FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Which female LOTR character would you like to marry? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which female LOTR character would you like to marry?
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that many will say Arwen or Eowyn, but for me, the hottest female is Rosie Cotton. I can't hardly wait for ROTK so that we can see her again.

msquared

[ October 31, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: msquared ]

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
uh... your title is a little redundant and repetitive and redundant.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh -- which one was Rosie Cotton again? (not that it matters -- I'm female and have no interest in ANY of them in that way).

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to pick Jar Jar, she was hot in that movie.
Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I like it when I see moments of glaring gooberdom from msquared.

I put them in my arsenal for later use.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Rosie is Sam's hobbit girlfriend. Down to earth and doesn't take any bull.

Ralphie, I am honored you would take the time from your busy schedule as an employed person and my sex slave to post on my thread. Now back to your cage.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
If we are talking movie I would definately have to Say Arwen. Liv Tyler, mmm....

but if we are talking about the book, I always found Eowyn to be the most attractive. I've always liked tough take charge women.

Of course now that I love the movies so much and have seen them so many times it is getting harder to picture the characters as I once did. I find this is a problem for me for GOOD interpretations to film.

Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I'm afraid I'm no longer your sex slave, msquared.

Your last two checks bounced.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I thought you liked rubber?

msquared

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Not as much as scratch.
msquared
Member # 4484

So we have determined what type of woman you are and are now just haggling over price?

I protected you in the last mafia game you know.

msquared

Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Females? In LotR?
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Padmé.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacare Sorridente
Member # 1906

- posted      Profile for Jacare Sorridente   Email Jacare Sorridente         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second padme.
Posts: 4548 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Padme is hot but she just married the second most evil person in the universe. You have to question her judgement.

Rosie on the other hand serves a mean tankard of ale and can dance.

msquared

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Padme is hot but she just married the second most evil person in the universe. You have to question her judgement.
No, that's just more of a reason to steal her away and show her what a real man is, right?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn- If a girl can kick my ass, I'll love her for life.

-Rhaegar The Fool

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should go expose yourself to Catholic School Girls?

::joking::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

You want to get her husband mad at you? A guy who has a light saber? A guy who can strangle some one with out touching them? Go right ahead. [Smile]

msquared

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as Rosie to RotK this winter. [Wink]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Her husband Is a prince, Ill give him that, but see, Im just so darn sexi, she'll kill 'em first.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

I meant Jon Boy. Faramir is a pansy and I am sure that Eowyn wears the pants in that family.

msquared

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
oooh Galadriel

or if I'm in the mood to go Au Naturale, Miss Goodberry.

Look out Tom, I want Goodberry.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Hopefully she won't be wearing any when I take over.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
You want to get her husband mad at you? A guy who has a light saber? A guy who can strangle some one with out touching them? Go right ahead.
That's why you have to be a Jedi master yourself. Duh.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

Jon Boy,
Now I know who you are. You are that kid on that internet video.

msquared

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Oh, please. Not only am I about half as wide as that guy, but I'm also slightly more coordinated than that.

[ October 31, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

msquared
Member # 4484

So you say. I am betting not.

msquared

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Galadriel. She's got her own place, she can tell you which horse to bet on, and she'll never get old.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I promise that I'm not as klutzy as that kid!

*falls down*

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Éowyn. RotK may well make me start sobbing uncontrollably.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please, Padme? You'd have a more exciting time with someone inflatable.

[Razz]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

In my world, Padme is inflatable.

[ October 31, 2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Padme is hot but she just married the second most evil person in the universe.
So who do you classify as the first?? Sauron? I thought HE was hot. Looked like a kitchen utensil. Yowza!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Numero Uno: Emperor Palpatine.

But don't tell him that. It'd go straight to his head.

Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] @ Nate!
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Are you laughing at my inflatable Padme doll!!?!?!
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
In my world, Padme is inflatable.
Another one like that, Nathan, and I'll have to keep you in my basement.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I say let's vote for the guys, too. LEGOLAS!!! [Big Grin] Oh, yeah!

I was Eowyn for halloween. [Big Grin] Lots of fun, I got to swing a sword around. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Dibs on Aragon. Only the most perfect guy ever!

My friend and I have decided that instead of "What Would Jesus Do?" which contains all sorts of theological difficulties, all guys should ask themselves "What Would Aragorn Do?" and then they would all be perfect, too, and it woudl be great. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

http://www.theorlandobloomfiles.com/amusement/onlinepaperdoll/paperdoll.html

Thats for all the Orlando fans out thar.

-Rhaegar The Fool

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Someone thought Sauron was hot! Yeah! I was...I mean...he was wicked in that black armor, kicking elven and mannish "behinds"! [Evil Laugh]

I would marry Galadriel. Although I like Eowyn, I just can't forgive her for slaying my...ops...Sauron's most trusted lieutenant, the Witch King. [Grumble]

Time to take my medicine. [Smile]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was Arwen for Halloween, but Eowyn was always my fave in the books.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was Eowyn for halloween. Lots of fun, I got to swing a sword around.
I wanted to be Eowyn this year, but had no time (and no talent) to make a costume. A friend of mine did though. She's my most fav character. If I ever have a brain cramp and have a daughter, I'll name her Eowyn.

Last year I tried to be Galadriel, I was going to wear my mom's wedding dress and a circlet my sis made of aluminum wire. I figured the dress would fit (size 11). It was okay unitl I tried to zip the thing up---my back and shoulders are too broad. [Frown]

So my sis wore it instead. I went as a devil [Evil]

Toss up between Legolas and Aragorn........yummy

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
The paper doll link is a riot. I'm so impressed. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

Thankee, then check these out.

http://www.orlandobloom.co.nz/elftest.html
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2003/04/22fellowship.html
http://users3.ev1.net/~eekfrenzy/captionspage/badfotrcaptionsx.html

-Rhaegar The Fool

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which female LOTR character would you like to marry?
Annie. She saw the movie, that's close enough for me. [Big Grin] [Kiss]

Actually I don't think any of the females are all the attractive, since all the ones that are good looking seem to be weak inside and all the ones that are strong inside seem to be self-centered or seem fake. Now if you're talking about the books that's a whole different story...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, I've always thought Eowyn was just so cool. She totally kicks butt. I really love the whole Rohan culture, too; it's so awesome!

As far as looks go: Legolas
Personality: Sam
In real life: Viggo Mortensen. He is a really great guy, and so dedicated to everything he does. To bad he's in his forties, that's too old for me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

*Sees Eowyn Drools*
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

Eowyn does not drool! [Wink]
[Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.