FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PacNW Get-Together (Page 4)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: PacNW Get-Together
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Hobbes
for being clever and brilliant and cute

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yet more evidence for the case that love really is blind! [Wink] (j/k)

Shan - carpooling sounds good. I'll send you an email and we'll work out the details. Of course, all this is on the assumption that you're not a homicidal maniac and really do exist. This is the internet ya know...

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I can vouch for her....it's YOU that we're worried about. [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, according to my Mother:

All of you are stalkers.
Ralphie is really single.
Ralphie is going to poison me.
Ralphie is going to lock me in her basement.

I just shrugged and said "cool, after 9 months I'll be famous and can do book deals and made for TV movies."

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If I was really single and locked you in my basement do you have ANY clue how lucky you would appear to many of your Hatrack brethren?

Think about it.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
And then get crest tooth paste. Because nothing gets rid of plaque like crest tooth paste.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
The preceding post was an anecdotal commercial announcement. The views of that post are not necessarily the views of this thread or of the people that read and post in it. Thank you.
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell you what, Hobbes: I am single, so why don't you just come on home with me and I'll lock you in our basement. Ralphie gets enough luv from everyone else. [Razz]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm single! How come no one ever offers to lock me up in their basement????? (sniff)

Thanks, Narnia, for vouching for me - do you suppose we can get some proofs of identity, emotional stability and legal sanity from Jonny?

[Razz]

I'll give you a call this weekend, Jonny - is there a particular "don't call me or I'll bite your head off because I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet" time? [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Hobbes will be going to no basements of single women. Clear? [Wink]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, awww, do you not have a basement? Maybe one of these helpful ladies would let you borrow hers.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Oh, Hobbes and I spend a lot of time in my basement. Ok, maybe I'm in the basement and he's on the phone, but there is definitely a basement involved.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Tsk. Breaking your own rule, hmm? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Has anyone seen jeni around? Is she still planning to come? I hope??
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I betcha T_Smith could still wrangle some time to spend in a basement of a single woman if Hobbes can't. I'd offer my own, except that it's more of a crawlspace and I'm not a single woman.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

quote:
...do you suppose we can get some proofs of identity, emotional stability and legal sanity from Jonny?
Well, I have a driver's license and passport, so I gather those would be my legal proofs of identity. The driver's license could also be a partial proof of legal sanity because hey, they would take away the license of a crazy person right? Emotional stability might be a bit more of a burden to prove...I've never shot or stabbed anyone, or been shot or stabbed by anyone, never been put in the hospital or put anyone in the hospital, no criminal record, no suicide attempts. Huh, I might be a bit of a boy scout!

quote:
...is there a particular "don't call me or I'll bite your head off because I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet" time?
Nope. I'm pretty easy going, bit of a morning person (but also a night owl) and I don't drink coffee or tea so I'm pretty sure any time you call and actually reach me, it'll be okay. Btw, if you call and reach the answering machine, leave a message because I almost always screen my calls.
Annie
Member # 295

Did I mention yet that I'm excited?

Fourteen days! Less than a fortnight!

[Kiss] Hobbes [Kiss] - I can't wait, baby!

Narnia
Member # 1071

k, got Hobbes' flight plan. Why was I thinking that you were leaving on Sunday??? I have no idea.

Here's the thing: I have school on Monday and would have a problem getting you to the airport in the middle of the day. (his flight leaves at 12:55) Annie and I had talked and she was going to spend Sunday night at her friend's house here in town and spend Monday with her just because I'd be gone all day. So!! Let's brainstorm and figure out a way that we can keep Hobbes busy Monday morning and get him to the airport on time. [Smile]

Annie, you're flying out later that afternoon and Brigette said she'd drive you to the airport...she could possibly drive you both earlier, but that means that you'd have to wait until your flight after Hobbes took off.

Plus, I'm afraid that Hobbes would think we're incredibly boring without Annie around on Sunday night...and I don't know if Hobbes would even want to stay at our house if he knew that Annie was somewhere in the same town and HE wasn't there with her. [Wink] Do you see the source of my perplexity? Do you guys have any brilliant ideas?? [Big Grin]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Nope. Sunday night, I have plans on enjoying Ralphie's basement.

[Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

Well, okay. She's really cool even if she's not single.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Hobbes said:
quote:
Someone should pick me up at 10:56pm Friday and drop me off for a 12:55pm flight on Sunday. That would be a good thing.

quote:
all I need is a place to stay for two nights and a ride back
quote:
Ohh, and I think I'm going to sleep at the airport Sunday night. :laughs: (at self). This should teach me to pay attention to return trip as well as departure.

quote:
After that, I'm leaving Sunday 12:55pm (take off time). Then I'm going to sleep for 7 and half hours at the Indy airport until 6:00 the next morning.
Narnia said:
quote:
Hobbes, I'll probably drop you off at the airport on Sunday at around 11:30 am. That should get you through security etc.
Ok Hobbes...we ALL though that you were going home on Sunday according to this thread...including YOU. [Razz] Did you realize that your flight plan says that you're going home on Monday the 17th? ???

