FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who would play you in a movie? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who would play you in a movie?
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
All this talk in another thread about movie actors playing a particular historical role got me thinking. I wonder who would be best to play, well, you! [Dont Know]

There are only two major rules that apply to the picking, although only your closest associates would know if you were cheating. 1) They must at least superficially look like you. 2) They would actually be able to play you and get away with it.

If you are brave enough to post a side-by-side picture of you and the actor, that would be even better.

For me I would say Anthony Michael Hall in his younger days; and with glasses.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Brad Pitt. If only so all the movie-going chicks would think I look like that.

(In truth, I'm much closer to Tom Cruise than Brad Pitt. But they don't need to know that, do they?)

- - - - - - - - - -

Since Frisco posts so rarely on Hatrack, I'll handle his end of this. He'd definitely be covered by Liza Minnelli. Or if we can afford to wait, maybe her love child with Anna Nicole Smith.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
This was answered by a number of people on this thread, though more information was requested, and fewer rules given. Good readin'.

Welcome to Hatrack.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to say I kindof look like Russel Crowe with a bad hair day.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Weird Al Yankovich with a buzz cut. Seriously...right now, my mom looks suspiciously similar to Weird Al, aside from the shoulders. And people say I look just like my mom, if she had short hair and broader shoulders.

So, yeah.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose, thanks for the heads up. Still, too much information. Besides, this is MY thread [Wave]

[ November 01, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Occasional ]

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Good point, Mike. Someone should revive that thread. Someone with clear eyes and a swelling chest and powerful biceps. Destiny's calling collect, Mike -- will you accept the charges?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
First I read the question wrong and though it was : Who would you play in a movie ? I had an answer : Fleur Delacour from HP, if I wasn't too old. But I have no answer to your real question [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Not that there's any real danger of a movie being made about me, but I'd have to say the closest one could come to playing a "young" me is Sean Astin. For the middle-aged me - Dustin Hoffman.

They're both too tall, though.

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently Milla Jovovich. *looks grumpy*

But apparently I SOUND like Jodie Foster.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say a cross between Jodie Foster and Drew Barrymore. Once I lose some more weight, of course. [Smile]
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked my sister this question...she said Cameron Diaz.

I said no way.

She was like "well, you're both tall and have that boyish figure----though she's more girly----and you both have the same kind of face..."

I still say no way. Maybe, if her hair was 3 feet long and blonde (REAL blond).

I think the best actress to play me would be the girl who played 'Stephanie' in The Goonies. I dress kinda funky (not 80s funky). I wear glasses (small frames). I have that same deep voice (been mistaken for a man on the phone). And I just really have that strange kind of face.

But my hair is 3 feet long, not 3 inches.

Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a serious lack of (younger) teen-age movie actresses. I'd have to wait about ten years to answer this question. Besides, all of the people who play high school students on TV are always like, 25. Everwood is really the only show that comes close to actual ages and even then I don't really look like any of the actresses.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
all of the people who play high school students on TV are always like, 25
Do you mean nothing is lost for me playing Fleur Delacour ? [Wink]

[ November 01, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 23 and LOOK like I'm a teenager.

[Mad]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
A younger version of Gwenneth Paltrow with brown hair and brown eyes. [Dont Know]
I have been told I look somewhat like her.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's an oft-hinted at secret that I am, in reality, Monica Bellucci.

I neither deny nor confirm these rumors.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Just make her cheeks a little chubbier [Smile]

mack, you don't look like a teenager!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris Elliott, unfortunately. [Frown]
Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
If they made a movie with me in it... I'd kind of like to play myself.

Other than that, iIknow anyone who could do as good as impression of myself than I can. The only person I get told I look like (occaisionally) is Legolas (long straight hair) and the girl from the Princess Diaries (the Princess Girl).

But not since I got braces. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno if sarcasticmuppet will post on this thread, but I don't care what she says, she's being played by Renee Zellweger. [Monkeys]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told constantly that I look like a wide variety of celebrities. Though I may look like them, the only one that I would let play me in a movie would be Toby Macguire.

Some of the more common ones:

Reese, from Malcolm in the Middle
Jim Carrey
Carry Ewles
Hayden Christensen

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told by the two men that I live with that Liv Tyler with straight hair would play me. I dunno, though.

There are people on Hatrack who have seen my pictures-what do you think? [Dont Know]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told I look a bit like Pink.

http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars/pink-gig03.jpg

http://www.foobonic.com/gallery/usr-hatrack-jatraqueros/acs

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
halle berry.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Really, Myr, mack DOES look like a teenager.

*grin*

Just ask all the people at West Point who thought she was a cadet.

I don't see Milla Jovavich, though. Hmm. I'll have to look her up in the imdb, I think. BTW, mack doesn't photograph right. It's because her beauty is dependent upon movement, I think. I'll need to videotape next time she visits, to test that theory.

To play me in a movie: sadly, I think I am dependent upon the (dubious) acting of Rosie O'Donnel. Or Kathy Bates. A young Kathy Bates.

Sigh.

ETA: Ralphie knows she is secretly Angelina Jolie. She should stop pretending that she is Monica Bellucci. Really. Stop it.

