FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Woot! RPG Gamers of the World Rejoice!

Author Topic: Woot! RPG Gamers of the World Rejoice!
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! YES! Final Fantasy VII is BACK! Square is once again breaking their no sequels rule with Final Fantasy VII: Advent's Children! *does a little dance*

It looks AWESOME. Abso-fricking-lutely awesome. Better than FFX. Plus...no more cliffhanger ending! Way to go Square!

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*

w00t.

Thank you.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, dear. But it's not a game. It's a direct to DVD FMV movie. I'm still uber looking forward to it, despite my miserable failure to beat the game...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
How exactly is this an RPG? It's more of an adventure game with RPG elements.

Now, if you were going to talk about TSR buying back the rights to D&D, setting up shop back in Lake Geneva, WI and bringing GenCON back to Milwaukee... then I think the RPG gamers of the world would rejoice.

Spank you.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Milwaukee doesn't deserve GenCon.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, PC, I agree. [Big Grin]
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Yes, and Indiana, the state with the highest number of known KKK members in residence, deserves it more than Wisconsin. Go back to playing basketball, Hoosier-boy.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should adopt a new word for RPGs — like the German term Rollenspiel. Then define it to include all RPG's made east of the Pacific Ocean ...

[ October 18, 2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: A Rat Named Dog ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive my ignorance, guys... I'm not american (I do'nt know how many of you readed my introduction thread - I'm Brazilian). So, could someone explain to me what is KKK?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Kooky Killer Klowns. They're kinda ridiculous looking, like coneheads in ghost sheets, and run around towns trying to cheer up poor minorities by burning lower case 't's on their lawns ('t' for "time to cheer up"). It really brings minority communities together, and attracts a lot of attention from such prominent institutions as the ACLU and NAACP. [Big Grin]

P.S. Eduardo - this is not a serious post. Somebody will give you a serious answer in a few hours, I'm sure. Maybe. I hope.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Hey, Indiana successfully kicked the KKK out of our politics, and without anybody else's help. The KKK headquarters has long since left.

Besides, we're pretty sure that's just because we have more people than most of the other states popular with the KKK.

A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, the Ku Klux Klan is an organization that was formed after the civil war by racist white people, who basically used the organization as a tool to anonymously persecute and lynch black people. While the violence has calmed down a bit over the years, they still stage large-scale protests and rallies that do little more than embarrass the town they are held in.

Klan members identify themselves by wearing pointed caps, white robes, and sheets over their faces — the garb they would don to mask their identity during a lynching. Americans in general despise them. They are basically considered the absolute low of American society, perhaps one and a half steps above the Nazis in Germany.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thanks for the explaining about KKK, guys. Well, you must think I'm preety dumb not to know that, hun? ;-)
Sheesh...guess me and my not so light skin should be away from those guys, hehehe.
Well...let's talk about nicer things, like...gaming stuff. Why did GENCON moved so many times in recent years?

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

GenCon had always been held in Milwaukee up until this year. They moved it to Indianapolis because, as a larger city, it can handle the crowds better. GenCon is not as big as DragonCon, but it's certainly up there.
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh heck. Well, I screwed that bit of info up. Well, it DOES look good, and it's more FFVII goodness...I guess it works out okay, eh?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Indianapolis is a great city. Really. It's improved a lot in recent years.
Jexxster
Member # 5293

- posted      Profile for Jexxster   Email Jexxster         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I have never understood anything Final Fantasy. I tried to play VII, VIII, IX, watched "The Spirits Within" and all left me feeling like I had been robbed of something dear and precious to me, my time.

In fact, I had no idea they were even considered RPG games until long after I had spent many, many hours with other CRPG offerings such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and (my personal favorite) Planescape: Torment. I still have a hard time reconciling FF games to the same category as those, but that is just silly old me.

I still intend to give this DVD a chance though.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Indy is a great city, and personally I think that one of the greatest RPGs of this new year, is Lionheart, its getting bad reviews, but im addicted. And the KKK is just a bunch of morons, youve got nothing to fear man, they couldnt figure out how to lynch a person with fifty of their brains put togther.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
I lived in Indianapolis for two years, admitedly in my extreme youth. I loved it. I have nothing further to contribute to this thread. [Smile]
Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Indy!
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Indianapolis has improved DRAMATICALLY over the last ten years, and is now a good place both to live and visit.

That said, Lionheart blows chunks. It's one of the worst RPGs I've ever played -- and that's made even worse by the knowledge that it COULD have been one of the best, but was somehow touched by evil. It's like an alchemist came and turned gold into dung.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*
LotR RPG is cool
*cough*

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.