FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Unleash your battle cry!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Unleash your battle cry!!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith's real-life version...

quote:
Lo! Who is that answering AOL phone calls into the night and solving the problems of the on-line world?! It is Nathan, and he queries as his voice cracks in triumphant teenager subtlety:

Am I popular now? When do the chicks start rolling in!"

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Voice cracks? Hey, you said, and I quote "You sound a lot older than 19."

And when do the chicks start rolling in!?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do me a favor, and just enter in Saxon.
quote:
Prowling across the mountains, attacking with gilded boxing gloves, cometh Saxon! And he gives an ominous scream:

"I'm going to forcibly reverse your gender!"

You like that one, eh? Well, it is better than:
quote:
Stalking amidst the tundra, attacking with two hardened pitas, cometh saxon75! And he gives a gutteral roar:

"I'm seriously going to pummel you until your rump glows!"

And this one is weird, not to mention poorly worded:
quote:
Skulking through the terrain, carrying a reflective halberd, cometh Mike! And he gives a spectacular scream:

"Ares, God of War, be praised! I lay waste to all I see with God on my side!!"

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon's real-life version...

quote:
Prowling over his keyboard, attacking the keys with ferocious hunt and peck inexpertise, cometh saxon75! And he gives an inauspicious roar:

Hay, guys whats going on in he-

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- wonders what Ralphie thinks her real-life version is
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Hay guys whats giong on ni he-

oh i see yuo are maknig jokes.

jOkes are real good.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done this before, but never with my real name. It actually turns out better than my board nick or my name nicknamed down.

"Stalking along the candy store, clutching a piece of chainlink fence, cometh Michael! And he gives a mighty cry:

'I'm going to clobber you in such an unsafe manner, you will see ultraviolet!!'"

Of course I've seen this before, but it never ceases to get old. My favorite weapon is two hardened pitas.

[ September 25, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Happy Camper ]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yea, verily: Who is that, sprinting out of the steppes! It is Maccabeus, hands clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He bellows thunderously:

"Ares, God of War, be praised! I slice through beating hearts until everything has croaked!!!"

Wow. Not that I care much for Ares, but that is vicious.

...I like it.

My real name gives stranger, but still interesting, results...

quote:
Skulking through the tarmac, clutching a meaty axe, cometh ___! And he gives a mighty grunt:

"I'm going to smash you so hard, your screams will reanimate the dead!"

[ September 25, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Maccabeus ]

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Ralphie's real life one the best.... Hehehe.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Hark! Who is that, prowling on the tarmac! It is Ryan Hart, hands clutching a burning branch! And with an ominous grunt, his voice cometh:

"In the name of Thor the Mighty, I destroy all in my path until everything has croaked!"

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon, try again, only don't capitalize the 's' in saxon.

[Smile]

::runs back to work::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sprinting on the candy store, attacking with gilded boxing gloves, cometh tonguetied&twisted! And she gives a spectacular scream:

"I'm going to bruise you with such disregard for common sense, your blood will flow counter-clockwise!!"

[ROFL]
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
The battle cries of some of our favorite OSC characters:

Hark! Who is that, striding through the desert! It is Ender Wiggin, hands clutching an oversized scalpel! And with a booming roar, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to pummel you until you have puppies, and hijack your momma's airplane!"

Zang! Who is that, prowling through the terrain! It is Alvin Miller, hands clutching a vorpal blade! He roars thunderously:

"I'm going to brutalize you until there are no limbs left to break!!"

Zang! Who is that, skulking amidst the mountains! It is Nafai, hands clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! And with a mighty cry, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to smack you with such wanton cruelty, Buddha will explode!!"

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
saxon, try again, only don't capitalize the 's' in saxon.
Dude, I was just doing what you said.

::checks it out::

Wow, that was so... unpostable.

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rampaging out of the desert, swinging a thorned whip, cometh Celia! And she gives a cruel grunt:

"I'm going to bludgeon you so heinously, you will see ultraviolet!!!"

i thought that other thread looked familiar [Big Grin]

quote:
Lo! Who is that, prowling over the tarmac! It is Celia, hands clutching two hardened pitas! And with a booming howl, her voice cometh:

"I'm going to bludgeon you beyond mortal comprehension, and add a notch to my bedpost!"

[ September 26, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Who wouldn't want to be a notch in celia's bedpost?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, this is interesting! I get totally different ones depending on capitalization -- rivka, Rivka, rIvka, etc. -- each brings up a different one.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.