FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just so they know where you went . . .

Author Topic: Just so they know where you went . . .
Dude Love
Member # 2437

- posted      Profile for Dude Love   Email Dude Love         Edit/Delete Post 
. . . . you should send them one of these.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feyd Baron
Member # 1407

- posted      Profile for Feyd Baron   Email Feyd Baron         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does this image keep running through my mind...

They must have hired a really evil and cruel person, just to be absolutely sure that someone is still around to push the send button.

I mean, how is a computer going to understand rapture? To it, everyone is just on a prolonged lunch.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
True, Feyd! And if they were so very cruel and evil that you could be absolutely sure they would never repent beforehand, wouldn't they find it a funny joke not to send after all when the time came? Wouldn't they not believe in the concept of the rapture at all? So how could you feel they were reliable? It's quite a dilemma. [Smile]
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
The solution here is really quite simple. The letters must be entrusted to a lawyer who will be required by the law and his ethics to send out them out. He'll be around to do so, obviously, because of his profession.

[Evil]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The solution here is really quite simple. The letters must be entrusted to a lawyer who will be required by the law and his ethics to send out them out. He'll be around to do so, obviously, because of his profession.
HEY, [Mad] I was considering law school ya know!

[Grumble]

[Taunt] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
What they don't say: "In order to ease the life of your unbelieving friends and family, we suggest you leave them with your credit card. After all (literally) you won't be needing it in heaven.

You can leave that secure information with us...."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I never did get this "Nobody's gonna believe what happened" thing. You spray books like mad explaining it all beforehand and somehow, after it happens, no one ever seems to have heard of them--they believe loony ideas like "nuclear disruption caused by pollution and fallout" instead.

Maybe the books will be raptured too...

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You spray books like mad...
I'm confuzzled. What exactly are you spraying books with?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.