FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Unabashed fandom

Author Topic: Unabashed fandom
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody this dirty should look so yummy.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I second that motion! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! The bearddle cometh!

*runs away*

(if you missed the thread eight months ago where I discussed his yucky not-quite-beard-but-not-quite-stubble=beardle, then this parenthetical citation is for you)

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so in love with Aragorn.

And Viggo.

Lime, too, but...you know. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Blushing]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaydayDesiax
Member # 5012

- posted      Profile for MaydayDesiax   Email MaydayDesiax         Edit/Delete Post 
There's something about dirty, sweaty men that somehow turn women on... I mean, look at Arwen, the most gorgeous of elves, she's in love with him.

Besides, who could turn down King Hobo? [Wink]

Posts: 873 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
::Drools::

Sooooo much better than Legolas.

::Sops up drool::

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(drool) Some people have New Zealand accents, and those are hot. Aragorn/Viggo is a severe hottie.

O... M... G... Check this out.
O_O (dies from the hotness)

[ October 31, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Their faces look strangely skinny and tall in that pic.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
dude, sean looks totally surprised that someone is taking his picture.

still very pretty, though.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn has always been my favorite LOTR character, even before I saw the movie. Even the name is cool to say. With a face as nice as this though I can't help but melt. Though I do have to ask, how does one get so dirty? I noticed that by the end of both Harry Potter films the characters had remarkably grimy faces, though we don't see their faces come near dirt. It's like danger causes dirt to become unusually attracted to the face and cling there causing the evenly spread coat of filth that enhances the features instead of mere smears like those appear in everyday life and appear to disfigure faces.

edited for grammar

[ October 31, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Audeo ]

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, a bunch of little boys!

Except the one on the left. *steals the one on the left*

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, Kat likes the scowling one.

This explains the Snape (or should I say Severus) fascination.

Then again, I like them all [Big Grin] .

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
He's not scowling! He's, um, intense. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a buffet, right?

I payed my $10.99, and I want the whole buffet.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Ralphie, though I think the side of Legolas might cost extra.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::takes notes::

Uh-huh...

Sweaty...
Dirty....
Accent...
Buffet...
Mmmmmm.... Buffet....

I have a question. Girls find accents hot, right? Well, would someone in England/New Zealand find an American accent hot? Cause I can do a mean American accent.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Tsc...I've been listening my girflirend (and her female friends, and my female friends, even MY MOTHER) raving for Aragorn and Legolas' good looks.

Misteriously, though, my girlfriend don't let me stay more than 1 day without shaving...

Women...who would understand... Brazil, U.S. ...different countries, same weirdness [Wink]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, T. The American accent is the world's most unattractive accent. Especially the Utah accent.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::goes off to study foriegn languages::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Try French. Chicks dig French.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry, T. The American accent is the world's most unattractive accent. Especially the Utah accent.
Which explains why Mormonism developed the Mission.

Young males travel to distant lands and learn foreign tongues, thereby making themselves more attractive mates to propogate the Mormon species.

[Big Grin]

[ October 31, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Caleb Varns ]

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, ana kata.........that link brightened my day considerably. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Young males travel to distant lands and learn foreign tongues, thereby making themselves more attractive mates to propogate the Mormon species.
But there's more to it than that. Missionaries come back with stories and souvenirs and increased spirituality. Returned missionaries are like Mormon supermen.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ya, that and the idea that returned missionaries have had no dates for 2 years, and that there are those girls that really like the returned missionary idea.
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew my aversion to shaving was a good thing.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Misteriously, though, my girlfriend don't let me stay more than 1 day without shaving...
Do you have any idea how painful it is to kiss a guy with stubble. It looks great on Aragorn, but you know, I doubt I'm ever going to have to worry about kissing him. If I was, the stubble would probably have to go, even if it would sacrifice a very small portion of his good looks. Good looks aren't worth anything if you can't do any thing with them.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, people! Just thought you would like to know:
Viggo Mortensen will be here in Brazil next week. He'll be here for 10 days. He'll go to tv talk shows (probably "Jô Soares" talk show, the biggest one over here), give interviews...oh, yes...he will treat 10 fans to a fancy dinner with him. Don't know yet how they will be choosen.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say he looked okay when his hair was relatively clean during the council at Edoras. Stubble is a pain, but after about a week it starts to feel alright. I would rather my husband kept a beard than freshly sharpened stubble all the time.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you have any idea how painful it is to kiss a guy with stubble.
Unless you like that sort of thing. [Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

[Smile] Yes! Ralphie! I used to ask my boyfriend not to shave on the weekends. He said he had to shave during the week for work. But I loved the way the stubble looked and felt. [Smile] I guess I'm just weird like that.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hotness , here , there, over here , way over here , there, yowza!, shazaam! , and over here.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
i knew there was a reason i joined this forum.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Narn! You're killing me!

*fans self*

aside: does anyone know why I can't get "tiggertailz" and "about.com" websites to work? I'm missing about half the pictures *sob*.

Perhaps it is just as well.

*continues fanning self*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, but there's so much more fine, hot, beautimous, sizzliciousness, right, here.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
How about some Legolas? [Wink] One, Two, Three Four, Five.

And some more of the beloved Aragorn...
King1, King2, King3, King4.

[ November 01, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: Abrynne ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

aragorn -- good. legolas -- very good. hobbits --yes, good.

did anyone else notice on the ROTK preview on The Two Towers dvd that the guy who plays eomer, karl urban, looks really really good there?

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abrynne
Member # 5826

- posted      Profile for Abrynne   Email Abrynne         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed yes he is a cutie. I prefer his Actual look to that of Eomer. But he looks good as both anyway.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

i couldn't find a good picture. that one will do. and i agree, he's much better as himself.

[ November 01, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

ana kata
Member # 5666

I think this picture of Eomer is nice. And this one too. He does seem to be angry a lot, doesn't he? But he looks very good that way. [Smile] And finally here is one to just say how awesome it is that they got everything single blessed thing right in the visuals. Minas Tirith could not be more perfect than that. I'm so very glad for how lovingly they rendered everything just like it is in the book.

[ November 02, 2003, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

fiazko
Member # 5812

*squeals with glee and curses the fact that i should be more sophisticated than that*
ana kata
Member # 5666

Oh, and how could I leave out the tenderest, most passionate kiss of the whole trilogy?
Enigma
Member # 4005

- posted      Profile for Enigma   Email Enigma         Edit/Delete Post 
snicker snicker
Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
talk about a buffet.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.