FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For those of you who lose your keys

Author Topic: For those of you who lose your keys
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
This has worked wonders for me. Unfortunately they have gone back up to full price.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
great. I thought I was a genius by coming up with the idea of a tv that pages the remote.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see someone stick it to their PDA or cellphone (like it says on the website).
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I have one attached to my cell phone, though not actually using the sticky adhesive they provide. I just used the keychain attachment to attach it to the loop of string on my cell phone.

I really am this absent minded, and it has already saved me considerable wasted time and effort searching for them. The base is magnetic and you stick it onto your refrigerator so you can find it.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if I saw someone wearing something like that on their glasses, I don't think I'd STOP laughing...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Yeah glasses would be a bit much because they are a little bulky. But if you were one of those old ladies with a chain around her glasses already and had it attached to the chain and slipped down your dress you would never notice.

AJ

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
great. I thought I was a genius by coming up with the idea of a tv that pages the remote.
You work for Magnavox??
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. If only I had put one of those things on the 800 dollar bonus tax check from the government!

I lost it today! Well, it might have been a week ago. I noticed it was gone today. 800 dollar check. Pathetic.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble is, when I lose things, I do it spectacularly. [Big Grin]

I left my Palm at a school banquet (fortunately, it was found and I got a call about it before I even realized it was missing). I've left my cell phone all kinds of places.

My keys have a hook by the door -- if I (rarely) forget to put them there, finding them can take eons.

My purse, which is fairly sizable, hides all over my apartment. I often find it by tripping over it. It does this on purpose, I think.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rayne
Member # 5722

- posted      Profile for rayne   Email rayne         Edit/Delete Post 
Alternatives for cheap people or starving college students:

My mom gave me a keychain that looks like a luggage tag with my home address printed on it.

And on my cell phone, the greeting message says "If found, please call Makala (my roommate)", I have her on speed dial, I figure that is easy enough to figure out if someone is going to return it

This is all assuming these things get lost where they could be found again.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. I should buy 2 of them. One for my stuff, and the second one to locate the first one when I lose it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Mr Funny,
Good point. I though it attached to a wall. I have seen handheld ones on As Seen On TV, when i was trying to search for this one. I kept thinking, OK, great, I have a thing to beep my keys. But where is the thing to find the thing that beeps my keys? Sad.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My mom gave me a keychain that looks like a luggage tag with my home address printed on it.
You may want to reconsider this, rayne. If someone who is less than trustworthy found your keys, they would not only have your keys, but they would know what house they fit.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I waw surprised to see this bumped!

The thing that beeps your keys in this case has a magnet on the back so you can stick it on your refrigerator. It is also bright purple so it is hard to miss. I haven't yet had a problem with losing it. A lot of times I can page the keys, cell phone and purse directly from the refrigerator and get feedback. Only if it is farther away do I actually need to take it off of the fridge.

AJ

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
CooL!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thanks, Banna.
rayne
Member # 5722

- posted      Profile for rayne   Email rayne         Edit/Delete Post 
It's actually my parents' home address, the keys are for my apartment. You're right, though. I think...maybe I should just get spares and be a grownup and not lose them
Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.