FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PacNW Get-Together (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: PacNW Get-Together
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Tea, are you really going to be there? I thought you were just joking, but I'll be seriously stoked about this if you're going to be there too. How cool!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
ByuCnslr,

If you could maybe get from Beloit to Tom and Christy's in Madison, and Christy is coming to the Ohio gathering then we could get you to the Ohio signing. If not you'd have to get into Chicago but I could take you from there.

But you'd probably miss a Friday of school.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
T, are you really coming? That would be awesome!

Shan, there's a Days Inn right downtown not too far from stuff. I would venture to say that that's not too expensive. Anyone know of a motel 6 or 8?

Maybe you could even stay with us. I'd have to check as it's not my house, but I'll look into it.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was definately thinking about it. Oddly enough, I talked to a friend today who works for Delta Airlines, he told me that for working there he gets free flights. I jokingly asked him if he could hook me up, and he said he'd check into it.

Even if he can't, I'm still looking into it. My sister got to go to Europe 3 times because she was in the Drill Team, and my parents helped pay for it. Since I am paying for it myself, AND I'm 18, AND they never once paid for me to go anywhere (a little bitter here, can't ya tell), I'm pretty sure after reminding them of that, they'll have no objections.

But don't make it official. I'm just seriously looking into it.

Edit: Test.

[ November 21, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Narnia!

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
T, we'd love to have you visit our fine state! Hope you can make it...
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
This should be most excellent. I'm getting quite excited.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Thanks, Shig. It would be mondo fun to take a trip out there, assuming I can afford it. I'm trying to work out budgets for things (mainly because I'm trying not to rely on parents for money... ever). Mainly the two things I am trying to budget are Mission and WenchCon, but if some extra dough happens to come my way... [Smile]
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

T, it's obvious that you should ditch the mission and spend all your money on Hatrack escapades. [Evil]

Yes, I'm only kidding. I'll even add a [Wink] for good measure.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I won't deny sitting in my hot tub at nights, figuring out that if I was handed 100,000 dollars, I'd go on a road trip to each state and visit as many Jatraqueros as I can.

And then...

THE INTERNATIONAL JATRAQUEROS!!!

Me and Annie, Touring Switzerland (hey, she offered)
Troubs, EG, and Me, on a wild hunting trip in New Zealand.
Me and Jebus, doing.. jebus-y things... in... wherever the heck he lives in Ireland.
Kama and Myself, doing... who cares, I'd be with Kama.

AND MANY MORE!!

Oh, and I'd probably buy some Leiderhosen, also. But that goes without saying.

-----

But, to be perfectly honest, percieving what I think to be God's infinite sense of humor, I'll be sent to Portland anyway on my Mission (or some other Jatraquero filled mission area). So when I knock on your door, you better feed me. Or at least say hi. Or at least don't sic dogs after me.

(PS, I have a Cousin serving near Greensboro, one in Jacksonville this upcoming December, one that just got off from Dallas, a friend in Birmingham, and more cousins along the east coast).

Jewel
Member # 5763

- posted      Profile for Jewel           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kama and Myself, doing... who cares, I'd be with Kama.

kama...do YOU have anything to say about that? [Wink]

We'd definitely feed you if you came here. [Evil]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Don't forget - it must include jello - whatever else you feed him, make sure there is jello -

what's your fave flavor, T?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It's all about the lime, with pineapples. Or grapes.

Oh ya...

::drools::

Shan
Member # 4550

How about lime - with mandarin oranges?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Orange Jello with manderin oranges, yes.
Cherry with manderin oranges, yes.
Lime with manderin oranges, acceptable.

The line of progress goes like this:

Lime with Pineapple-
Lime with Grapes-
Orange with Manderin Oranges-
Lime-
Cherry with Manderin Oranges-
Orange-
Cherry-
Lime with Manderin Oranges-
Lime with Banana's-

And so forth and so forth until you hit the bottom of the chain:

Blue jello.
Blue jello with anything.

Shan
Member # 4550

Blue jello is revolting - I wouldn't feed that to my worst enemy.

Blech.

I must admit I am partial to lime jello, mixed with cottage cheese, Cool Whip, mandarin oranges and allowed to settle.

Nummmmmmy.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hmmm...

Recalling one of the picnics, I do believe that's the recipe of Jon's moms Jello salad. Only, I think he used Lemon Jello instead.

Shan
Member # 4550

Oh no - it must be lime, green lime , to offset the orange.

Gracious me!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Bump, for Zotto and....

I talked with my Team Leader at work yesterday. She said she'd work it so that I can have that weekend off.

And the plan has been set in motion...
The pieces are moving...

Ok, if I can make some good solid plans for that weekend of what I'd be doing there, you can expect me to be there.

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
So guess what, friends, I think I'm coming, if the price is right on travelocity.

Is there a place I can stay for the weekend?

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Yep... just sold my soul to priceline.

I'll be there!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Annie - want to go halves on a motel room?

