FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your country needs you!

Author Topic: Your country needs you!
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
...as a selective service board member.

I can't imagine that this is anything but a precautionary measure. If the draft was restarted, I think it would solidify resistance to the war (by actually making people have to, you know, do stuff for it...:/) and shift public opinion in a way that would mean certain doom for any administration that would try such a thing.

Still, the fact that the Bush administration is looking at it is interesting, no?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
There will be no draft and i can't ever see a time when there might be one again.
Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
"Draft the Hippies!!!"

--written on the sidewalk outside my dorm

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*signs up to be on draft board*

Next thing I'm doing is writing to the Governor to get the recommendation, and a good number of lower level important people to send recommendations to the governor.

I want to see how hard it is.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.