FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dayton, Ohio Hatrack get together or I am real...

Author Topic: Dayton, Ohio Hatrack get together or I am real...
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I finally met several Hatrackers today.

Several Hatrackers went to Cincy for OSC's book signing on Friday, and they stopped by my place in Dayton for lunch today. There was BannaOJ, Hobbes, blackwove and celia. cyrush from Cincy also came up. We had burgers, dogs and brats, chips and pop and after we were all done we walked up to the local ice cream shop and had some of the best ice cream in town. All in all they were here for about 3 hours and I think we all had a great time. The weather was very nice, sunny, a slight breeze and in the low 60's, which for Dayton Ohio is very good for the last third of Nov.

I guess this makes me a real Hatracker, since my existence can be verified.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great time, thanks so much for inviting us! [Big Grin] Of course I'm really just pleased that there was no descriptions of people posted for this so only you guys get to know how stupid I am IRL, but none the less, I quite enjoyed myself. Too bad you didn't get to meet HappyCamper who turned up at the signing (and turned out to be very cool). [Cool]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh, and I can now validate your reality, and mine's been validated several times so yes, you are real. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
None of you are real. You are just very clever 1's and 0's.

Very clever, indeed.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I just discovered there is an unclaimed jean jacket in the back of my van. Any takers?

msquared we had a delightful time! You and your wife are a wonderful host and hostess.

I just made it home and my derrier is recovering from a total of probably 13 hours of driving in two days.

BUt it was worth it, every bit!

AJ

(Oh yes and I now have half a head squish from OSC!)
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, am I not real? [Cry]

[PINNOCHIO VOICE] I wish that someday, I'll be a REAL girl...[/PINNOCHIO VOICE]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great time, msquared and mcubed are amazing hosts. And the ice cream was some of the best I have ever had. I had so much fun, I'm going to be on a high for weeks. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
the experience was so good that I started another thread devoted to the first half of our trip, the OSC signing itself

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Happy Camper
Member # 5076

- posted      Profile for Happy Camper   Email Happy Camper         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, wish I could have come up there and met you. Though I am actually a clever combination of strings vibrating in 11 dimensions, so I don't know how much I count for anything.

Heh, I've got the other half of that head squish.

-mike

Posts: 609 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
m2 is actually a very cleverly controled series of mirrors that m3 operates with ease.

[Big Grin]

we had a great time. i didn't even end up needing the cricket bat.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.