FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gender Equality (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gender Equality
Frameshifter
Member # 2967

- posted      Profile for Frameshifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it women can where boxer shorts as er, shorts, however when I go wandering around in public in my boxer people seem to get upset. Futher more when I slap a pair of panties over my boxers and go outside, people seem to get even more upset, I just don't get it.
Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
You need a better tan, probably.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nathan of archenland
Member # 5754

- posted      Profile for nathan of archenland   Email nathan of archenland         Edit/Delete Post 
cause thats how it works and if you dont like it move overseas... anything goes in some of those places. mainly though, i think its just that people are embarrased of each other's bodies.. thats not bad though, maybe that's even modest. [Cool] there is a good chance that you need a tan, though.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::puts panties over boxers::

::walks outside::

Hello world, my name is Nathan and I'm comfortable with myself.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why is it women can where boxer shorts as er, shorts, however when I go wandering around in public in my boxer people seem to get upset.
Ummm, because we look hot?
Duh?

Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
[ROFL] (Though I'm not positive you were joking . . . )
[ROFL]
[ROFL]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Maureen nailed it [Smile]

Currently, our culture views women as more beautiful then men. These things change from time to time... for most of the renaissance, the male form was viewed as more beautiful then the female, for example.
So showing off the female body is more "Acceptable" in our culture then showing off the male body. Its part of why we see naked women in movies a lot more frequently then naked men. Its also while most advertising has scantily clad women, and men when used as sex objects are usually in uniform, or bare chested but with pants on. Mens' CHESTS are ok, but male legs are just seen as... hairy.

Anyrate, I think more women should walk around with boxer shorts as shorts *Grin*

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Because women in boxers have no inappropriate part of their anatomy that may accidently slip out, up, or fall into view.

Besides, lewd behavior in strange women is appreciated by men. Lewd behavior in strange men is not appreciated by women.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, as long as you have the kind of boxers that have a button, I'm cool with you walking around in them.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I love a nice set of legs on a guy. Ron has great legs. I'd love to see him a kilt. I love those Celtic knees, with their pretty golden fuzz.

But he never wears boxer-type shorts out anywhere. His shorts and swim suits all go to his knees. I think it goes to What Dan_Raven said. Some men can't wear stuff like that without getting arrested. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and those men also die early from having their face hit the cement too frequently [Smile]

I'm not saying women don't find legs attractive... but society, taken as a whole, doesn't really find male legs attractive, for whatever reason.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a pair of boxer shorts with blueberries all over them and was very excited to wear them, until I discovered they were actual, functional boxer shorts and a little too well-ventilated for everyday wear.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, Uhh, I'm not sure how society as a whole can find men's legs unattractive when women who make up over 50% of society find them attractive. What is the whole society if it neglects the majority of its members?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, if this is true, how come it's almost impossible to find a decent pair of men's shorts that don't go past the knee. 25 years of tennis has given me decent legs and I'm pissed I can't flaunt it.
Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because women in boxers have no inappropriate part of their anatomy that may accidently slip out, up, or fall into view.
Wearing short shorts would imply a man has no risk of this happening.

When men start wearing bras, or the "bro" as Kramer dubbed it, we can talk. Anatomically, some men need them more than some women.

[ September 30, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

"women" above = "some women"
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
It's all in the math, Zan.

According to my calculations, of the 50% who find men attractive, only15%, or 7.5% of the general population, find men's legs attractive.

The vast majority of this 7.5% want to see only nice legs and are willing to forego seeing all men's legs to prevent having to see legs that are not so nice.

Unfortunately for you, those who want to see men's legs at any cost constitute only a very small fraction of the general population. In fact, according to my most recent data, it was only Rabbit and Olivet. And they were easily out voted by the rest of us.

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyrate, I think more women should walk around with boxer shorts as shorts *Grin*
I would like to second this. [Smile]
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
How come we men, even the pasty white, beer gutted, overly furred and man-breasted men, can doff our shirts when its hot and that is acceptable, while women can't even walk outside in a sports bra without recieving cat calls?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that really acceptible? I mean, a guy won't get arrested for it, but when I've occasionally seen such a guy walking around without a shirt, most people he passes seem to do double takes and make snide remarks to their friends. I think that this one is changing a bit.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How come we men, even the pasty white, beer gutted, overly furred and man-breasted men, can doff our shirts when its hot and that is acceptable, while women can't even walk outside in a sports bra without recieving cat calls?
Well, I don't know...I don't think the pasty white, beer-gutted, overly furred women would get much cat calls either...
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
People, let's get straight to the point.

