FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ROTK special showing with FOTR and TTT extended cities announced (Page 0)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ROTK special showing with FOTR and TTT extended cities announced
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't this what Wenchcon is for?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
well, yeah, but i don't think our hotel will have a theater.
[Big Grin]
I will still have LOADS of fun at wenchcon, though I'm going to this.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Lime and Vána, what are your plans for the special showings? Would love to go to them myself. Any else in the Chicago area interested?
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been able to find prices anywhere...where are you guys looking? I tried Fandango and they don't have it posted yet.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a Madison showing at the Ultrascreen at the Point -- but I don't know if I can take eleven hours of movies anymore.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure you can, Tom. And even if you can't, you can at least meet me! [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
AH, not at TINSELTOWN! WHy not Citiplace!

*goes off to grumble about good movies being shown in the worst theatre*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

- posted      Profile for cyruseh   Email cyruseh         Edit/Delete Post 
for those who will be traveling to springdale. I LIVE in springdale [Smile] I cant wait... though i dont know if ill have the time for all of those shows... But that theater is right up the street from my house and it is a good theater. I feel very fortunate.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
SWEET!! It's playing at the Uptown, which is the best action movie theater I've ever seen. And it's 1/2 hour from my house (10 min by car). I'm just hoping that not too many people have heard about this, so when I go to the Uptown before class on Thursday, there won't be a line. [Smile]

msquared - You have just made my week. [Hail] [Kiss]

[ October 07, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Miro,

I hope you are a female. I am a guy, and if your kissing me, my wife will be upset. [Smile]

wieczorek and cyruseh could you please contact me? I live in Dayton and my wife and I plan on attending. Thought you two might want to go with us.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sarcastic- Sandy is a suburb of Salt Lake. 9335 So. State, I think. I don't think I'll be able to go. [Frown] Hubby isn't into it and I have three tiny little kids.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you living in the Salt Lake area:

I'm gonna give in and plug the real premier event that will be happening in Salt Lake. You could come to this, Pooka, as you wouldn't have to come until about the time your kids got in bed.

Because the theater wouldn't play with us in Sandy, we had to move our TORN Line Party somewhere else. This is where the real party will be. And I mean party. We'll have gift bags, decorations, a costume contest, live music and more.

http://www.ringfaq.com/slcline/

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Just got off the phone with the theater and still no info on how they are going to handle the tickets at the Cincy/Springdale location. I just hope the tickets are not for sale over the internet. I would hate to drive down there and them be sold out.

They said that they should know more by late this afternoon. It sounds like they are thinking of making the three movies a package deal. One price, three movies.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I need to figure out what I'm doing for the Boston Common show.

Mutter. Can't believe its not at fenway or framingham. Oh well. Boston common is close, just need to figure out the best way to get tickets.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Miro,

I hope you are a female. I am a guy, and if your kissing me, my wife will be upset.

Oh, I'm female, but I don't see why that would make your wife feel better. [Wink]

Here's ticket info from theonering.net.

[ October 07, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Miro ]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Svidrigailov
Member # 5147

- posted      Profile for Svidrigailov   Email Svidrigailov         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTK... what is the first thing that springs to mind. Romance of Three Kingdoms... Turns out it is just Return of the King by that one tolkien guy... how disappointing.

I think someone should start a serious ROTK thred with Lubu some how involved.

Posts: 28 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright xnera and other Chicago-type people - Lime and I will be going to the two consecutive Saturday showings. We cannot do the Tuesday mondo-showing, because of work. [Frown] But if anyone wants to meet us for the Sat. Chicago showings, just let me know (e-mail would be best)!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

msquared, are you taking a day off of work for this? I mean, I would like to go, but I cant take any time off of work. Or, do you go see the first one monday night, second one tuesday night, and then the third one wednesday?
Posts: 879 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I have scheduled 1-1/2 days off work. I will leave work on Tuesday around noon and get to the theather around 12:30. I have 1/2 day scheduled off for that. The next day I will see ROTK three times at a theater here in Dayton.

Bummer if you can't get off work. I had my days scheduled last Jan. 2.

Luckily I had a day of vacation left, so I am using half of it for the Tuesday showings.

Even my wife is coming along.

My biggest fears were just allayed. The internet tickets sales will not happen until after the box office at the theater opens. That means they will not sell out before I can get there tomorrow.

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

hmm, i have to think about this... Depending on how they sell the tickets, and what times the showings are. We'll see. What time are you coming down tomorrow?
msquared
Member # 4484

I called Springdale and they say that they open at 11:30am for ticket sales. I will probably leave at 11:00 or so. I figure it is about 1/2 hour drive.

She did not know the show times or the cost. I keep hearing that they are going to do one ticket for all three, no cherry picking. Anything in the $25-30 range would be fine with me.