[ November 01, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: jexx ]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
according to one of my litte brothers, i would be played by this guy. .
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Edward Norton, I suspect.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If he weren't already a'mouldrin' in the grave, Jerry Garcia...
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lavalamp
Member # 4337

- posted      Profile for Lavalamp           Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to play myself, but I want a stunt double for all those scenes where I had to be packed up and moved from place to place.

<shivvers>

[ November 02, 2003, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Lavalamp ]

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I once won a Lara Croft look alike contest, but I think it was mostly because of the hair and the fact that I have no hips. And maybe the gun strapped around my leg helped.

You all wanted me to say Shakira, I know it.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, my first reaction upon seeing you for the first time (besides "hey, she's cute") was "She looks like an upgraded Angelina."
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told that I look and act exactly like Conan O'Brien. But I've also heard that I look like Tim Robbins. Whatever.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
(I still think mack doesn't look like a teenager, but that quite possibly could be because I *am* one [Wink] )
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
Bonduca says that Brendan Frasier's a lot like me.

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told I look a lot like Beck when I have slightly longer hair than currently. Right now I don't know.

BTW Jeffrey, you'll be pleased to learn that some people have been listening to your advice. I am obtaining a copy of Color for Men (and another book or two that I saw recommended on men's fashion by other people), and when I have somewhat more of a budget (a month or two) I will be upgrading my wardrobe considerably. You should start a thread on how to have a good wardrobe on a budget [Smile] .

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Nate, you don't have to suck up to me that bad. I was going to be nice to you on the plane anyway.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Damn. T's becoming a member of the Mile-High Club this young?

It's cuz he looks like Matt Damon's lovechild, I know it...

Jill
Member # 3376

- posted      Profile for Jill   Email Jill         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd play myself.
Posts: 274 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starla*
Member # 5835

- posted      Profile for Starla*   Email Starla*         Edit/Delete Post 
Ladyday, I'd say yes. But you look better than Pink. [Smile]
Posts: 463 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
Fugu13,

Excellent! [Smile] Two other great books on men's clothes are buy a guy named (if memory serves) Flusser. The books are "Style and the Man" and "Clothes and the Man". The books talk about good suits, good casual clothing, how to fold a pocket square, how to tie a tie, where to buy great (but alas, very expensive) clothing, and so on. Truly a great resource!

A good way to get excellent clothes for not a lot of money? Go to the really expensive designer stores (Neiman Marcus, Hugo Boss, Armani, Zegna, etc.) but only look. Get an idea of what's stylin' ... and then buy the clothing someplace else, such as at a Marshals. Now you know what good clothing looks like, you go to a place like Marshals that has cut-price but reasonable quality mechandise, and you simply sift through the garbage and get the good stuff.

I buy a lot of ties, belts, and other accessories at Marshals. I usually shop Rockport for shoes; a bit pricy, but not as expensive as other good manufacturers.

Also shop the outlets. Be prepared to walk hours and hours just to find ONE good item ... or sometimes not even that. I bought my black Armani suit at the outlets, and though it was STILL nearly $1,000, that suit has been my favorite article of clothing ever since.

Brooks Brothers outlets are a really good place to get staples: dress shirts, sports jackets, traditional suits, etc. Also Brooks Brothers sometimes has sales: I got a nice tan poplin suit for $300 once. It's great for summer wear.

Make sure you note the colors, cut, and fabric that's "in" this year. With suits, you can always go traditional, but with casual wear, you need to pay a bit more attention. Of course, you can never go wrong with subtle solids in a polo shirt and slacks. [Smile]

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm.

There's a Brooks Brothers in Saint Louis. Anything else I'll have to search a bit for.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be JFK, jr. Now I'm turning into Wilferd Brimley.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
The best way to get good clothes for very little money is eBay. It beats outlets, thrift shops, and resale shops.

As to the topic at hand...

I asked the person who sees me every single day and, apparently, he still does not know what I look like. Dr.M said Kate Hudson or Charlotte Ross. Both of them are blonde and are nothing like me in looks or personality. He is color-blind, but still...

My best friend said Jennifer Connelly, but I think it's just because we have the exact same coloring, hair, and eyes.

I have a very generic WASPy look and people always tell me that I look like someone they know or someone on t.v. I've gotten, at different points:

-Sandra Bullock
-Jennifer Jason Leigh
-Parker Posey
-Katie Holmes
-Liv Tyler

The annoying thing is that no one ever knows the names of these actresses when they say I look like them. It's always, "You look like that girl from Speed" or "You look just like the Dawson's Creek girl."

I guess I'll go with Liv Tyler.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think of anybody who could be me.
Nobody looks average enough.
[Frown]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I could be played by any Asian actor (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Cambodian, etc.), because, you know, we all look the same.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda thought that you were going to be played by John Saxon.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Just find any hard-hat wearing, over weight, orange-vested person on the side of the street and you pretty much have me.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought of another actor who could play me! Danny DeVito is about the right height and shape - he's got less hair on his head than I do, but he's still a good candidate.
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Julia Stiles for me. I had a long conversation with a good friend about this once and we both agreed on her in the end. Though she has brown eyes and I have blue. She is also more coordinated than I am, but I think because of that she could pull off my klutziness.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.