*waits to see what happens*

Hobbes
Member # 433

Yah, forgot about that whole Monday thing. [Embarrassed] Yes, Monday, glorius Monday... or something. I think I willed myself to forget based on missing math... [EDIT: I think I did, I just realizied I've been saying Sunday outside of this thread too, perhaps I shall use the slap's face smilie... or it's nearest realitive: [Wall Bash] ]

I think this thread is giving me way too many oppurunities to do this:
Self: [Laugh]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ October 31, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

I haven't even gotten in touch with my friend Brigette yet (with whom I was supposed to spend Sunday night), so it's not too late to change plans. I'm sure we can work somthing out that involves Hobbes getting to stay wherever I stay on Sunday night and us keeping ourselves entertained on Monday. We'll figure something out - I'll try to talk to the elusive Brigette and see what can be done.

You realize the best part of this all don't you? 24 more hours of Hobbes! [Big Grin]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, sorry the slow response...it's been a zoo around here. Life is overwealming online time.

We should be there, probably late, late on Friday night. I'll have my family with me, most likely. For sure all of us are going to Portland, no idea if they'll want to go to the signing or other activities. Probably yes.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, the Powell's signing has been changed from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Don't want people waiting longer than they have it!
Kristine

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Life is overwealming online time.

Word up.

If I'm still not employed at that time, I can take people to the airport Monday. I have no problem pitching in, there.

No matter what the situation, we can figure something out. Yay for the MAX going to PDX.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Weeelllll - Jonny sounds pretty real to me with the caveat that he thinks a driver's license is proof of emotional stability . . . whadya think, Narnia?

(I guess he's new enough he doesn't know that my granny "accidently" backed over me in her driveway this last 4th of July.)

As long as you promise not to back over me in any driveway's, Jonny - [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

LOL Shan. We'll all get together and thwap you if you run over Shan Jonny. [Smile] Shan, I think he's ok. [Wink]

Ralphie, that's cool. I could probably even get someone who could drive them to the Max too if you're indisposed. [Big Grin]

Shan
Member # 4550

Phew . . . the vertigo's finally down to occasional spells . . . [Angst]

I'd hate to have to start all over again . . .

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

Hey Shan, I just tried to call you but the phone line's busy. I will try again in a little bit. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have AIM you can IM me if you like (same Screen Name as the logon I have on here).

I promise not to run you over. I searched some backposts and now I have a pretty clear picture of your "incident" with your grammy. I just hope you don't have a "spell" while we're driving down to Portland! [Angst]

Shan
Member # 4550

I promise to take my vertigo medicine with me just in case! Luckily, grammy lives on the other side of the state! Thank you for your promise not to finish the job for her. [Eek!]

A couple more posts and then I'll get off the computer and put my son to bed, complete with story, lullabye and snuggle.

(I.e., I could probably take part in a semi-coherent conversation after 8 pm - [Smile] )

EDITED TO ADD:

Hey Narnia and Ralphie - do we have a firm time/place to meet on Saturday, yet? An itinerary? (A limosine and room service . . . [Big Grin] j/k)

Jonny and I chatted briefly this evening. He's willing to trust my driving (knowing what he knows about my family and drivers, [Laugh] I'd say that's pretty brave) and if I am recalling correctly Bees and I did the drive to Portland in about 2 1/2 hours (don't worry, Jonny, I got her to, around and home from Portland in one piece, and that was with an excited, talkative 9 year old in the car, too) - this allowed time to visit my favorite rest stops on the way . . .

I remember we all met at a really cool bookstore/coffeeshop last time? Shall we do that again, if no one has other ideas?

Okay, I'll stop with the questions -

Cheerio!

[ November 02, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

It would be good to finalize plans. My parents would like to know when we need to be there. The coffeeshop was great, but can it handle the much larger group we're going to have this time? We have a lot more Jatraqueros this time, and I'm bringing my whole family, so that's an extra four people.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Well, I'm not sure if everyone wanted to hang out in a huge group all day Saturday. Maybe we could just make some plans and say, if you want to come, then you can. If not, we'll meet up for lunch or dinner or the signing or whatever. Deal? What do you think?

I'm heading up the Annie/Hobbes/Abrynne/Zotto! crew as far as I know. i.e. we'll be traveling in a pack. [Smile] We're willing to make up an itinerary (or something like it) so that those coming in from out of town can meet up and as many of us that can will be able to hang out all day.

