FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No Halloween for Me

Author Topic: No Halloween for Me
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year, but I will no be able to participate this year. 6-week old boys tend to put a cramp in your social calendar. I love Ryan to death and would not trade any of this time for anything (maybe sleep, but nothing else), but I will miss my favorite holiday this year.

No Halloween HorrorNights at Universal.

No party at my coworker's house. I've loaned her some of my goodies like blacklights, bloody hands and legs, skulls, fog maker, etc.

Very few decorations at my house cause all the kids in the neighborhood have grown up.

[Cry] I just want to scare the poop out of some small children. Is that so much to ask for?

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Why limit it to a certain time of year? Become a creepy recluse and freak people out year round! ^_~

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

This is the only time of year I can convince my wife that it's socially acceptable to have a coffin sitting in the front yard and a skeleton hanging in the tree.

K's weird that way.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you could scare the poop out of Ryan! *giggle* Or at least change the poop. [Wink]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Christy: [Big Grin]

I'm working overnight in the ER on Halloween. Anyone who stops by to see me gets candy.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a tendency to put up new halloween decorations each year without ever really taking down the old ones.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Christy - [Big Grin]

We have some neighbors who have kept their
lighted, animated deer in the front yard all year. At least they don't keep them plugged in.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Some neighbors of ours just put up their Christmas lights a week or two ago, they light up the whole street!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm working overnight in the ER on Halloween. Anyone who stops by to see me gets candy.
Are you encouraging people to wear all black and play in traffic?
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to go up to Gainesville for Halloween. [Grumble]
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
AHH! Whoa! When was the baby born?? Where was that thread? How on earth did I manage to miss that?? [Angst] [Angst]

...Oh, yeah. Schoolwork. Stupid, evil schoolwork, keeping me away from Hatrack and making me miss really important events like this! [Wall Bash]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
CT: How do I get there?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Z...you should console yourself with the following thoughts:

1) Ryan will be your excuse to go door-to-door on Halloween for years to come! And at least for the first couple of years, he won't even mind if you take some of his loot.

2) Mrs. Z will not be able to resist making cute costumes for both of you. And nothing says "love me/squeeze me" like needing your wife's help to get your homemade costume unzipped. You lucky dog!!!

3) You can scare the poop out of all the young adults in your neighborhood by going to their houses, leaving Ryan on the doorstep with a note pinned to his little costume saying:

"Hi, my name is Ryan. Are you my daddy?"

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no, Bob! [Eek!] Oh no, no, no!
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.