(Edited to add: e-mail me if you do - we can take care of details without boring everyone else!)

[ October 09, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Woohoo! This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait for November.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

::runs and tackles her Morgan dearest::

AUGH!!!! [The Wave] I'm leaping up and down!! I'm going to get to see my Annie!!

::sighs in blissful contentment::

Narnia
Member # 1071

Ok, I've recovered.

Annie or Shan, if you don't mind air mattresses, and 3 teenage boys running around you are welcome to stay here if motel rooms turn out to be expensive.

Shan
Member # 4550

Narnia, you are way cool! Thanks for the offer - I'll be checking into prices this weekend, but air mattresses sound just fine, too!
Annie
Member # 295

Narnia, you are a sweety face.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan - You're staying with us, right?

And Frisco - you're invited, too, if you gather the bling bling to come over. Hopefully. [Smile]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ralphie, yup. What time do you think would work out best for you for me to arrive?
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Alright! Nate can help me drag you and Katie around this time!

And he can be designated driver!

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

I wonder if I should claim that I need to spend the night in Portland as well, just to get in on the sleepover.

Nahhhh....It's tempting, though! [Evil]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Frisco, me driving around in a town I'm not familiar with is worse than anyone driving drunk.

Looks like I need to earn some good spending mula.

Shan
Member # 4550

Portland's not the easiest town to be driving in, either. I think I scared Bees a few times [Angst] during last January's (?) get-together - and I wasn't even trying to !

Keeping track of what's one-way or two-way streets, whilst looking for street names and landmarks, with a child jabbering in the back seat about mama getting everyone lost - I have only EVER done that once [Blushing] , when he was five but he WILL remember it and tell everyone without the least compunction -

bad combo. [Wall Bash]

However, we made it to all of our destinations alive and well! And had a fine time! [Big Grin]

Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
This is going to be fun!
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I am SO going to be there. [Cool]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Zotto, you know the drill. If you need rides or anything just call me. I'm so excited that you're here for this too!! WOOHOO! [Big Grin]
Annie
Member # 295

Did I mention yet that I'm excited?
Narnia
Member # 1071

Um, no. You hadn't mentioned that... [Big Grin]
Narnia
Member # 1071

Okay, we're back!! Just a headcount

Shan
Jeni
Narnia
Annie
Ralphie
Frisco??? Are you coming??
Zotto
T_Smith?(did you get your tickets?)
Nato
Shigosei
Jonny
and maybe someone else special if he gets his tickets tonight...
Did I forget anyone? Khavanon? What about you?

So. Folks. What's going on??? We're planning on the evening signing for tons of fun-filled mingling and book shopping. For Saturday during the day, I was thinking of Saturday's Market, then lunch, more shopping?? What do you guys think?

Friday night is a fun night too. I'd love for us to get together. Nathan is going to be in as well as Annie(and possibly someone else) so we need to maximize on our fun time. One thing to consider. We're hosting possibly the largest gathering of freshmen in college in hatrack history. We definitely have to go places where all ages can hang out. [Big Grin] Ideas for Friday night, Saturday day and afternoon anyone?

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, it'll be like a mini vacation for me!!

Frisco
Member # 3765

Well, the money situation isn't looking too promising.

But if Hobbes and Annie are even half as nausiating in person, that may be a good thing.

And if I did go, I will have met 33 Hatrackers since EnderCon and will be forced to label myself a bigger geek than Nathan.

That said, if there's any way I can go, I will. It's only a 6 hour drive.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Hey, Toni...are Katie and Ty coming, so at least there will be some cool people to hang out with? [Wink]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

How many people have you friggin met outside of EnderCon!! [Eek!]

Darn it all, and I was so hoping to be a huge goober. I can still be a bigger goober than you, right?

Frisco
Member # 3765

Nathan, you are, and will always be, the bigger goober.

And nobody can take that away from you.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

Nathan, you are, and will always be, the bigger goober.

And nobody can take that away from you.

-Frisco

There. It's official. I feel so good, now.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie - I'm not entirely sure about Katie, but I know Ty will definitely not be there.

Sowwy.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Not at the signing, even? What, is he out of town, or are we just not good enough for him? [Razz]
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
What we could do...hmmm, guess bars and drinking are right out. We could...
...have food fights. Lots of Jell-O with fruit in it, chocolate cake, and cream pies.
...play football,soccer, some sport. It always seems to work for those TV families. Works best if it's outside and muddy. [Wink]
...eat. We will probably get hungry somewhere in there. Maybe someone who lives in the Portland area should make a note of some restaurants to go feast at.

Hmmm, this is tought 'cuz I don't know what there is to do in Portland.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Just curious, how old are you Jonny?
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
As I stated in the poll thread, I am 30. =) But I'm young at heart!
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Quoting Annie:

quote:
Now for a limited time only is your chance to give Hobbes a ride from the airport to the social happenings of Portland. If you are interested in applying for this position then give your contact information.
That's right, send in that informtaion! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.