FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boston Hatracker picnic

Author Topic: Boston Hatracker picnic
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
December 16th-17th for the three in a row LotR showing, either at Fenway or Framingham.

Who wants in?

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I want in...can someone swing by Philly and pick me up first? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
That's exam week... It depends on what days/times my exams fall on. I hope I'll find out soon, cause all e-campus says is
quote:
Our records indicate that you have no exam schedule for this term.
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, its exam week for me too.

My brother is coming, *. Watch out if you can come, and sit next to him *Grin* he might attack you.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Must...effing...work [Mad]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mack, and anyone else. I will be in Boston

on November 21, if anyone wants to come.

http://donnathebuffalo.com/Showz.cfm

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
L of the R? oOOO. If I can get there by Train I'm there.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Work. Class.

Stupid 21st.

PICK ANOTHER DAY! [Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
There's already a draw to Boston, it's only about 11 hours away, and I know enough Internet tagalongs to make the drive economical and fun...
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, Mack, they will be in Fall RIV-vah next Saturday, the 11th?????
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on classes and such.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dang it, I forget. Who is the student at UVM who couldn't go to the last picnic?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, here is the deal. I will be the following places this week, and would love to meet any of you, or have you meet my favorite band.

Hey, Bob Scopatz likes them! They can't be that bad!

Higher Ground in Winooski, Vermont tomorrow night, Oct. 8th, at 8 PM

Fall River, Mass. Saturday night(10/11), at this place:

http://www.ncfta.org/

It looks like a great place for a picnic, actually. You can bring coolers in. I am bringing my kids. They are a band that is great for kids. My son is a nut, and dances up front the whole time.

They will also be in Portland, ME and Clifton Park, NY this week, but I have to work.

It really would be fun. Mack? Paul and brother?

If you want to listen to them, go to www.funkyside.com. There are lots of downloads there.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
bump bump bump!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Sorry [Frown] missed that elizabeth. Couldn't have gone anyways. Busy and stuff.

Anyrate, nov 21st is looking possible. Its AFTER my step sisters wedding.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Richard Berg... are you going to be at that LotR marathon?

My brother and I have tickets.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Paul,

After a wedding would be perfect!
By request, they played "Small Axe" for us Sox fans, a Bob Marley cover.(they haven't played it in over a year)("If you are a big tree, we are a small axe, ready to cut you down...")

I think we need a bigger axe tomorrow, though!
Go Sox!

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Well, actually, the wedding is in two weeks, but things are crazy right now [Smile] and won't be after that.
mackillian
Member # 586

So did she decide to have the posts help you hold it up or do ya'll have to dead-arm it?
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

As far as I know, we're still dead arming it.

Which means that after the honey moon, we're gonna dead arm her.

mackillian
Member # 586

Ask Slashy for pointers on monkey bumps.

*pat pat*

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
*mutters about a killer final on the Dec. 18th* Although if I need a break I might be persuaded.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
::persuade persudae::

(and if you can't make it, Sarah, you still must come down to Providence and check out the club scene [Smile] )

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

Ooo The MIT Press Bookstore Loading Dock Sale is going on this weekend.

Saturday, October 18th, 10am - 7pm
Sunday, October 19th, 10am - 7pm

Apparently they have sales on:

damaged books (minor scratches and dings)
out-of-print MIT Press books
journals back-issues
other publisher's overstock
and other stuff

It's all happening @ The MIT Press Bookstore
292 Main Street
Kendall Square, Cambridge
<http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?locate=mit_press_bookstore>

I'm considering coming up to boston for this if I can decide that MIT press has any good stats/ linear algebra books. Fun fun

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

You're worried about MIT!? not having good math books?
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

Good math books must be well written and have lots of examples. I'm sure the math in the books will be good no matter what. But a good math book to me explains it well. There are a couple "recommended" books that I'm particularly interestined in.

So maybe i should have said math books that will be comprehensible to me!

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

There were no good math books!!!! How disappointing. I did find a 200 book for 10 bucks though. But my mission failed miserably.

Also, where is a good place to eat around MIT? I realize that this is the 3rd time I've been in that area and not known where to go.

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Try Kendall Sq. or Central Sq. [Smile]

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
It's odd, I recently found a good c++ book in a desk I bought at Indiana University's surplus store. It's called Scientific and Engineering C++, An Introduction with Advanced Techniques and Examples. It begins with the basics of the language (assuming a decent knowledge of either Fortran or C), then goes all the way through some of the most complex ideas and constructs, yet in a very accessible way (to someone with an engineering or scientific twist of mind).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GradStudent
Member # 5088

- posted      Profile for GradStudent   Email GradStudent         Edit/Delete Post 
> Also, where is a good place to eat around MIT? I realize that this is the 3rd time I've been in that area and not known where to go.

There's a new Italian place in Tech Square that is pretty good. Atasca, at 20 Hampshire is excellent Portugese sea food for a reasonable price. Rebecca's on Main near the Kendall T is pretty good for sandwiches and salads.

Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.