FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How is posting nude empowering to women? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How is posting nude empowering to women?
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry; I just couldn't resist the Dobie (I haven't done that many, really).

I thought that on the Internet, no one can tell if you're naked. Though, I imagine that women sitting naked at the keyboard* could lead to a larger than normal number of typo's (typically involving the space bar and/or the control keys, I would imagine).

*Not that I spend all that much time imagining women sitting naked at their keyboards, mind you. This is just a hypothetical!

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Ralphie should field this question? She's the expert.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Ss, either the women you are picturing are cradling the keyboard close to their heart, or you have a wildly optimistic opinion of the power of female underwear.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
And how is posting nude more or less empowering than posting in undies?

Do towels count as clothing?

[ November 14, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: ludosti ]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
actually, we should have ALR weigh in on this as someone who has, in fact, posted topless.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Why the spacebar and the control keys? Nevermind. I'm sure I don't want to know.

Sometimes the baby I am nursing will punc some keys. Hope that rained on your parade.

[ November 14, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
OOOOOH! Webcam! Webcam!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've posted topless.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he was saying that our breasts would hit the keyboard... which seems weird to me. Gravity is seldom that unkind, I think. Unless you're an alien with prehensile udders, in which case you could probably type with them. [Evil]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::thinks::

::pictures::

::thinks some more::

::walks away smiling::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

T! Don't yours do that?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

No, I'm too busy playing with mine to let them even get close to the keyboard. [Wink]
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! Now this is my kind of thread!!

Posting nude reinforces my feeling of empowerment over the patriarchal standards which comprise our society. By refusing to kowtow to the rigid demands of posting fashion and etiquette, I'm affirming my right to independence and indecency.

Also it means I don't have to spend 15 minutes trying to figure out where my bra went before I check on the 'rack.

[Wink]

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "checking the 'rack" doesn't it?
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding breasts, gravity, and keyboards...you didn't really think that the Chicago police car in Blues Brothers could fly, did you?

--Steve

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

What does a police car have to do with breasts and keyboards?
Olivet
Member # 1104

xdlp msd nbb t

Nope. Can't do it. [Taunt]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

There's an image that's going to be stuck in my mind for a while...

And I won't put either ::shudder:: or ::smirk:: down.

Edited to add: You know, for someone without breasts, I find it some what funny that for the past 7 posts, I have every other post. So, I'll try to limit myself on the breast spree... [Big Grin]

[ November 14, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You will find many more women posting in the nude at WWW.Hot-Rack.com (I just made that site up. I have no idea if it goes anywhere. Don't sue me.)

of so I am told.

Not that I'd ever go to a web-site like that.

Or give them my credit card.

Or like, make it to their favorite client list, not that I know if they have a favorite client list.

um.

Just ignore this post.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, as much as I've been Grumpy McGrumperton lately I have to say - I love Hatrack for this topic not being perceived as an open invitation to about a million CamWhores.

That said, I find posting naked empowering because freeing up my hands like that allows me to simultaneously drink coffee.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I can sense that I'm going to have a great time at Ralphie's place.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
What if I'm wearing a skirt and not sitting in a ladylike fashion? Am I still empowered?

I mean, I think my knees are showing! [Eek!] (Or would be, if anyone were under my desk to see them.)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Ralphie, wouldn't posting naked make drinking coffee be extremely dangerous. We are talking hot spillage here.

[ November 14, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Knees don't count. Well, actually, that depends on what forum you post at.
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be more concerned about all the guys who are now trying to type one handed while reading this post. This may be as close to the real thing some of them get and, well it a scary thought.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. I guess I remain hopelessly unempowered then.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
I love Hatrack for this topic not being perceived as an open invitation to about a million CamWhores.

I think I'm an internet provincial - I don't know what you're talking about, but I suspect that on other forums, people would be posting pictures? *mows her Hatrack lawn and trims the Hatrack roses around the mailbox*

[ November 14, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Ralphie
Member # 1565

come see my website!!!1 it has a webcam! be sure to renembre to type in my nikc xx2_HOT_4_Uxx and tell me wot u think of me by siging my guest book!!!! have fun lolol!!11
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Oh good heavens, please say it isn't true. *hides under her Hatrack covers*
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
:sends thread to time-out:
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Some language, but worth it in the name of education.
katharina
Member # 827

There are entire worlds I am unaware of. With that as the alternative, why would anyone EVER leave Hatrack?
ludosti
Member # 1772

The best line ever: "Have fun, it's your life and it's your body: cheapen it!"
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*wipes tear*

I love Hatrack.

eslaine
Member # 5433

- posted      Profile for eslaine           Edit/Delete Post 
It always empowers me when women post nude.
Posts: 2506 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I don't have an internet connection at home, so posting nude for me would have quite a few consequences. *whispers* I have, however, occasionally removed my shoes.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Engorge, empower. They're essentially the same thing.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

You forgot enlarge Frisco.... [Wink]
Frisco
Member # 3765

Have you been reading my email?!
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Who wears clothes when they are at home, by themselves? [Eek!]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found I can't post any way but nude. Fortunately this empowers women by showing them in a very clear manner that white males are not inherently more powerful, deserving or attractive than they are, especially when seen from the side.

I get a lot of flak when I post from work, though.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
And drives female grizzlies wild for miles around. [Razz]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Actually, I post most often when I'm sick, so I usually look kind of repulsive when I'm on Hatrack.

Hair in a tangled mass at the back of my head, red, runny nose, wool kneesocks, sweats and an ancient , fuzzy cardigan that I stole from Ron when were dating. Or maybe a the couch cozy Ron gave me for Christmas a couple years ago (It's like a big, thick robe with a zipper, and the bottom is closed up and has cuffs for you to stick your feet out of-- warm, comfortable, and completely hideous.)

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks around at the other BYU students sitting here in the library*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would be against the Honor Code for me to be posting nude right now. [Wink]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

Yet another reason never to attend BYU..... [Wink]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

I'm posting in the nude right now, at work, but I'm disguising it with various peices of cloth that resemble clothes.
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Two younger brothers, two conservative parents, lots of windows, construction workers across the street and next door... yeah, not happening. [Smile]

I'll walk around in just my skin if no one's home and if all the blinds are down and I'm just in a silly mood but posting... ::laughs:: I think I'd wear at least a blanket for that. (Yes, I've actually done this but no telling anyone. ::realizes the irony of saying as much online and shrugs while laughing::.)

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait ... we're supposed to wear clothes when we post? [Dont Know]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
This is so darned funny! [ROFL]
I guess I better stick to my trademark and take the joke too far: any hot women wanna get naked with me and post?

yeh. Definitely too far. [Blushing]

[ November 14, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: suntranafs ]

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.