FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I have my special LOTR tickets

Author Topic: I have my special LOTR tickets
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to the theater about 11:30 and there were about 10 people already there. I had called yesterday and they said that they box office opens at 11:45. I walk up and there is a sign that the tickets would go on sale at 1:00PM. I was pissed. Just becuase of the internet. [Grumble]

So I wait in line. The manager said that he is in control of access to the internet sales for his place and that they would not be available until after 1:00pm. So I get my tickets at about 1:15. The people ahead of me are buying 10 and 17 each. I got tickets 86-89, out of 500.

So I got them.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
coolness. Steve and I talked about it, and we decided that we would rather wait till they all come out on dvd with extended versions. That we can pause and take potty breaks at will, and maybe stretch it out over a weekend.

We will miss the big screen experience though. Let us know how good it was!

aJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I plan on doing that next Christmas. It will be my oldest sons first exposure to the movies.

I am going to my parents house and use their big screen TV with Surround Sound.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. My four tickets do not let me know how fast I got them compared to others. Hehe.
I got there about an hour after the theatre opened. Looked like plenty of tickets on sale.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Paul

If the theater is part of the National Amusements chain, look at the bottom of the ticket. My 4 had serial numbers on them. That way they can tell if they are over sold.

They only open half the seats for the internet, so the first 20 or so people were pretty sure of getting tickets, but I know one guy bought 17 tickets and two other guys around me each bought 10 so between the 4 of us we bought 41 tickets with only 4 people in line. 250-500 tickets goes quickly at that rate.

msquared

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got tickets 176-179. Not sure out of how many though [Smile]

Edit: Check your email M to the second [Smile]

[ October 09, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Paul Goldner ]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, poo on you ALL!! May your bladders explode and your butts fall asleep. [Cry]

yeah, I'm not bitter.

[Wink]

[edit to add that I'm not sure if I spelled that word up above right...] [Big Grin]

[ October 09, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
yay!
ken and i got tickets, and Bernard is coming to see us!

::bounces off of walls::

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Got my 3 at 12:01am PST (3am here). Don't suppose anyone's attending in San Antonio?
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I would so love to go to this. Stupid...freaking...school... [Wall Bash]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I know where I'm gonna be on Dec 5th @ 7:30...

I also know what non-specific illness I'll be getting (I have to call in sick so that I don't waste a precious vacation day).

Edit: Crap, I didn't see that it was for the extended version of LotR: FotR (I didn't like it very much)

[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

[ October 10, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: slacker ]

Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.