FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lame Q

Author Topic: Lame Q
Paercival
Member # 1408

- posted      Profile for Paercival   Email Paercival         Edit/Delete Post 
this is frikkin absurd. After reading this my evening has been ruined, i'm so pissed off now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3281327.stm

[edit: ok, time to explain myslelf] ok, I love u2, and think one is a good song, but overrated. There is NO way it is the best song ever written, not to even mention that it is not even an objective thing, you could vote most popular, sure, but best? Nice try.
Ok, the top ten? Eminem, oasis, destinys child?
Where's the zeppelin? hello? Nirvana at number 3? top ten, MAYBE. they were influenced by bands that wrote better songs. how do you even determine the best song? what was the criteria?
URGH!
i'm so angry...

[ November 18, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Paercival ]

Posts: 348 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree man. Every one of these kinds of lists tick me off. I'm gonna say this one more time. I don't care how much you like Radiohead, you cannot put 9 of their albums in the top 100 of all time. That is absolutely ridiculous. It just isn't true.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
::pat pat::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desu
Member # 5941

- posted      Profile for Desu           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all been done before.
Posts: 139 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Man. For a second I thought this thread was about me. . . .

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
You're so lame.

Anyway, it is. You and your freaking limp. Just knock it off already. [Mad]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

::cough::lame::cough::
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

Indeed. Not to mention vain.

Weirdo.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Hey - if you're ON, why aren't you ON??

-___-

Talk about lame: I'll bet you're dissing me for Civ 3 again, eh?

Did you even read my ANSWER TO THE BIGGEST QUESTION EVER thread?

Q.

Lissande
Member # 350

I don't own Civ 3. Duh. No, I'm having trouble sleeping so hopped on for a bit of lame Q-ness to put me to sleep. I'll probably have nightmares.

I did read your answer; my problem is that wasn't the question I was asking. So the answer was of limited use. [Razz]

asQmh
Member # 4590

I think you should go to sleep now.

Q.

Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has three other "top 100" lists, which you might like to compare with the one you mentioned. In case you don't want to go through the whole thread looking for them, here they are.

VH1 top 100 albums
Another one from Q Magazine
The NPR List

I personally like the NPR list, even though it's limited to American works. The VH1 list has some good stuff in it as well. Q magazine has some... interesting points of view. I'm not surprised by this most recent poll that you brought up. They tend to be biased towards newer music of specific genres and The Beatles. I mean, really, Destiny's Child? Come on. [Roll Eyes]

[ November 18, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Speed ]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't listen to music.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
"Music experts"?! Come on!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.