FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » laptop batteries

Author Topic: laptop batteries
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they make any that last longer than 4 hours?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If it takes you four hours, I'd suggest that maybe you're not doing it right.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
-lll-
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
Centrino laptops are supposed to have battery life up to 6 hours. Can't say that I have tried it though
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] @ Eddie!
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
Short answer: No.

Long answer: There are some laptops that are built to allow an extra battery to be used in conjunction with the main battery to extend laptop life, but batteries made for specific models are usually not really interchangable with others, so you won't easily find another battery to switch up. If you can, use the make and model of your laptop to look up whether it can use a "modular second battery," though you can usually tell by looking to see if you have extra space on the side opposite the CD drive where there looks to be a panel about the size of the CD drive (or, in higher-end cases, a whole second CD drive or a floppy drive). That is the modular port, and you can use an extra battery (sold, conveniently, by wherever you bought the lappy).

Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.