As to show times, New Line originally said 3/7/11 but I don't think the cinemas have to stay with that. It makes sense, unless they want to put in intermissions. I have not heard that the Extended versions have intermissions built into them, so get out your catheters. [Smile]

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

I could maybe do the 3/7/11 time. I would just take off of work a little early. I should be able to do that. We'll see.
msquared
Member # 4484

I will know show times tomorrow.

I just hope they put it in the biggest theater that they have.

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

Im pretty sure that they will. Have you ever been to this theater? Its a really good one. Nice people, lots of theaters, stadium style seating. Just go 75s to 275w. Then, get off at the springdale, route 4 exit.

(here is some info if you have not been there before, once you get on 275w, the first exit is for springdale, but its the 747 exit. You dont want to take that, you keep on going to the second exit, which is for route 4, springfield pike.)

msquared
Member # 4484

Already have my Map Quest map printed out.

I have never been there but it has to be similar to the Showcase Dayton South, where I usually see the movies.

Travle time according to Map Quest is 27 minutes. I am betting I beat that by at least a couple of minutes. [Smile]

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

oh, another word of advice... 75s right before 275 is under construction. 2 weeks ago, I saw it backed up for miles. So you might want to plan on it taking a little longer. Usually, it is only about 30 minutes. Ive made it from that exit, up to the bookstore OSC was at last time, in about 30 minutes.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The theater in Chamblee, GA is evidently not in the best of neighborhoods. I don't know that for a fact, but a friend who lives on that side of town calls it "Chambodia". Not really sure what he meant. Afraid to ask.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Only about 3 more hours until I go and get my tickets.

msquared

msquared
Member # 4484

It looks like my brother and his daughter will also be going with us. Now I just have to work out when to get down there to get a good seat for the movie.

I need the middle front row of the top section. The one with the railing in front of it. That way I can stretch out my legs(6'4") and have easy access to get in and out for potty breaks.

msquared

cyruseh
Member # 1120

Let me know what the ticket prices are like, so I can decide. Thanks!
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhm, not sure about there, but the tickets in Salt Lake were sold out by 9 this morning.
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cyruseh
Member # 1120

uh oh... [Frown]
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
$90 dollars later, I've got tickets for the UltraScreen showing for me and two of my friends. I am so excited.

Our show starts at 2, which kind of sucks, especially since I've got a final that morning that's supposed to go until 12:05. Too bad I'm finishing in an hour and getting my arse out there. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I have mine. $25/each.

msquared

msquared
Member # 4484

cyrush

I just called at 2:55 and they still had some for sale.

msquared

Miro
Member # 1178

I wasn't able to get tickets. It's sold out. [Frown]

I know this is about a million-to-one chance, but does anyone have an extra ticket for the DC showing they'd be willing to sell me? *gets down on hands and knees to beg*

[ October 09, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Miro ]

cyruseh
Member # 1120

msquared, whats the schedule?
MaureenJanay
Member # 2935

- posted      Profile for MaureenJanay   Email MaureenJanay         Edit/Delete Post 
Yee HAW...Tucson!
Posts: 264 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Ken and I have tickets!

::bounces::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

At Springdale the first movie starts at 1:15, the second at 5:30 and the last one at 10:00. I would be surprised if they are not sold out now.

msquared

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a ticket for the Salt Lake City showing.

My best friend got a ticket for me as bait to come and visit. He stood in line with his sister for 48 hours to get tickets. There's going to be a party.

I'm being tortured. I want to go!!!!

[ October 10, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, I'll drop by and wish y'all well -- but I've resolved that I'd much rather watch those movies on my own schedule. [Smile] Sitting through ten hours seems more like an endurance test, a way of proving myself a "true fan," than something my old bones would enjoy anymore.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Yeah right Tom. I am 40 and have been waiting for this for the past year. I sit on my but for 8 hours doing somethng that I don't really like doing as a job. Sitting for 10-1/2 hours at something I really enjoy is not a big problm for me. It is just your contrary nature. [Smile]

msquared

unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Katharina we have tickets for SLC too! You deffinitely need to come down and see us. Unfortunately I don't think our little Elijah could sit through all the movies so he will be with a babysitter.
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Hope is alive again. [Smile] The Baltimore theater doesn't start selling tickets until tomorrow, and my friend who goes to school up there is going to try and get them.
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I read a thread and see that someone's sn is an EG character (without any puncuation), I find it quite intriguing... [Smile] ... the majority of the names have been taken (as I had first tried a bunch of other names), but I rarely see any posts from these original people. [Hail]
Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

SUCCESS!! My friend was able to get tickets for us!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

wieczorek - I'm flattered. [Smile] But if you look at unicornwhisperer's post, right above mine, you'll see that she has a much lower member number. So I'm not as original as some. [Wink]

msquared
Member # 4484

On CNN last week.
Special showing sold out.

How many of you bought extra tickest to scalp? Wish I had thought of that.

msquared

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ellen Silla Lumen Omentielvo. Naur An Adraith Ammen Silla.

Rhaegar The Fool

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Here is a whole listing for people who want to get tickets.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=lotr+tickets

msquared

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.