, so I guess I'll just have to leave this paperwork for the Principal."

Suspicians that School Lunch Program is Being Abused
Daily Policy Digest

Education Issues / Education (Federal Programs)

Friday, January 17, 2003

http://www.ncpa.org/iss/edu/2003/pd011703b.html

*The Government Flunky lays the article and the url down, and walks out grinning widely from ear to ear. [Evil] *

[ November 01, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Government Flunky ]

Crossing Guard Captain
Member # 5778

- posted      Profile for Crossing Guard Captain           Edit/Delete Post 
Black Mage, you could never beat me up, so don't even try it. You can't apply for school bully straight away, you need to follow due process just like the rest of us.
As for you becoming Crossing Guard, you just don't have what it takes...a stop sign and a vest.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Oh, you wanna fight, huh, punk? You wanna take this outside?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

*walks back in*
What, the principal isn't back yet? I'm out of hard candy and I need more. I was going to apply for president of the A/V club.

Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crossing Guard Captain
Member # 5778

*Takes "this" outside*
LET'S DO THIS THING!
*kidney-punches Black Mage and gives him a wedgie*

[ November 02, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Crossing Guard Captain ]

Posts: 20 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Stop! Stop!

This is insane!

Can't you at least let me get it on video for my application?

Crossing Guard Captain
Member # 5778

But I'm angry now! I guess we'll wait a few minutes for you to get your camera.
And I'm not insane, I'm eccentric.

Julie
Member # 5580

OK, I'm ready. In 3... 2... 1... Action!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
(Speaks with a heavy foreign / South American / accent)

"Mr. Principal, I would like to talk to you, sir. About a teaching position".

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

(while the crossing guard is waiting)*punches crossing guard in the stomach and knees him in the groin. retreats to a safe distance, then decides to kick him when he's down*
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I never retired as a belt, y'know.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

*Shifts video camera and moves slightly to the left to get a better view* This is great stuff! Really great! I'm a shoo-in for audio/visual! Now, could you do that again, but this time, face the camera and show some emotion! I'm not believing that crossing guard is really in pain!
Crossing Guard Captain
Member # 5778

I'm glad I wore my iron underwear today!
*jumps up and beats the crap out of Black Mage Matrix-style, then takes out baseball bat and beats him while he's passed out*
You're not the only one who can fight dirty.

[ November 02, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Crossing Guard Captain ]

Julie
Member # 5580

Cut! *Changes film in 12.98 seconds* OK, continue! You're doing great work people.
Black Mage
Member # 5800

*jumps up and twirls in thair, kicking crossing guard on each twirl, then hits crossing guard with the m.d. device. Crossing guard is now a pile of dirt.*

I win. [Party] [The Wave]

Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
I always found the assistant principal more feared than the actual principal. Then again the principals never seemed to do anything.
Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

Wow, this is great footage. Now where is that principal? I can't be appointed president of a/v if he isn't here! [Grumble]
Black Mage
Member # 5800

That's my position too, Julie. *points md device at her*
Crossing Guard Captain
Member # 5778

*Pile of dirt melts, combines, and forms into Crossing Guard Captain.*
Luckily, I was able to borrow some special effects from a movie studio. Now, you shall die.
*Cuts off Black Mage's head and takes MD device*
Is this too violent for your movie Julie?

Julie
Member # 5580

Well, normally I would say that a little blood goes a long way, but this is an exception. It's so realistic, I'll be pres. for sure! Now, do you think you could show a little emotion about having been hit by an m.d. device and living to tell the tale?
Black Mage
Member # 5800

*android Black Mage collapses, its electronic head several feet away. Five hundred Jackie Chan-Black Mage hybrid ninjas show up and start beating the crap out of crossing guard. One thousand Johnny Depp-Black Mage pirates show up and kill crossing guard.*

I'd like to thank cloning technology, and, and, erm. .. me.

Julie
Member # 5580

So this is what happens when ninjas and pirates fight: they side together and beat the crap out of everyone else.
ikantspel
Member # 5752

Penalty: Illegal use of androids, ninjas, and pirates. Also, you have made this thread into a warzone, which is not it's intended use, that is why we have The Do Whatever You Want Thread.

This fight shall be moved to The Do Whatever You Want Thread, and you shall lose the use of your right hand.
If The Do Whatever you want thread is inconvenient, we can either start a new one, or hijack a useless one, I leave that up to you.

Black Mage
Member # 5800

New thread
The Wiggin
Member # 5020

- posted      Profile for The Wiggin           Edit/Delete Post 
So is blood good for the grass?
Posts: 397 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Principal
Member # 5721

*Staggers in, flips on light*

My! What has happened to my office?

*Opens inpenetrable safe, deposits mysterious muslin bag*

I'd better go get that Janitor!

*Leaves for the Hatrack Janitor's Quanset*

*Grabs peppermint on the way out*

ikantspel
Member # 5752

Dang! I was really hoping we could hijack a thread, I shouldn't have left it up to you.
It's really fun to go into a random thread and blow people up, it makes people angry and confused. [Smile]
okay, we need a name for the thread and a referee.

Black Mage
Member # 5800

the thread is black mage vs. crossing guard. Julie can ref.
Julie
Member # 5580

*bump* So do I get the A/V gig? Do I? Do I? Do I?
The Principal
Member # 5721

*fumbles with keys*

Oh, the door's open....

Hi Julie. Here's your AV Keys.

*Tosses Julie several pounds of keys*

Try the toffee on your way out.

Julie
Member # 5580

*catches keys, tastes candy*
Great! Thanks! I'm going to go to the AV room and reorganize it. Last time I checked it was a huge mess!

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, Principal? Where are the State Standards books?

And I was wondering... Can I buy copies of Ender's Game for all my students? We're studying science fiction next semester. Also, I'll need the gym set up for Battle Room, with no gravity and all that.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Government Flunky
Member # 5727

"Did I hear someone ask about governmental standards?"

*Rubs hands eagerly in anticipation.*

"Which state's standards would you like?"

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ewwwww! Principal! There's a Government Flunky in the Teacher's Lounge!
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

*Walks in with many keys dangling and jangling from belt* Wow! That AV room was worse than I thought. Mr. Principal, could I have permission to shoot a video of our school (the good parts only, of course [Wink] ) to attract more students? It would be designed to attract only "good" students who would help to bring our test scores up. Plus, I would get to try out some of this great high-tech equipment!
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Hey! AV Lady! I need the Battle Room set up. Do you happen to have the equipment for that? Also, don't look now, but there's a Government Flunky skulking around.
Julie
Member # 5580

Yeah, I saw him. *glares in his general direction*
I can set up some really cool lighting, but if you want the gravity manipulator you have to ask the Tech department. For some reason it's split like that. [Dont Know] Also, don't forget to ask the home ec classes to make the suits for your class. Shop classes might be able to throw together some guns (light of course!).

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.