FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So when do I find out more about the people fighting the undead and the wereboar?

Author Topic: So when do I find out more about the people fighting the undead and the wereboar?
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhh I think my title says it all...I was kinda reading along at sakeriver and wanted to see what happened next...kind of a page turner...errr...mouse-clicker...I don't know what to call it but It was a good read [Wink]
Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
You could waste a Friday night watching "Dead Like Me" and be subjected to falling in the same categorization as yours truly [Roll Eyes]

edit : repitition will come back to haunt you, it's true!

[ September 24, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been following it as well and I wish to heck these guys would stop getting sick and having real lives so that they could always be at their computers and give me more.

I thought for sure some one was going to die with all the skeletons, but it looks like they may make it out alive now.

A few of them had better remember those healing potions.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

Yeah but dude got Gored by the WereBoar...
Will he suffer the same fate as that poor individual? Or is there some kind of lycanthrope...uhhh...sub-rule that lets you not turn if you can kill the one that infected you??

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

BTW Nice touch with the chanting of the anti-evil aura...things looked tense for a min there
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
m^2 - I've lost the link. Gimme gimme gimme.

(j/k [Wink] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

Find a saxon post...that will take you right threre...its his homepage.

I'm sorry if this is a pointless post...I can't ever be sure when people are being facetious...

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
sakeriver.com/game/

We just started up again yesterday. I'm sure it'll take a couple more days before Mike adds to the archives, though, so to summarize:

Mission and I (I'm Sa'id) are in a spot of trouble. Mission has fallen victim to a Hold Person spell. I'm out of Dispel Magic spells, so I'm hoping to kill the mage with my last useful combat spell (Burning Hands) next round.

Farron is making his way out to check on us.

Rennik is fine, though he may be infected. He's holding the skeletons at bay easily.

Garyth is holding his room as well, though Cadfael has been helping by turning undead repeatedly, which has been nuking almost a dozen skeletons a pop.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

Thank you...any thoughts on there wereboar ordeal?
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Thanks, Raja!

(j/k [Wink] )

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Wow, it's kinda cool to see my name posted. [Smile]

(No, really. I'm not being facetious.)

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

I thought Burning hands got used up on the webbing right before the spectral mace ordeal?
MacBeth
Member # 5670

I know its aplay on his name...but i love the visual I get in my mind of a sake river [Smile]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Holy crap, I forgot how good this stuff was!

Bravo, all you players. You're kicking mucho booticus.

(j/k [Wink] )

[ September 24, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie

I was thinking that as well. I have been waiting for Cadfael to start turning some more. Skeletons really should not bother any cleric over 5th level.

Maybe Said has two of the burning hands spells?

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Sa'id does indeed have two. And Cadfael has been holding off on the turning since it would dispel his Magic Circle Against Evil.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea so many people would be following along. I only even started the archives so I could have a convenient way of checking what had gone before. That said, the archive is complete through yesterday. There is a necessary one-day minimum latency as I like to wait and post an entire day at once.

I will probably be better about updating as I just wrote a nice little Perl script that handles a lot of the formatting that was such a drag before. But, just so you know, I keep all my scripts and what not on my office computer, so you probably won't see updates on weekends, or on alternate Fridays.

Thanks for your patience.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, a much more compelling way to convince me to stop being lazy would be to post on my forum. This has the added bonus of getting on my good side (most of the time).
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
The trick with the turning is that I only had a few of them available each day, and I can only take out skeletons in my line of sight. I didn't want to dispel my circle and risk having Gully get hurt and I wanted to make sure I got maximum use out of my turnings.

But why am I justifying myself to a bunch of people who aren't even playing the game? [Razz]

You know, now that I'm aware of how many people are reading the archives I'm going to have to remember to make my replies a little longer than one or two words [Smile]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that I didn't sign up for this way back when... I knew that I would make it so I had NO life just so I could do that as much as possible.

Perversely, I wish I had. O_o (runs away lest she be infected)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following it as well, it definitely sounds like there's a lot of fun to be had. Almost makes me want to learn how to play. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you afraid of, Tick? Jack Chick?

Learn to play, it's a hoot.

Even if you're about to be clobbered by a mindless engine of undeath.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, it's not that. I play DnD games on my computer...just don't have the time or geek factor to do that IRL.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.