Women can wear whatever they want because men are obsessed with the female body. Likewise, we can't wear anything WITHOUT getting hit on. No matter how conservative...unless it's so conservative that one can't be sure you're female. Basically, if you don't care that men think you're hot you can wear anything, but if you do care, then you better stay at home.

However, most women are NOT obsessed with the MALE body, unless it's the body of a particular male. Not just any male body will do. So if you're showing it off, we have to wonder why. Are you showing it off for other men? Because we just don't care. Truthfully, there are women out there who "guy-watch" as it were, but I swear I don't know any of them. It seems like it's mainly something that's on Diet Coke or Yoplait commercials.

Bottom line, girls can be scantily clad because someone wants to see it. It's not a double standard. We're just more visually pleasing than our male counterparts. Sorry. [Smile]

added to make a point clear: It's not that women don't want to look at men, it's just that we're generally more impressed by a very well-dressed guy than an undressed guy.

[ September 30, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: MaureenJanay ]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed when I was visiting Cambridge, MA during a summer heat wave once (it was in the 80s all week!) that girls in shorts seem to get a lot more attention up there than here in the south. Perhaps those of you who favor skin should move southwards, where the weather seems to make fewer clothes more acceptable and more common.

Olivet, it's well known that Atlanta is a hybrid yankee-southern city, so maybe that makes the difference. [Smile] Here guys show their legs quite often in the summertime. Not boxer shorts, so much, but lots of bike shorts.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

What ak says is true about southern cities. Here in Tucson we don't even go to the mall because my husband is freaked out by all the girls with next to no clothes on. He's like, "I can't look anywhere without seeing something that I really shouldn't be dwelling on, so I'd rather not go."

Seriously. My first day at the high school here (it was mid-year) was "Beach day" or something like that. The girls wore BIKINIS to school, if you can believe it. Yeah, there was a lot of learning going on that day. [Roll Eyes] I was unable to believe what I was seeing. It was actually disgusting. (The rolls! THE ROLLS! [Cry] )

ana kata
Member # 5666

Oh, and no wonder they think the 80s is hot, if they're going to be walking around in long pants and long sleeves! [Smile] Oh, and polyester or blends instead of pure cotton!

[ September 30, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ron wears shorts all the time, even in winter. I think it's because he comes from a bloodline that once wore kilts even in the highland winters. Strong constitution, wot.

In any case, they usually come to the top of the knee, but not higher, for reasons that have already been stated.

However, if I'm out driving and there's a well-made fellow mowing a lawn without a shirt, or running, etc. I DO notice. I don't catcall or anything, but I see it. The tight running shorts and a nice tush, whoo boy.

Maybe I'm just a horndog. Maybe other women don't notice the manflesh. Or maybe they're just big fat liars. [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*is reminded of Simpson's episode where Homer walks around in speedo and they keep "disappearing"*
[ROFL]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is that really acceptible? I mean, a guy won't get arrested for it, but when I've occasionally seen such a guy walking around without a shirt, most people he passes seem to do double takes and make snide remarks to their friends. I think that this one is changing a bit.
Does that mean that women walking around topless is acceptable where you live? I want to move there then!

jk [Wink] [ROFL] [Taunt]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

Maybe I'm wrong, Olivet. All I know is that I find it a bit difficult to be attracted to a man when I can't really see his face and talk to him. Sometimes I'll see a built guy jogging in just his tiny shorts and I'll actually be a little grossed out.

Now, when my husband or a guy friend is being athletic and shirtless, I can enjoy it. It's just tough for me to be attracted to the guy if I don't know him.

ana kata
Member # 5666

Nick, the correct term is topfree.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
You know - there are some men I could look at all day long. All day long. For every last minute of the day.

I remember one such when I was newly in college- in fact, I think I have him to blame for my D in physics. But my, he inspired some beautiful poetry. What a beautiful, absolutely manly but beuatiful, young man.

Sigh.

And to think, I DID finally get to kiss him.

Double sigh.

*Shakes self, wakes up - errhhh, where? what?*

[Blushing]

Oh yes - men.

