FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The final proof that America needs to lighten up

Author Topic: The final proof that America needs to lighten up
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The final proof that America needs to lighten up

Nursing A Lousy Image RNs Blame Crisis On TV's 'ER'

I feel like making everyone sing the original MST3000 theme song: “Repeat to yourself it’s just a show/you should really just relax.”

Has any show ever portrayed any profession accurately?

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there is "Tool Time". It pretty much nailed The contractor.

Now if you would excuse me I need to finish puting the chainsaw engine on my electric razor.

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it nailed the contractor as much as it did husbands. [Razz]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

You're obviously not familiar with Baywatch or Mr. Belvedere.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slacker
Member # 2559

- posted      Profile for slacker   Email slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think that there are any shows about IT guys.
Posts: 851 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Office Space?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Husband's a profession now? I thought it was a hobby. [Taunt]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on. Anyone who looks to television series' to portray anything in a realistic light needs a serious reality check.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

I'm pretty sure that's what everyone who's posted in this thread thinks, too.
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on! Are you trying to say that TV doesn't portray things realisticly? What about the Simpsons? Everyone knows that you can be extremely fat, lazy, and stupid and still go in space, meet former presidents, and save the day. Besides, we all know that Auto (Otto?) is a true bus driver. He speeds, listens to headphones, and is capable of failing every single element of his driving test.
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.