FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MAFIA DAY 8: The Tale of Sir Robin...er...Sir Ryan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MAFIA DAY 8: The Tale of Sir Robin...er...Sir Ryan
Patsy
Member # 5699

- posted      Profile for Patsy   Email Patsy         Edit/Delete Post 
In the beauty of the sun dappled glade, Sir Ryan the Chicken Harted, incorrectly named Robin earlier in this story, proudly trotted, onward toward the goal...the glorious Cup of Christ...the Holy Grail. Behind him trailed his faithful servants, a musician and a lovely lady who could not carry much of a tune but thought Sir Ryan was cute.

The Troubadour sang beautifully, while accompanying himself with a small drum.

“Bravely bold Sir Ryan, rode forth from Camelot,
He was not afraid to die, Oh brave Sir Ryan,
He was not afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Ryan!

He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp
Or have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken,
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Ryan!

His head smashed in, and his heart cut out,
And his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged,
And his nostrils raped, and his bottom burned off,
And his peni--“

“Uh...that’s enough music, lad. It looks like there’s dirty work afoot,” brave Sir Ryan interrupted, looking a bit green.

“Brave, brave, bra--“ the Troubadour continued singing.

“Shut UP.”

Blissful silence.

The happy band continued forth into the forest, until they spied three knights impaled on an enormous lance, which was then thrust into the trunk of a tree. They did not look comfortable. Trembling a bit, Sir Ryan signaled his following forward.

Scant feet later, they passed three knights sitting on the ground, each with an absolutely huge axe through his head.

Terrifying music began welling up, until the tension was so thick, it was on the verge of making Sir Ryan wet himself.

“Stop it, merry band of players!” insisted the tremulous brave, Sir Ryan.

“It’s not me! It’s the background music!” cried the Troubadour.

“Oh,” said Sir Ryan. “All right then.”

Suddenly, Sir Ryan stopped. Towering before him was an impossible sight -- a huge Three-Headed Knight.

“Halt! Who are thou!” boomed the First Head.

Singing, the Troubadour replied, “He is brave Sir Ryan, brave Sir Ryan, who --“

“Shut up!” snarled Sir Ryan. Then lightly back to the three headed knight, “Oh, nobody really...just passing through, you know.”

“What do you want?” boomed the Second Head.

“To fight and --“ continued the melodious Troubadour.

“Shut up!” hissed Sir Ryan, and to the knight again, “Nothing really. Just to pass through, good Sir Knight.”

“I’m afraid not,” boomed the Third Head.

Standing a little straighter, Sir Ryan replied, “I am a Knight of King Arthur’s Round Table.”

“The square one?” boomed the First Head.

“It’s square?”

“It is,” boomed the Second Head.

“Then I am a Knight of King Arthur’s Square Table,” replied Sir Ryan proudly. In truth, his secret hope was that the Three Headed Knight would be so afraid of the very reputation of his brother Knights that he could get through peacefully.

“It’s pretty hard to be afraid of a knight who doesn’t even know if a table is round or square,” boomed the Third Head.

“Yes, there is that,” replied the First Head.

“So shall we kill him?” asked the Second Head.

“I don’t think so. He’s too stupid to kill,” argued the Third Head.

“He might not be stupid, he might just not know the difference between square and round,” said the First Head.

“That IS stupid,” answered the Third Head.

“Stupid is such a harsh word. Let’s say ignorant instead,” replied the Second Head, reasonably.

“Ignorant isn’t the same as stupid,” argued the Third Head.

“Yes, it is!” insisted the First Head.

“It’s not!” yelled the Third Head.

The Second Head just rolled his eyes. At which point he noticed that Sir Ryan had disappeared.

“He’s gone!”

“Brave Sir Ryan ran away,” sang the Troubadour.

“I didn’t,” Sir Ryan replied, irritated.

“Bravely, bravely, ran away.”

“No, no, no.”

The Troubadour cast a keen eye at Sir Ryan and continued singing,
“When danger reared its ugly head,
Sir Ryan turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Ryan turned about,
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave Sir Ryan,
Petrified of being dead,
Soiled his pants, then brave Sir Ryan,
Turned away and fled.”

“Okay, that’s enough!” Sir Ryan pulled out his long knife and threatened the Troubadour with it.

The Troubadour, pleased at this development, pulled out his revolver and pointed it at Sir Ryan.
“You can’t have that here!” squeaked Sir Ryan. “This is a medieval milleau!”