I like 'em in a couple of different ways. The serious business-type, well-dressed and groomed, but with a glint of humor in their eyes and the definition of muscle underlying their Armani.

ORRRRRRR . . . .

Long hair, motorcycle leathers, exuding "I am dangerous" hormones at a furious pace. These are the types I QUICKLY look away from, anymore, except to check the Harley out a little more closely, of course . . . of course . . . [Monkeys]

Hey! There's a reason I stay single folks!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie - This is why you sew up (or sew a button on) the extra frontal ventilation of men's boxer shorts. I did it all the time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Or just buy the kind with the button pre-installed.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wearing boxers RIGHT NOW! [Wink]

I'm with Olivet. If I'm driving along and see a good lookin' barechested male, I'm a-lookin'.

I also can't seem to go running without catcalls. I wear a tshirt and shorts, the tshirt isn't tight at ALL, nor are my shorts "short" or tight.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The vast majority of this 7.5% want to see only nice legs and are willing to forego seeing all men's legs to prevent having to see legs that are not so nice.
And how exactly does this differ from men watching women. How many men do you know who like to unattractive women scantilly clad?

Although many women, including me, enjoy looking at well built male bodies, men are in general much more easily sexually aroused by visual stimuli. (If you want, I can come up with the studies that support that claim). This is why over 90% of sales of playgirl type magazines that feature naked or nearly naked men, are to gay men not women. it also explains why gay men are more likely to be concerned about their looks than straight men while lesbian women are often far less concerned with their looks than straight women. These are of course generalization that may or may not apply in any specific case.

It also suggests that the reason there is less male nudity in films than female nudity is due to the predominance of heterosexuals in the audience.

[ October 01, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I've always found it interesting far more female bedrooms that I've been in had pictures of nude or nearly nude women on the walls than male bedrooms.
saxon75
Member # 4589

Another interesting tidbit:

Often in situations where I am near a large crowd of people, I ask my companions whether they are looking more at the women or more at the men. The vast majority of the people I've asked (male and female) have said that they were looking at the women.

Olivet
Member # 1104

I don't think women aren't interested in naked men... I just think that most of us don't need to pay to see naked men if we want to. I always just figured if I asked really nicely, you know... [Big Grin]

A friend of mine who really digs Ewan McGregor sent me an article about how his nakedness was going to be cut from Young Adam for release in America. She said, "These people have no idea what women want to see" was what she said.

I mean, you can show people being blown apart or dismembered, but not some guy's dangly bits? That is just effed. In the best of all possible worlds, most men have dangly bits, and very few people are hacked to bits or blown apart.

As far as the 'women aren't as visually stimulated as men' thing... MY MILEAGE VARIES. Unfortuneately, I usually require a bit of male beauty to spark my interest, though intangible qualities come a close second.

That said, I don't think I'd be hot to se a male stripper or anything. Unless maybe he had a very, very pretty face. Nice body and a face that doesn't appeal-- wouldn't get a second look. Pretty face with a body that spent decades in burn ward, and I'd still be interested. That's just the way I am.

That said, charm, talent and humor make up for a lot.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Even after my onanism thread, where I learned that there are people who can get off without thinking of people, I still find it highly odd to hear people say that there is NO visual component to their sexuality. It's just so alien to me.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
men are in general much more easily sexually aroused by visual stimuli.
An article I linked awhile back, "Sex Differences in the Brain", had some stuff on why men seem to be more visually responsive than women. I'm linking it again, just because it's been awhile and I find it so bloody fascinating.

For me and a lot of women I know, it can actually be a turn off if a guy looks like he spends too much time at the gym. I tend to assume his priorities are off, that he’s boring or jockish or not very bright. And I can’t shake it, even if it turns out to be unfair. It’s like when I see a guy in a hot car. Subconsciously I think, why’s he spending all that money on a car? Why isn’t he saving it instead, so he can buy more stuff for me?

[ October 01, 2003, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Deirdre ]

Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
The key point is 'more' and not 'entirely' or even 'mostly', Deirdre. For all that you say that women are turned off by a guy who's too buff or rich or something, I know a few million more who think the exact opposite. Men don't do the barnyard dance because they are idiots.

