FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To all D&D fans out there: PBEM. Let's roll dice! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: To all D&D fans out there: PBEM. Let's roll dice!
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever way you decide to talk about this, my AIM nick is ApostleRadio and my current email address is jeff@mourningaftermusic.com

Feel free to contact me either way. lets get this party started.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, the happy people who will play the online D&D Campaign are:

- Sarcasticmuppet
- Gottmorder
- Human
- Belladona Orchid
- Polemarch
- Prolixshore
- Farmgirl
- Ryuko

As we have 8 people who can start playing right now, there was no point to select 6 or 7. I'm willing to stretch a bit and start with a bigger group. It is funnier to have more people to kill around [Evil Laugh]

Please, all above send me (on this thread or privatelly, to sauron.rlk@terra.com.br, an e-mail address from which I can contact you. I'll be creating an e-mail group on Yahoo!Group as soon as you send me info. Then, we can start creating characters and stuff).

I thought about playing (or discussing at least) here in Hatrack, but I guess it would be too offtopic, don't you agree?

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polemarch
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for Polemarch   Email Polemarch         Edit/Delete Post 
tedviss@aol.com
Posts: 468 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think after thanksgiving would be a good time to start, as a bunch of us might be incommunicado.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it! Sarcasticmuppet was the first player to roll the stats for his character: 15, 08, 13, 12, 11 and 16.
AIM's dice rolling tool is amazing!

//roll-dice# (for d6 - # is the number of dices)
//roll-dice#-sides# (all the others)

I'll be on AIM (Hatrack Chat) everyday around 22:00 (GMT -2) until everybody rolls, ok?

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

And yes...after thanksgiving it would be right.

Er...when it will be thanksgiving? It's not a Brazilian holyday, you know... [Dont Know]

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Dracofire87@netscape.net
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
This is funny. I bet nobody will be able to guess where I got my sn from.

BelladonnaOrchid@hotmail.com

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

What's your AIM screenname eduardo?

Mine = ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanksgiving is Next Thursday, the 27th.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

my AIM Screen name is "EduSauron"
Hard to find, eh? ;-)

Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
xenxanier@hotmail.com

AIM screenname: Nyq9

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

quote:
Hard to find eh?
It would seem that way. I haven't seen you online yet, and I'm online all day, so that's odd.

I gave my email address earlier on the page, so if I still can't find you later, send me an email eh?

--ApostleRadio

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

prolixore (Apostle Radio) rolled: 15 / 11 / 13 / 5 / 15 / 14
Ryuko rolled 7 / 15 / 12 / 15 / 14 / 15

prolixshore
Member # 4496

Yeah that's right, I rolled a 5, you got a problem with that? lol
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I don't have a problem with that, but you might have [Wink]
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Well, errr, yeah. I guess I might. Eh, who needs high numbers anyway. Oh wait, I do. Darn.

--ApostleRadio

Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
12/12/12/12/15/8

Curse you single digit number! [Mad] [Razz]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Everybody has one. Everybody up to now, I mean.
The highest is sarcastic's 16. Way to go! :-)

prolixshore
Member # 4496

wow gottmorder, thats a lot of 12's. Could we be a little more well rounded?

--ApostleRadio

Gottmorder
Member # 5039

uh sure...

18/18/17/16/15/17 (I only wish)

[Razz] [Big Grin]

BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! That was great.
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
hey prolix, just put it in Charisma and do your best Leto impression...

::dives for cover::

Kidding! Kidding!

[Taunt]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I was plannin on stickin it in charisma and modeling it after me in real life. But whatever.

[Wink]

--ApostleRadio

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

That's great considering my score was so low on the first round of rolls I had to start the whole thing over.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

YOu got to start over?

I wanna reroll my five!

::Whines::

no fair.

[Wink]
--ApostleRadio

Human
Member # 2985

Uh...did I mention I know nothing about creating a char?
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

I can give you a hand with that if needed.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

I'll need help too.

Oh, and AR, my first roll was so absymal that Ed said it was too low to be allowed. It was like 5, 8, 2, 2, 4, and 12.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

That sounds great muppet, you should have kept it. People would all feel sorry for how sad you were. [Taunt]

We should all get a little help with characters. It's been a number of years since I have done this, and I think it was under a different rules system.