“I can. I can even show you my badge, if you like,” the Troubadour replied. “You’re under the arrest for the murder of Orem. Now come peacefully, ‘Brave’ Sir Ryan.” There was a touch of sneer to his final sentence.

“Damn. I wet myself,” commented Sir Ryan. And to adjust his armor, he raised his knife, which the Troubadour took as a threat.

He pulled the trigger.

The first bullet ricocheted off the armor and hit Rivka, the groupie. She collapsed, dead.

“Oops.”

He pulled the trigger again.

The second bullet hit Sir Ryan full in the face. With a loud clank, he toppled to the ground, his shield bearing his signature charge chicken covering him poetically.

Howling with vengence, the small screaming horde of black dressed spies swarmed the sun dappled glade, stabbed the Troubadour a dozen or more times, then swept off to parts unknown for the next scene.

CASTMEMBERS:

Damien, CITIZEN, died of natural causes
Eruve Nandiriel, CITIZEN, died of natural causes
Anna, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
blacwolve, POLICEMAN, killed by mafia
msquared, POLICEMAN, killed by mafia
newfoundlogic, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
Raia, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
rivka, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
Ryuko, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
T_Smith, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
Troubador, POLICEMAN, killed by mafia
Youth ap Orem, CITIZEN, killed by mafia
Damander, MAFIA, lynched
hansenj, MAFIA, lynched
Head Ditch Digger, MAFIA, lynched
jamaha, CITIZEN, lynched
Narnia, DOCTOR, lynched
Ralphie, CITIZEN, lynched
Ryan Hart, MAFIA, lynched
Zevlag, MAFIA, lynched

Avadaru
celia60
Erik Slaine
Feyd Baron
fugu13
pajeba
sarcasticmuppet
Sopwith
Synesthesia

Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, before Troubador was so rudely killed, he did verify that Celia60 is definitely Mafia!

Folks, I am a cleared citizen. By announcing Celia60 as a fedora-wearing, knife-wielding spy in the Court of Camelot, I'm short for this world.

Edit to add: Loving this Jeni, you've cracked me up time and time again. [ROFL]

[ October 01, 2003, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Sopwith ]

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So much for not dead yet. [Wink]

And they got another cop. [Mad]

Remember what I said!

*floats eerily away*

Wait a sec, I'm a Sir Ryan groupie? Killed by a mis-aimed bullet? [Laugh] I think I liked my last death better.

But Troubs sure got a great scene! *applauds Patsy*

[ October 01, 2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Her Royal Sweekiness
Member # 5747

- posted      Profile for Her Royal Sweekiness           Edit/Delete Post 
was there any indication that Troub was police before the hit?

evilcelia

Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just here to read patsy's wonderful comedy.

celia60

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, that's right folks, a vote for celia is a vote for a better tomorrow. only my death with show you what side i'm on.

don't be an idoit, vote celia! vote early! vote often!

i, of course, would never vote for myself, that would be even dumber than any of you not voting for me. of course, anyone i did vote for, you'd just misinterpret.

[ October 01, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Your advertisement is persuasive.

I'll make my vote celia60 then.

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even playing in this game and it seems clear to me that celia's mafia.

celia

[Razz]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Celia!

Burn 'er!

Burn t' witch!

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Now, Pod. You have to bolden your vote.

And that's why I am giving my endorsement to celia60

Patsy
Member # 5699

Rivka, I promise that your next death will be Pulitzer material. [Big Grin] Picking the scene for this one was pretty easy (it was either this one or the King Brian scene, which didn't actually make it into the movie but is a funny read from the script), but weaving you into it was harder. I didn't do you justice. But I'll make it up to you next time. [Smile]
Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Can I interrupt for a moment and just say celia60 ?
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have no choice in this. The hangman is eyeing me suspiciously, so no matter what I do, if this game doesn't end with Celia, I've got serious problems.

As a (likely meaningless) gesture of good faith, I'll vote celia60.

I really hope there aren't seven mafiosos, or my innocence is going to be proven in a most painful fashion.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

A vote for celia60 is a vote for progress!
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Vote early! Vote often! Vote celia60!
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
<peanut gallery>

A witch! A witch! Burn her! (celia)

</peanut gallery>

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satan
Member # 529

- posted      Profile for Satan   Email Satan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm waiting for you, celia60. We've got a lot of work to do.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MojoJojo
Member # 5570

- posted      Profile for MojoJojo           Edit/Delete Post 
I, MojoJojo would be remiss in my responsibilities as an evil genius if I could not count myself as voting for the evil celia who is currently being voted for in this thread, that I am now posting on.

