FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LOL at the Bush Poll....

Author Topic: LOL at the Bush Poll....
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.georgebush.com/Economy/

Here's their new "poll":

quote:
How many working families are benefiting from President Bush's Jobs and Growth Act?
And can't you just imagine the choices they give for this poll? Hehe:

quote:
12 million
23 million
34 million
18 million

[ November 21, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Caleb Varns ]

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
That is pretty damn funny. I think politics works this way most often. People think they have more choices than they actually do.
Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a thread about a biased poll earlier. Both sides do it, I guess. *wanders off to watch The West Wing*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The President’s Jobs and Growth Act of 2003 will create jobs and grow the economy by:

Speeding up the 2001 tax cuts to increase the pace of economic recovery and job creation

Encouraging job-creating investment in America’s businesses by providing dividend and capital gains tax relief and giving small businesses incentives to grow

Providing $20 billion in aid to States for necessary services

Encouraging job? What does that second one mean? Do they need a proofreader, or is there some meaning I'm not getting?
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
job-creating investment is the object, and encouraging is the verb of the noun clause.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
If I read it it right (and got what you were referring to), it's trying to say that it will encourage investment, particularly the job creating kind...

I'm not certain what kinds of investments there are, but I suppose that might be one of them...

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I get it. D*oh.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You simply must check out the photos of the economy. Seriously...the link is called:

Economy Photos

Here's our economy eating all the other littler, weaker economies.

Look how he's grown in just a few short months.

Remember what he looked like when we got him? All weak and spindly! Not anymore!!! He's HUGE!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, we only have 18 photos of our economy. He died before we could get the rest of the film developed.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember this time I got polled about Clinton. None of the questions/choices reflected what I really thought of him. Of course, that kind of language might be prohibited by the FCC. It was like "Don't you think Clinton can still be the greatest president ever despite the scandal?" Rate your agreement 1 to 5. (No negative integers allowed.) Let's divide by zero, shall we?
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unohoo
Member # 5490

- posted      Profile for unohoo   Email unohoo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hee Hee, I tried to submit a vote with nothing selected, but it wouldn't let me.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
If you look on the bottom of that page, there is a topic called "Compassion." If you click on it, you can read about GWB's new plan to "Eat the Poor."

Just kidding. About the Poor.

--Steve

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.