Don't forget that while men may be more visually stimulated, women are more stimulated by smell and social standing. I say this not as a first sally in some mysoginist flame war, but to say that I believe that women are no more 'deep' or inclined to percieve the 'real person' than men are. Reading this forum, this thread, you'd think that poor women! they just want to be loved for who they are and why won't men look beyond surface appearances. *sob* Please, o.k. Give me a break. [ROFL] Each sex would love the other to be more like them, but let's not be silly and lose all perspective.

On that note, I'd like to point out that I believe there definitely *is* a double standard between the sexes when it comes to sex and sexuality. Because of this, I think a lot of women are going to do everything they can to downplay sexuality in public because to engage in any kind of sexual behavior brands them as some kind of slut. I think, given the dominant religious streak that runs through this forum, that a lot of this is going on in this forum. I think there's a lot of posturing by some women (not you, of course) about how they just like a guy to be intelligent and well read or something and, my goodness, looks? how vulgar! Sex is just an afterthought after an evening of stimulatin' conversation. Get a thread about Ewan McGregor or some other stud of the month and you'll soon see those same women throw caution to the wind and declare some guy as 'hot'--because, you know, hot isn't like that sinful lust that guys have, right? I mean, 'hot' is really seeing a guy for who he really is, eh? [Evil Laugh]

Deirdre, I don't want you to think this post is directed at you, personally. I haven't noticed that you have a sexist attitude. I'm mixing things into my response to your response to me that is really directed towards the forum in general and not you in particular. My post as just venting. [Smile]

Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to go take a whiz in my shower. [Hat]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Does ANYONE here like men with long hair and leather?

Sigh.

Always so alone in my preferences . . . [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. I love short hair on men. Love love love. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Love men with long hair and leather....bikers... man, what a weakness. And Cowboys... <sigh>

Don't any other women think that those tight pants guys wear to play football and baseball are just a sight to behold?

When I was a teen (25 years ago) my best girlfriend and I would spend summer driving around town watching for male joggers. (I was driving). If we would see one, I would drive over real close to the curb and she would shoot them with a water squirtgun in the butt! HA HA What fun.

Oh, to be young again.

Don't think we could do that these days without getting arrested or shot back at. [Roll Eyes]

[Editted for misspelled word]

[ October 01, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but for pro football these days there are too many pads and not enough manflesh.

I've switched to watching rugby and Aussie rules football. There they still wear short-shorts too. Rugby world cup is going to be on shortly!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Call me crazy, but I don't think anybody's butt is attractive. Gag. I don't care if it's toned - it's a behind!

I think the most attractive masculine feature are hands.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
90 degree jawline with four days of stubble. *dreams*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the place I notice first is the upper arm, not just biceps because I don't like huge muscles, but more of the overall tone. I like being able to see the muscle line on the outside of the arm I think between the bicep and tricep.

The other muscle line I like is the equivalent one on the inside of the leg coming down from the crotch. You don't see that one in public very often, but being on a swim team for years it was one of the things I noticed. You can see the bottom of that muscle line from the front on the rugby guys wearing short shorts and on bicyclists in riding shorts.

For derriers I'll take a cyclist's rear any day.

This is just for drool factors though. IRL I'm perfectly happy with the guy I have, though he doesn't have many of the attributes listed above!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Water Polo. The TV coverage has underwater cameras. [Big Grin] I like a swimmer's physique, you know. Toned and balanced, but not bulky.

You know, I never thought for one second that SS was talking about me. [Smile] I tend to be fairly open about what I think is attractive in a man. My mother always was, too. I'm married, and a lifelong monogamist (barring accidents;)), so it never occurs to me that someone might think I'm a slut. [Evil Laugh]

I like a man's hands, too Annie. I usually notice them first, after the face. Unless they happen to not be facing me. [Evil]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I never thought looks affected me that much - I am much more attracted to personality and intelligence - until I was dating Michael (who is also brilliant and the kindest person I've ever met). I think I knew it wasn't right for a while before I could face it, but part of the reason I didn't want to face it (heaven forgive me) is because Michael is gorgeous. 6'4", thick blond hair, 90 degree jawline, twinkly Paul Newman eyes, dimples, and Ewan McGregor's smile. And best of all, he has no idea - he wasn't vain at all. I'd be thinking about things and rather unhappy and know in my heart I needed to say something, and then we'd get together and he'd smile at me and I'd forget all about it. Who knew I was so shallow? I had no idea!

[ October 02, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.