FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I've been hit....again!!

Author Topic: I've been hit....again!!
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm driving to a nearby city to put in my application at a call center. I'm wandering around, lost, and there's nothing new with that. I come to a stop at a stop sign, and wave a guy on, when suddenly, BAM!

Yep, you knew it was coming, I got hit. For the third time in my driving career, I was hit.

The first time I was hit, I got clipped by a mail-man, an older man with glasses that were (I kid you not) an inch thick. The second time, I was stopped waiting for my turn to make a left turn into a parking lot, and a high-school kid hit me and then ran, of course after he stopped at the stop sign some 30 feet off, I got his tag number.

'Who did you get hit by this time, Orchid?', you might ask.

'Why, an insurance claims adjustor,' I'd answer.

Yes, I was hit by an insurance claims adjustor who was just coming from...adjusting a claim on a car accident.

Luckily, the only one who's hurt is my car, the bumper bent in and scratched by his enormous white Ford Expedition.

::Sigh:: I'll never hear the end of this from my Father. My bad luck with cars continues.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my, an insurance claims adjustor.... that is too funny!
((orchid))

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Fate is probably not quite funny enough that the claims adjuster that hit you works for your insurance company, is it?

I'm sorry to hear that you were hit, but I'm glad there was no more damage than to the bumper. I guess you can be glad of the three accidents, none were your fault. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, I was hit by an insurance claims adjustor who was just coming from...adjusting a claim on a car accident.
No way! Are you sure you weren't on t.v.?

I'm glad you're okay.

[ROFL]

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ford Expeditions... those brutes shouldn't be allowed! A short lady in one backed into our mailbox once and totally ripped it out of the ground, including over two feet of concrete footing. Crazy.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that Jeff Card guy is a true menace.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you poor thing. I'm glad you weren't hurt, but that still sucks. *sympathy*
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, and I'm glad I'm okay too. However, I think that perhaps this qualifies as something that I promised to 'laugh at the joyous turnings of life' back at Samhain.

However, I find myself more in the disgruntled mood than I feel like laughing.

I did notice that after I got out of my car and started getting the information from him, I started laughing and smiling a lot. Nervous tic, I suppose? Anyone else have that happen to them?

Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, that Jeff Card guy is a true menace.
Who's Jeff Card? [Smile]
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum
Member # 2549

- posted      Profile for Possum   Email Possum         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I saw this plot on a sitcom once.
[Wink]

Seriously, what a bummer.

Posts: 201 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I started laughing and smiling a lot.
BDO: I too become nice when in a stressful situation -- esp. where someone [else] is at fault. And yes, I do think that it's a byproduct of nervousness.

-----
ARND: according to the link he's Lalo and Scott R.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nervous tic, I suppose? Anyone else have that happen to them?
Yep, my first reaction in a bad situation is always to crack a smile and start giggling. Quite a few people do it. It's still very unsettling for everyone else, though...

Glad you're okay! And what a story it'll be when everything's worked out!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.