FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » who else needs a mommy when they're sick?

Author Topic: who else needs a mommy when they're sick?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Me.

Am sick.

[Frown]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, stop that. It's silly.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww! [Frown]

::pat, pat::

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug*

[Frown]

Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm playing the Tough Love mommy.

But I'll still bring you soup and tea and set you up with a heating blanket and some cartoons.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Cartoons doesn't seem very tough love.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm sick now. I want cartoons.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
When I have the stomach flu, I like my mommy. I hate cleaning up barf, and my mom works in a nursing home so she's used to it. I'd say it only makes sense.

And real men watch chick flicks when they're sick...well, I do...there's not too much movement in them, ya know? I'd watch an action movie, but the spinning and dashing would make me dizzy, and I always barf when I laugh when I have the flu, so comedies are straight out. You have to pay attention to way too much if you watch a drama. But with chick flicks, there always so predictable that you can follow along even with a migrane.

'Course, if you don't have a migrane or flu, don't watch a chick flick or you'll get one.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I'm sick, but still capable of going to class and what not my strategy is to pretend I'm not sick. It doesn't work so well but at least then I don't need my mother.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon! Darn germs... [Grumble]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor mack. [Frown] I totally know the feeling! Feel better quick. (((((mack)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Give as many people the finger as you want. Feel better.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're faking, just to get attention.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*starts to thwap Pat on mack's behalf*

*realizes it'll help mack feel better to deal with Pat herself*

*leaves Patricia alone*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I wouldn't want my mommy. I'm more like a dog in that respect. When I get sick, I wander off to be by myself. [Wink] Seriously though, my husband would want his mommy (well, maybe not his but someone's mommy) and I want to be left the hell alone. He says when I die, he fully intends to find my body out in the woods somewhere. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I was sick yesterday, too. I hope you're feeling better today, mac!

I called my mommy, and then I slept a lot, with my kitten. She's so good to me. [Smile]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I'm with Kayla.

Just leave me the heck alone when I'm sick.

Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss my mom... [Cry]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll notice I said "A" mommy. Not MY mommy. eep. o_O

Am much better today. Thanks guys [Smile]

*thwaps pat*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you are better, mac. *pat, pat* Nasty bugs. [Frown]

I can recommend Hotel Davidson as an excellent recuperative spa. They wrap you in a warm pink-checked cotton blanket, serve you tea and soup, and give you lemon-ginger-scented massage oils.

[Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

My stars, do I ever love living in Madison.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Agh!

My body LIED!

Still sick. Seeing doc this afternoon. [Frown]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Update us after your appointment.

[Kiss]

(*dives, hides)

[Wink]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Doctor said I'm sick. [Frown]

Duh. [Roll Eyes]

She thinks it's a virus of some odd sort. Aleve, rest, etc. She scared the crap out of me when she said it could be West Nile. [Eek!]

Anyway.

I have class at six. Am wondering if I should be going. It's a three hour class and I didn't even last an hour at work today.

Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate it when my body lies to me.

Like last night when my wife asked if I was hungery, my body said, "No."

But and hour later it said, "Need food, now." and it wasn't even nice, It yelled at me.

So, I get a bowl of cereal. I was pouring the milk just as my wife walked in.

To make a long story short, she didn't believe that my body lied.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*pat pat*

My body keeps telling me it's hungry. Stomach even growls. I eat something light, and all the sudden, body doesn't wany food ANY MORE. o_O

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Mack! *sends some soup and tea through the cd drive* Fluids, lots of fluids are the key.

Whoever would have thought that my resident doctor needed doctoring? *giggle* Pampering, truly, is a wonderful thing.

*tries to ward off the oncoming sickness, herself*
*thinks Mack's big stick needs an update for virus protection*

[ October 03, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Christy ]

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Thanks [Smile]

Seriously. Do I try and go to class or just stay home and rest? Am thinking maybe I can rest tonight and be able to go to class tomorrow (which is a four hour class, compared to the 3 hours tonight). Both are the same class. I can get the notes from someone, I've done the reading, and I'm a quick study.

*thinks*

Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Buck up, you can be sick at school just as well as at home. Beside the more people who miss your next test because they are sick, the better the bell curve. So get to class and cough, alot.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Ew.
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were you, I wouldn't go to class. But you probably shouldn't listen to me, considering the grades I have because I've missed so many classes.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
scott, i wuv you. [Smile]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it worth going, signing in, and then leaving when you get tired? Can you get a doctor note?
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.