FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So my Mom got married today

Author Topic: So my Mom got married today
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
My Mom (who lives in Wichita, KS) called me up this evening to let me know that she got married. She works for the DA's office there, and her fiancee called her up, asked her if it was okay if he came up for her lunch-break, and they got hitched. [Eek!]

She tried to call me, but could only remember my cell phone number, or else I would have gone up there for it. [Frown] But since she figured that I wouldn't get the message, she had the bouquet made up of purple and white dendrobium orchids and a couple of white (but not red-she remembered no red) roses.

Upon asking her if they took pictures the answer I received was: Not a one.

!!!! [Eek!] !!!!

Oh, well. I'm happy for my Mom and Karl, and hope they lead a long, farming life together with their big dog.

I love my Mom to death, but boy is she spontaneous!

[Party] [Kiss] [Party]

(edit for graemlin irradication)

[ November 03, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: BelladonnaOrchid ]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Wow!!

Well, congrats to them both!! [The Wave]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::chuckles::

Spontaneous? Just a bit.

Anyway, good news! [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! That's gotta be both cool and very aback-taking at the same time. [Wink]

[Confused] Why not red roses? I didn't get that memo.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
You're a much nicer person than I am. If my mom got married and didn't invite me, I would be *really* pissed. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, guys, thanks. I'll take any congradulations for my Mom, since she isn't here to accept.

Rivka-because I hate them.

Storm-she would have, but she'd left my home number back at her house and she was at work. I have informed them both that they now have lots of sucking up to do. They had been warned that if I wasn't at their wedding, then sucking up would commence.

It should now be commencing.

They've already lived together for about 2 years, now. I have no idea what to send them as a wedding present.

Anyone think a bale of hay would be appropriate? [ROFL]

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, the shipping charges would cost more than the gift. [Wink]

And that's so sweet, that she made sure not to use a flower you dislike. So she was clearly thinking of you! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't invited to my mother's wedding either. You learn to deal. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
When I think people say Vincent and I are doing too quick when we tell people we get married in May just now ! [ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

I wonder if my brother knows yet. He's stationed somewhere in one of the Carolinas, and Mom told me I was the only family that knew.

Hmm...

If only I had his email.

(I know, that sounds aweful. My brother and I get along horribly, but still, it'd probably be nice if he knew, too.)

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, congratulations!

I like the bale of hay idea - I beleive you can sometimes find them in smaller sizes, for table decorations. Less expensive shipping that way. [Wink]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
BellaDonnaOrchid

I LOVE your mom's spontaneity! If I ever get married again (which I won't) that would be the way to do it! Forgot spending time on the wedding -- spend time on the marriage!

I work in downtown Wichita, so if you want a bay of hay delivered, just let me know! (I also live on a farm -- I commute). Wouldn't she be surprised!
[ROFL]

Sorry you couldn't make it up here for the wedding. I would have bought lunch for a fellow "Hatracker" that actually shows up in Wichita...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, yeah, gifts for the couples that are already living together are tough. maybe a prepaid cellphone with your number stored in it? [Wink]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz to the happy couple.

Send them a box of instant rice. What else would go good with a quick wedding?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

FarmGirl-then I may just let you know next time I head up that way.

Celia-Ha! That was absolutely grand! If she didn't already have a cell phone, I would do that.

I may just take Dan's idea of minute rice, dress up a small crafter's bale of hay with white lace and little sprays of those glued-on-beaded plastic wire, and send that to them. [ROFL]

That sure would make them eat their shorts, but it's along the lines of Karl's (that's her...er..husband) sense of humor.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.