Plus the only other time I did this I ran the thing, so I didn't make a character.

--ApostleRadio

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, there's always point-buy....
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Ah, point-buy isn't fun... Oh, the joys of rolling a 18 or 17, the dread of rolling as low as 3, 4, 5 (hello, apostle)...all that is lost. [Evil]

Guys...I'll help everybody to make characters, don't worry. I'd just like to roll stats with everyone. Unfortunatelly, I still don't have AIM Screen names for

- Human
- Belladona Orchid
- Polemarch
- Farmgirl

I ask the above-mentioned people to contact me and give their Screen Name at AIM so we can go to Hatrack Chat and roll characters. Of course, i may, if you prefer, roll your numbers at home, with my dice, and post them here.
After everybody have numbers, we proceed to make characters.

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Redblade3e Character Generator
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

DracoFire87 is my AIM nick.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to prefer point-buying systems over dice-rolling. You get to build your character around a concept, instead of the other way around. I think my favorite was the Amber system's stat auction.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never actually played the Amber system, but I've read the equivalent of the Dungeon Master's Guide, and have always wanted to try my hand at it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
You should. It's a good system and a pretty interesting game universe as well, in my opinion anyway.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Human just rolled his stats, for 17 / 12 / 14 / 7 / 16 / 12.

Lucky pequenino. [Smile]

Now I'm just waiting for Belladona Orchid, Polemarch and Farmgirl so we can proceed.

People...what are your Screen Names on AIM, and when can you meet me there? (If you would rather have me to roll dice for you, tell me so, and I'll do it gladly [Evil Laugh] ).

[ November 19, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
AIM -- does that mean AOL's IM program? Mine on there is Pribb2 (although I hardly ever turn it on, so I will need to do that).

I use mostly MSN Messenger -- where you can find me either through the e-mail redbud211@hotmail.com (which I use at home) or pribb@iwichita.com (which I use at work)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

My Aim Screenname is orchidchaos. I've already put yours on my buddy-list, and I haven't seen you online to IM.
Polemarch
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for Polemarch   Email Polemarch         Edit/Delete Post 
TheAntiTed
Posts: 468 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Polemarch, I saw you sent me a message on AIM. I was already asleep. Should have turned AIM down. Now you are on my AIM buddy list, and we'll meet more often.

Belladonna Orchid already rolled: Her numbers are 15 / 11 / 9 / 15 / 15 / 11
Sorry we could not talk more. My third-world dial-up connection was up to no good today.

Well...six already rolled. Only two to go!

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Polemarch just rolled:
15 / 16 / 11 / 13 / 13/ 10

Plus...I created an Yahoo Group for this game. Sent invitations to all players . Please, answer it so we can begin.

Are there people who would like to enter the mail list just to follow the game? If you want, I can put you there, with "read only" status.

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Sarcastic, you're the only one who did not accept the invitation to enter the D&D yahoo group. Did you receive it or you want me to re-send it to you? If you received it, please, accept it.

Farmgirl, you're the only one who has not stats rolled yet.
As soon as everybody is on the mailing list, I'm gonna shut down this thread, I guess. So, if anyone who is not playing want to join the list to read messages and follow the game, please tell me so A.S.A.P. [Smile]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Eduardo, I'd like to follow the game.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Noemon, send me an e-mail to sauron.rlk@terra.com.br and include the e-mail address you want me to add to the yahoo group, please.
Noemon
Member # 1115

Done!
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Ok. All players are on Yahoo Groups! Noemon, as lurker, is also there. Does anyone else want to watch the game on Yahoo Groups? If nobody asks, I'll let this thread slide down.
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Wow, this yahoo group is all funky. I get some people's messages immediately and others I get hours later. It took 7 hours for me to get my own message!

Hehe, could make things interesting.

I want to kill the monster! Too bad, it died 5 hours ago...

--ApostleRadio

Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Don't worry, apostle. It won't happend. I'll wait for everyone. [Smile]

Well...do you know any e-mail group service better than yahoo groups? If you do, maybe we could try out.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.