FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Voice of The Rabbit (or Rabbit on the Radio)

Author Topic: The Voice of The Rabbit (or Rabbit on the Radio)
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be interviewed on KRCL (90.9 in Salt Lake City) tomorrow for their Radioactive call in show.

If anyone in the area wants to hear my voice, it is from noon to 1 pm.

[ November 12, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagnabbit, is there a feed?

Is it NPR? *googles*

Almost forgot: COOL!!

Added: [Frown] It doesn't look like there's a feed.

[ November 12, 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] Why can't there be a feed! I want to hear the show!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

By the way, Rabbit, I hope things have gotten resolved, and are going better for you now.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Here's an article on the station - Salt Lake ONLY independent station. It sounds really cool.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a live feed.

Here is link

http://www.krcl.org/listenlive.htm

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewR
Member # 619

- posted      Profile for AndrewR   Email AndrewR         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see...Salt Lake City is one hour ahead of San Diego...or it is the same time? No, that's only during daylight savings time because they don't follow it...no, no, that's Arizona. Utah is...uh...

Do you know what time that is, PST? [Blushing]

Posts: 2473 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

The broadcast will be at 12 noon MST

that translates to

2 pm EST
1 pm CST
and
11 am PST.

I have no idea what time it will be in Arizona, Hawaii, Alaska, Russia, Australia, Bangladesh, Nova Scotia, Argentina or Nepal

katharina
Member # 827

This is on Thursday?
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Yes, This is on Thursday Nov. 13.

Here is the link to the program

http://www.krcl.org/radioactive/index.htm

The Rabbit
Member # 671

Shameless self promotion
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
12 noon in Salt Lake city is:

11:00 am in Arizona
9:00 am inHawaii,
10:00 am in Alaska,
between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am the next day in Russia
3:00 am to 5:00 am in Australia
1:00 am in Bangladesh
3:00 pm in Nova Scotia
4:00 pm in Argentina and
Nepal doesn't follow standard time zone rules - I believe they're off of a standard by a half hour. [Razz]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they know you are The Rabbit? Or will they be calling you by some real life pseudonym like Bonnie Tyler or something?
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I tested the live link, and it seems to work ok, even on my slow dial-up. But I have someone coming over tomorrow at 11:00. [Frown]

Is there going to be an archived version afterward? Or could someone make one for me? I'd love to hear this.

[ November 12, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or did Annie's list just skip the entire continent of Europe? [Eek!]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Bonnie Tyler?

'I need a hero! I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the niiiiight! He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be tough, and he's gotta be fit for the fiiiight!'

Somehow, Rabbitt just doesn't seem the type . . .

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

I don't know why people go by these odd noms de vie. When their true online identities are so much more well-known. [Big Grin]

[ November 13, 2003, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for Al           Edit/Delete Post 
What is The Rabbit's true identity . . . and what will the radio interview be about? I'm not getting something here. Should I be excited too?
Posts: 237 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Scott R, Not that Bonnie Tyler,

This Bonnie J. Tyler

[ November 13, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

I'm on in 30 minutes for anyone whose interested. I'm getting a bit nervous. I've never done a radio interview before.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
just take a deep breath. don't sweat it, it's really not very nerve-wracking because you can't tell that there are people listening to you. just relax, you'll be terrific [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't make the links work!

*panics*

I'm actually home in time to hear it and I can't make the links work!

*panicsmore*

[Angst]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Yaay, Rabbit [Smile]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Listening right now.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to get my puter to record it, but it didn't work. [Frown] Did anyone else record any of it? Or does the station archive programs in a downloadable form?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Well, its over now. It was a bit unnerving. We were invited to speak on the War on Terror and somehow ended up talking about gay marriage. And people think that hatrack threads get hijacked.
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Grumble] I had to be in a meeting!
katharina
Member # 827

Rabbit, you were great! Very articulate. I learned a lot about you I hadn't known before as well. (I tried as hard as I could to not make that sentence stalkery.)
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
(grumbling because my computer refused to play it...)

Any chance of a transcript?

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Thanks Kat!
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you handled the violent subject derailment quite well, Rabbit. It seems like that guy was more interested in controversy than in real answers.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Too bad there wasn't time for an "Ask Dr. Rabbit" call in segement at the end of the show.

If a transcript of recording of the show will be available online, I'd be interested in reading/hearing it.

The Rabbit
Member # 671

I'm afraid that this had a far more serious tone than "Ask Dr. Rabbit" which is perhaps too bad.

I don't think I could have done "Ask Dr. Rabbit" live. I'm not quick witted enough. I always come up with the perfect retort when the moment has past.

ana kata
Member # 5666

I wish I could have heard it! I sure hope somebody recorded it and kept a copy. Please someone email me a copy or put it up somewhere so we can listen? It would be so cool to hear our very own Dr. Rabbit being interviewed! [Smile]
Noemon
Member # 1115

You could do like the Car Talk guys, getting the caller's question in advance, scripting a reply, and then acting like your responses were all off the cuff.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I can only come up with witty responses in the moment, given time to think about it I will forget what I was thinking about.

--ApostleRadio

Welcome to the radio rabbit. glad it went well.

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.