Friday night seems like it will be:

around 8:00pm-Abrynne and I (Zotto if he wants to) will meet up with Ralphie(right?) and we'll nab Nathan and Annie at the airport. (Will Frisco be in by then?) We could then go hang out at some place nearby. I have to be back at the airport by 11pm to get Hobbes. After that, we'll probably head home.

Saturday morning, we have plans for a kick trash crepe breakfast headed up by Annie and Hobbes at my house. Anyone is invited to that as wants to come. (email me if you want directions and details.) We'll say that it'll be over and done by...oh...11am.

After that, I'm planless. [Wink] We could head downtown, eat lunch, do Saturdays market, Powell's...or we could head over to the first OSC signing in Tigard that afternoon...any other ideas on where to meet and what to do?

I'm assuming that we'll all then have dinner (it would be awesome to all do this together) and then head over to the signing. (7pm at the downtown Borders) What do you guys think?

I'm totally open to ideas and plans and we can always plan as we go. We just need solid times and places to meet so everyone can get rides and let parents know etc. True Brew might not be the best place to meet...I don't know if it would handle a big group and on Saturday's it's kind of crowded...what do you think Ralphie?

[ November 03, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Sounds good. Would you like to meet at the airport to pick up Annie and Hobbes? We'll have to pay for parking, but it seems the easiest thing to do.

Since it seems you're housing quite a few people, Narnia, e-mail me your address and I'll find a convenient coffee house (or summin) where everyone can meet pre-signing Saturday morning.

In fact, e-mail me your phone number and I'll just call you to solidify plans. Sound okay?

Hobbes
Member # 433

If Annie's there I don't care what we do. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Yada yada, we knew that already Hobbes. [Big Grin] [Wink] This is going to be a BLAST. Truly. [Smile]

I'm emailing you my cell and home phone Ralphie.

Shan
Member # 4550

Well, I think you all are just plain awesome for figuring this all out -

yeah! [Smile]

Thank you!

(Anxiously awaits Ralphie's coffeehouse locale for Saturday meet-up.)

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be in on lunch or dinner, depends on what kind of food people want. Todai is kind of expensive, but it's all you can eat and is located fairly close to Borders (plus my wife has a free dinner certificate). Anyone for Todai?
Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

One thing is, I'm trying to bring all my stuff in one backpack (with some homework I'll undoubtly have to bring along [Grumble] ) so though I don't mind shopping, I wont be able to buy antyhing. In other words, if the ladies want to go out clothes shopping all Saturday I'd only come to be with Annie. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Is there anything going on at the afternoon signing besides signing? If we're already getting our books signed in the evening, it may not be worth going. Then again, it is OSC... Anyhow, going to the Saturday market might be interesting. I'm also up for going to lunch if my family is willing to come up at that time. We could perhaps just have a social gathering at someone's house for most of the afternoon, if anyone is willing to volunteer to host that. I'm happy to do just about anything, although I'm not into clothes shopping either.

So, is anyone so hopelessly excited about meeting the Cards that you've started to think about what you're going to say?

Hobbes
Member # 433

I plan on thinking of something really really stupid to say, finally getting to the front of the line, forget what I was going to say and blurt out something even stupider. It worked the last two times. [Grumble] [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ November 03, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Nato
Member # 1448

I was considering asking OSC to record an answering machine greeting for me, but I've got nothing to record it on, and I have no idea what I'd want him to say.

Shigosei, do you think I could hitch a ride with you up to Portland? I'll be back in Corvallis on Friday night and willing to go up to Portland whenever your family wants.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Hobbes, have you asked him to squish your head, yet?
Hobbes
Member # 433

No T, I haven't. If there was room (there isn't) I'd bring my pet tiger Hobbes with me and ask OSC to squish his head; now that would be cool! [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

Oh, yes, head-squishing. How could I forget that?

Nato, I'm almost certain my family can give you a ride up to Portland on Saturday. I'll check to make certain, though.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Hobbes, fear not. I don't think any of us have a hankering to go clothes shopping. Saturday's Market is something completely different, I think you'll like it if we go. [Smile]

PS Cheaper is better.

Hobbes
Member # 433

There's only one thing I hanker after... but this thread doesn't need any more mushyness... [Wink]

OK, but you have to stop me from buying anything, because I really doubt I'll be able to fit a thing extra into my pack. [Angst]

Hobbes [Smile]

Narnia
Member # 1071

We'll only let you buy stuff that you can wrap around your head, waist, or ankles as an accessory on the way home. How about that? [Big Grin]
Hobbes
Member # 433

Umm... what am I buying that's getting wrapped around my ankles? If you say fuzzy handcuffs I'm so going to die.

("If she says Mrs Buttersworth I'm gonna lose it"). [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, you two. Get a room.
Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.