*strikes evil pose*

Today, we will witness the fulmination of my, MojoJojo's evil plot do dominate the city of Townsville, and that plan, which is coming to fruition within this thread, that I am currently posting into! It will not be long before I strike down those cursed POWERPUFFS [Mad] and my evil plan of WORLD DOMINATION comes to it's climax! [Evil Laugh]

Ha! ha! ha! ha!

Posts: 18 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Mojo, and others, make good cases for this evil person, so, I will have to vote for celia60!
Patsy
Member # 5699

A stray arrow from the scene where King Brian calls for a close harmony group thwocks wildly into the gathering crowd, sinking feathers deep into MojoJojo's forehead.

Seventy five Saxons are written out of the story, leaving a large hole in the paper.

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Pickin' on a poor monkey! Oh, well. Is this a good time to vote for celia60 then?
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel bad for voting twice with the same name. But two names however...

celia

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Death, celia!

Come on in, have a nice cup o' tea. Meet the Misses.

btw, I am laughing much like this guy here [Evil Laugh]

The other students are looking at me. Perhaps I should stop.

[Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Post
Member # 5658

- posted      Profile for Ron Post           Edit/Delete Post 
-shift in-

celia's the evil babe today. [Big Grin] Vote for her. I wouldn't want to have to relocate my bladder.

-shift out-

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay folks, could we please ask that you only post in names of who you are in the game? It's only muddying the waters. Of course that could be part of it. Who are all of these?
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking. It could be pretty cool to vote for celia60!
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patsy
Member # 5699

Soapy, it's okay. For a moment I thought there was some ambiguity on the voting trend, but it's becoming clearer to me which direction the wind is blowing. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Hey! eslaine, get back to the Ghost Lounge. I'm still waiting on that drink.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*folds paper cranes*
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rivka... Aren't you dead?
Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*folds paper cranes fluffily*
fhqwhgads
Member # 5100

- posted      Profile for fhqwhgads   Email fhqwhgads         Edit/Delete Post 
i luv celia./
Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon45
Member # 4943

- posted      Profile for saxon45   Email saxon45         Edit/Delete Post 
60% of saxon75s prefer celia60.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for celia60 too.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
No question how to vote today: celia.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
AHAAAA! She's a sneaky one! Dang, I wish I could vote. [Wink]

Congrats on 5 mafia kills in 8 days!

rivka, I'm TOTALLY surprised that you lived as long as you did. You were one crazy vote-wielding citizen fighting for justice!!

jeni, you're a genius, these are hilarious.

There, that's my ghostly 2 cents. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pajeba
Member # 5656

- posted      Profile for pajeba           Edit/Delete Post 
Another police dead?? [Angst]
I am voting celia60 mafia now, as I will be gone for pretty much the rest of the day.

Great story, btw, Patsy [Wink]

Posts: 233 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Editor-in-Chief
Member # 5014

- posted      Profile for The Editor-in-Chief   Email The Editor-in-Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
celia60
Posts: 100 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snarky
Member # 4406

- posted      Profile for Snarky   Email Snarky         Edit/Delete Post 
celia60
Posts: 586 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm
Member # 4653

- posted      Profile for Sarcasm           Edit/Delete Post 
celia60
Posts: 276 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Obvious
Member # 4486

- posted      Profile for Captain Obvious           Edit/Delete Post 
It's gotta be celia60. Duh.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

Let me guess, celia is going to be lynched by the hordes of knights, shortly before they plan to take the french castle and are inturrupted. There are far to many extras in this scene...

Feyd Baron, DoC

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how I've dreamed of voting to lynch celia60. And now that dream is a reality.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia60 must die, but only for the entrepreneurial gain.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator's Mom
Member # 5720

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator's Mom           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to vote for celia60 because she's so cute in a noose. Now if I could only find someone suitible for my Trogdor

<sighs>

Posts: 16 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Celia, on principle, she's always trying to kill me in mafia games.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donny Osmond
Member # 5349

- posted      Profile for Donny Osmond           Edit/Delete Post 
My vote goes to celia60.
Posts: 79 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen Stefani
Member # 5753

- posted      Profile for Gwen Stefani           Edit/Delete Post 
hey baby hey baby hey girls say boys say...
celia60

Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
If all these people not in the game can vote so can I. Celia [Big Grin]

By the way in the very first mafia thread after the sign up thread I wanted to vote for Ryan Hart.

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Hart
Member # 5513

- posted      Profile for Ryan Hart           Edit/Delete Post 
Man...why did I have to be Sir Robin?

[ October 01, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Hart ]

Posts: 650 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.